what's up with all these sex scandals?

action

Just now, spunko12345 said:

It is odd. I think its because a piece of music is something you either like or dont and people find it hard to accept that they love a song that a paedophile wrote. Whereas with tv presenters we can either take them or leave them.

People were very quick to say how they all thought saville was a creep after we found out about it all. Well he must have been a bit fucking popular, I for one loved "Fix It" i wanted to go on it and have a go on Jims knee and all that.

With songs you kind of have no choice over whether you love it or not and yhats what people find difficult. I remember Patrice O Niell doing a bit about how he loved Thriller and how he was wrestling morally about if he could still like it after Jacko was accused of noncing. He was going "well maybe he wasnt doing all that during the Thriller era" :lol: 

The difference between Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter is Michael's music was good so we invest more in attempting to exonerate him. Glitter's music is shite so nobody cares about calling him a disgusting kiddyfiddler. 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The difference between Michael Jackson and Gary Glitter is Michael's music was good so we invest more in attempting to exonerate him. Glitter's music is shite so nobody cares about calling him a disgusting kiddyfiddler. 

And thats exactly it. Who gives a shit about some shitty radio 1 dj string the bastard up...... but not the Stones, Zepplin or heaven forbid The Beatles. Dont even fucking investigate them :lol:

Out of interest how would you handle it if Beefy Botham was found to be at it?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I watched Rolf Harris gigs with a crowd of over 40,000 on 2 occasions. Breaks my heart listening to Two Little Boys these days. ;(

i agree about the bias in favor of rock stars. that said, personally i dont care if it's jagger or berry or anybody else. hung them all upside down by the bollox i say....

while i listen to exile and dangerous one more time. i honestly don't care. good music is good music, regardless of the performer. the performer is merely the messenger.

1 hour ago, spunko12345 said:

And thats exactly it. Who gives a shit about some shitty radio 1 dj string the bastard up...... but not the Stones, Zepplin or heaven forbid The Beatles. Dont even fucking investigate them :lol:

Out of interest how would you handle it if Beefy Botham was found to be at it?

Beefy's affairs are all vouched for.

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

15 would be statutory rape throughout a large portion of the world.

And if it wasn't the free and informed decision of a mature and competent 15 year old, it would be.  Just tough to legislate maturity.  Im not interested in being the rock star in that scenario, to be clear.  

Just saying that I draw a distinction between the casting couch and having a mature and willing groupie present themselves.  All makes my skin crawl and the predatory nature of the former is different in kind, imo

22 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

and he openly talked about getting with a 13yrld.

He openly talks about abducting a 13 year old before hand.  The stories have cast a shadow on my listening to Led Zeppelin.  

Edited by soon

I've been wondering for the past couple of days why all these rockstars seemingly have had a pass on this stuff considering it's been more blatant and documented than anything that is currently being condemned. I don't really have an explanation other than everyone has been conditioned to expect it from famous musicians whose hey day was decades ago.

Wyman and Smith seems utterly appalling now but I remember reading the tabloids as a teen and it was talked about as scandalous but not criminal.

16 hours ago, Gracii Guns said:

I do wonder about parents who send their kids to Eton (and similar top-bob boarding schools), knowing that there is a rape culture. I expect the schools have now more safeguarding procedures in place, but at least 20 or 30 years ago there wasn't. You'd have to have a heart of stone to think "little Gregory might get bummed, but he also might be prime minister one day. Swings and roundabouts"

The Westminster thing all stems from boarding school culture, of the 70s and earlier. Where nobody was a victim, and they barely saw a girl so many don't know how to treat women. They're in government, or at least leaving it. In 10 years time we'll be seeing the Thatcher kids rising through the ranks, bringing their own problems with them.

By the time someone of my generation is PM, the kids are gonna be like "those cruel bastards expect us to eat avocado on toast… since Brexit we haven't even seen an avocado!" :lol:

Your last one sodomized a pig didn't he? 

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

I've been wondering for the past couple of days why all these rockstars seemingly have had a pass on this stuff considering it's been more blatant and documented than anything that is currently being condemned. I don't really have an explanation other than everyone has been conditioned to expect it from famous musicians whose hey day was decades ago.

Wyman and Smith seems utterly appalling now but I remember reading the tabloids as a teen and it was talked about as scandalous but not criminal.

Probably because the groupies who slept with them talked about how awesome it was. Even if they were underage. Like the chick who lost her virginity to Bowie at like 12 or 13 and dated Page for several years. 

13 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Thats pretty much precisely it.  Same with Mick, shaggin' Mick is cool.  Quite frankly if Michael Jackson had not turned into a fuckin' waxwork then shagging him would've remained cool though quite frankly that cunt was PROPER moody, it weren't just some straight ahead didnt check their ID shit, that cunt built like a whole fuckin' lair to lure kids into, he had to go down.  And Glitter, again, you're not talkin' about Mick or Keith or some cool fucker just not making the distinction between 15 and 16, we're talkin' about like...y'know, getting a fuckin' ticket to Thailand for fuckin' toddlers or whatever that mad cunt was doin', ugh, doesn't bear thinkin' about. 

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Corey looks like a pedophile himself in that pic :lol:  Maybe pedophilia is like The Thing y'know, it touches you and you become it :lol:  Sorry, too far!

8 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

GO GET'EM COREY!!! Now why don't any of the "do-gooders" in Hollywood who got on their soapbox and were so aghast and outraged at the "grab 'em by the ****" comments, step up and donate and help him out? He absolutely does need money for security and lawyers and protection. Hypocrites.

