Guns N Roses Live at the Ritz 87 leaked(complete)!!!

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Didn't Rose say he took the name because he feared, in the event of Slash or Duff's death, their wives would take over the band?

I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong @Blackstar @RONIN ? Axl never actually said that.  That was some sort of protective? clause written into the contract = lawyer speak.  He did mention the wives/girlfriends being negative influences - but he was unclear as to what kind of negative influence. 

As far as I know, Axl has never made it abundantly clear why he left the partnership to start a new one in the first place.  He goes into some detail about the process and what happened afterwards, not so much the reason.  Regarding the name he felt he was entitled to it because he come up with it (see quotes below).

We can only try and guess at his reasoning for starting a new partnership by reading between the lines and trying to build a sort of 'bigger picture' of what was happening at the time, which was all really complicated. 

For those who might be interested, from the Axl chats:

The name does come from mine and Traci’s as the original inspiration but was something I played with not Traci and Guns was Guns before Traci joined. It was Guns Before I knocked on Izzy’s window. Earlier I had gotten Tracii to use the name Guns (as he had mentioned a girl had called him Mr. Guns sometime) so he’d stop calling his band Persian Rose. So I guess we have the girl to thank.

When Guns renegotiated our contract with Geffen I had the bit about the name added in as protection for myself as I had come up with the name and then originally started the band with it. It had more to do with management than the band as our then manager was always tryin’ to convince someone they should fire me. As I had stopped speaking with him he sensed his days were numbered and was bending any ear he could along with attempting to sell our renegotiation out for a personal payday from Geffen.  

It was added to the contract and everyone signed off on it. It wasn’t hidden in fine print etc as you had to initial the section verifying you had acknowledged it.

Now at that time I didn’t know or think about brand names or corporate value etc. All I knew is that I came in with the name and from day one everyone had agreed to it being mine should we break up and now it was in writing.

It wasn’t so much that it was a good course or that if looking back I could do something differently it’s that for better or worse it was the only course and had I not done this Slash would have succeeded in destroying me publicly much more than he, others or myself have so far and I would have gone bankrupt.

My personal opinion is that Axl did what he did out of fear and insecurity (a lot to do with Slash going off and doing his own thing imo) not to mention desperation, based on...lots of different things (too many to list succinctly) and that it wasn't a simple matter of a power grab - though that certainly does come into it, again for different reasons.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2

"The name does come from mine and Traci’s as the original inspiration but was something I played with not Traci and Guns was Guns before Traci joined. It was Guns Before I knocked on Izzy’s window. Earlier I had gotten Tracii to use the name Guns (as he had mentioned a girl had called him Mr. Guns sometime) so he’d stop calling his band Persian Rose. So I guess we have the girl to thank."

It's hard to tell exactly what he's saying here but if it's that he was using the name Guns N' Roses before he played with Izzy and Tracii then that is obviously bullshit.

50 minutes ago, bigpoop said:

"The name does come from mine and Traci’s as the original inspiration but was something I played with not Traci and Guns was Guns before Traci joined. It was Guns Before I knocked on Izzy’s window. Earlier I had gotten Tracii to use the name Guns (as he had mentioned a girl had called him Mr. Guns sometime) so he’d stop calling his band Persian Rose. So I guess we have the girl to thank."

It's hard to tell exactly what he's saying here but if it's that he was using the name Guns N' Roses before he played with Izzy and Tracii then that is obviously bullshit.

He didn't say he was using the name before he played with Izzy and Tracii, he said it was something he played with. He is saying he had this name before those early line ups. 

2 hours ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

I think, someone correct me if I'm wrong @Blackstar @RONIN ? Axl never actually said that.  That was some sort of protective? clause written into the contract = lawyer speak.  He did mention the wives/girlfriends being negative influences - but he was unclear as to what kind of negative influence. 

Yes, Axl himself never claimed that. It came from other people (Doug Goldstein among them, I think) and from Duff's account in his book as the reasoning that was presented to him (by other people again, not Axl).

Actually there was a separate clause regarding the case of a member's death in the 1992 partnership which didn't have anything to do with the name clause.

• Like 2

I don't quite understand this...

Live like a suicide was released in 1986. It contains Reckless Life with 'Suck on guns n fucking roses' Slash saying...

And here - Ritz 1987 the same can be heard....

Is that the same recording or what?

Anyone care to explain?

1 hour ago, scooby845 said:

Live like a suicide was released in 1986. It contains Reckless Life with 'Suck on guns n fucking roses' Slash saying...

Anyone care to explain?

Live like a suicide was recorded in studio, crowd noise was added in post-production. So there's no relationship

Just wondering if any musos out there can help me out: You're Crazy, 2:55 mark, are Izzy and Slash playing the same thing?  It's a wall of sound, I can't make out who's playing which part. lol  Or is it just that they're playing super fast?  What do you call that cool 'sliding' sound Slash is making (I presume it's Slash)?  

32 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Just wondering if any musos out there can help me out: You're Crazy, 2:55 mark, are Izzy and Slash playing the same thing?  It's a wall of sound, I can't make out who's playing which part. lol  Or is it just that they're playing super fast?  What do you call that cool 'sliding' sound Slash is making (I presume it's Slash)?  

Man I hate that 60fps crap

On 30.10.2017 at 3:58 PM, gnr5 said:

The only thing missing here is Dizzy's congas...SAID NO ONE EVER

I dont´t really understand what all this dizzy-bashing is all about. I mean, he seems to be a cool guy and he has an important part during estranged.

Edited by Xedos

6 hours ago, Xedos said:

I dont´t really understand what all this dizzy-bashing is all about. I mean, he seems to be a cool guy and he has an important part during estranged.

It was sarcasm, I like the stuff he does in UYI. But really, this video is so awesome without any of the extra players. So raw.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Xedos said:

He is important during Estranged... There are songs where he is not needed though.. Like whoever is doing the synth noises over the main riff of It's So Easy needs to be bitch slapped.. Whether it is him or Melissa...

I was at the Toronto shows and I swear the congos mics are not plugged in.    Can't hear them at all.  I never got the whole dizzy joining the band move.  

I would agree with FRONTMAN.  Melissa and Dizzy could be sent packing and the band would be just fine.

On 29/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, scooby845 said:

Anyone care to explain?

this is slashs version of `you know where you are`

meaning axl says that line in a lot of shows and slash also probably said `suck on gnfr` on quite a few shows

• Like 1

On 11/1/2017 at 4:29 PM, CDogg said:

I was at the Toronto shows and I swear the congos mics are not plugged in.    Can't hear them at all.  I never got the whole dizzy joining the band move.  

I would agree with FRONTMAN.  Melissa and Dizzy could be sent packing and the band would be just fine.

Imagine. If Axl didn't have them in, head have the money to pay Izzy. LOL

1 hour ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Imagine. If Axl didn't have them in, head have the money to pay Izzy. LOL

if axl and his loot-loving pals slash and duff gave 50% of this tour loot to izzy they would still be making more money than pretty much anyone in the music business these days