1 hour ago, Whiskey Rose said:

GO GET'EM COREY!!! Now why don't any of the "do-gooders" in Hollywood who got on their soapbox and were so aghast and outraged at the "grab 'em by the ****" comments, step up and donate and help him out? He absolutely does need money for security and lawyers and protection. Hypocrites.

This ^^ 

Well said!

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Thats pretty much precisely it.  Same with Mick, shaggin' Mick is cool.  Quite frankly if Michael Jackson had not turned into a fuckin' waxwork then shagging him would've remained cool though quite frankly that cunt was PROPER moody, it weren't just some straight ahead didnt check their ID shit, that cunt built like a whole fuckin' lair to lure kids into, he had to go down.  And Glitter, again, you're not talkin' about Mick or Keith or some cool fucker just not making the distinction between 15 and 16, we're talkin' about like...y'know, getting a fuckin' ticket to Thailand for fuckin' toddlers or whatever that mad cunt was doin', ugh, doesn't bear thinkin' about. 

Corey looks like a pedophile himself in that pic :lol:  Maybe pedophilia is like The Thing y'know, it touches you and you become it :lol:  Sorry, too far!

rubbish. doesn't matter if you're too cool for school. if you're shagging underage kids, you go down. no excuses, no exceptions.

There is usually a general wave of hysterics which bubbles forth over the public. The sudden eagerness to hunt down middle aged paedophilic British television personalities is a good example. Why now, ex post facto? Why not earlier? It is a herd like mentality. The public act as a herd. The victims see a pot of money. The authorities inherently act as a herd seeing as it takes only one case to trigger a domino effect (e.g. Saville), and the media whips up a frenzy. Now it is Hollywood's turn. Weinstein has triggered another clash of dominoes.

On a slightly different not, it is weird how John Lennon gets such a reprieve for beating-up Cynthia whereas other celebrity perpetrators are rightfully lambasted, e.g. Axl Rose, Johnny Depp, Sean Connery - comments made in the latter example.  

1 minute ago, DieselDaisy said:

There is usually a general wave of hysterics which bubbles forth over the public. The sudden eagerness to hunt down middle aged paedophilic British television personalities is a good example. Why now, ex post facto? Why not earlier? It is a herd like mentality. The public act as a herd. The victims see a pot of money. The authorities inherently act as a herd seeing as it takes only one case to trigger a domino effect (e.g. Saville), and the media whips up a frenzy. Now it is Hollywood's turn. Weinstein has triggered another clash of dominoes.

On a slightly different not, it is weird how John Lennon gets such a reprieve for beating-up Cynthia whereas other celebrity perpetrators are rightfully lambasted, e.g. Axl Rose, Johnny Depp, Sean Connery - comments made in the latter example.  

well yea, of course it's like a herd. aided by social media. perhaps that's the reason?

the public is a dumb mass, which comes with its own problems. but we shouldn't lose track of the underlying issue here. someone was sexually assaulted. a serious offence. it's normal that any sane person condemns it. the dumb mass tend to gather in droves and walk in protest parades, but that's really besides the issue

15 minutes ago, action said:

well yea, of course it's like a herd. aided by social media. perhaps that's the reason?

the public is a dumb mass, which comes with its own problems. but we shouldn't lose track of the underlying issue here. someone was sexually assaulted. a serious offence. it's normal that any sane person condemns it. the dumb mass tend to gather in droves and walk in protest parades, but that's really besides the issue

But why now? Saville (et al) was abusing children from as early as the 1950s and was dead when the story broke. Weinstein must have been sleazing his way around Hollywood since the '90s. The Spacey act was committed years ago as the victim was only 14. Why do these things bubble forth suddenly ex post fact (generally) and have such a cascade effect?

Pertinent to the question, it will only take one accusation against a 'rock star' - one - and the genie will be out. The whole rotten lot will be targets, Jagger, Rose, Wyman, Page, etc - you name it, they'll all be in the dock.

PS

Townsend could have been that moment, but then that was before Saville. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

But why now? Saville (et al) was abusing children from as early as the 1950s and was dead when the story broke. Weinstein must have been sleazing his way around Hollywood since the '90s. The Spacey act was committed years ago as the victim was only 14. Why do these things bubble forth suddenly ex post fact (generally) and have such a cascade effect?

Pertinent to the question, it will only take one accusation against a 'rock star' - one - and the genie will be out. The whole rotten lot will be targets, Jagger, Rose, Wyman, Page, etc - you name it, they'll all be in the dock.

i hear you. why now. shit's really hitting the fan lately, hence why i made this thread. since i made it, it has only really began to snowball.

i maintain: social media. before social media, as a victim, where would you go to? to the cops? family? friends? it all stayed relatively closed doors.

but these days, all it takes is one person posting a cryptic message on twitter on possible sexual assault, and the message runs it's own course from there. the good comes with the bad. the bad? it's starting to reek of witch hunting. the good? the real offenders are shitting their pants.

Edited by action

26 minutes ago, action said:

rubbish. doesn't matter if you're too cool for school. if you're shagging underage kids, you go down. no excuses, no exceptions.

Well clearly you dont otherwise this shit wouldnt be comin’ to light so late in the day.  Whys Jimmy Page and them walking the fuckin streets then?

Edited by Len Cnut

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

If you’re gonna start doing people from the 1950s for everytime they slapped a bird theres gonna be a lot of time wasted in posthumous convictions.