Dizzy Reed - This Dont Look Like Vegas

29 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

There are about six million Guns N' Roses solo albums and affiliated projects, and only four Guns N' Roses albums. I think we'll get a Beta solo album before a Guns album to be honest.

It wanted to make a list with the discography of every former and present GN'R member. I had to stop at some point because it was to much

Edited by Sosso

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

I'm not a piano player myself, but I never thought much of Dizzy as a piano/keyboard player. I'm sure he's good enough at what he does and to play in a rock n roll band, but what exactly is it that makes him so good or special if he influenced you to become a piano/keyboard player? Because I just listened to that Ziggy Stardust performance, and it sounds rather mediocre.

Sometimes a person dont need to be a virtuoso at what he does to influence people to start to play a instument, see Slash. Sometimes people just need to be exposed to it, and Dizzy probably did it to a lot of people just for being the GNR keyboardist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

He has new material with two bands: Levee Walkers and Walking Papers.  Don't ask me what's up with all this 'walking'. :lol:  Walking Papers' music sounds the most promising.

Levee Walkers; they release something every several months don't they? The released another two track EP recently IIRC.

Walking Paper's self titled album was one of my highlights of 2012. Time flies.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ChineseDemocracy2004 said:

Levee Walkers; they release something every several months don't they? The released another two track EP recently IIRC.

Walking Paper's self titled album was one of my highlights of 2012. Time flies.

Yeah, there's a thread about Levee Walkers' latest in case you're interested: 

its pretty bizarre and you notice there is something really fucked up when a completely generic rock song from the biggest yes man in the music business is actually waaaaaaaay more listenable than the entire solo album of the guy who happens to be your favorite singer ever

3 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

its pretty bizarre and you notice there is something really fucked up when a completely generic rock song from the biggest yes man in the music business is actually waaaaaaaay more listenable than the entire solo album of the guy who happens to be your favorite singer ever

I had no idea that Axl released a solo album. I thought that he is still on tour with GN'R?

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I had no idea that Axl released a solo album. I thought that he is still on tour with GN'R?

I’d love to hear an Axl solo album. Axl has stated in interviews that if he were to make one it’d be much more instrumental than anything he’s ever released and would be along the lines of a movie soundtrack. I hope after he finishes touring with GNR and making an album with AC/DC he has time to make one.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’d love to hear an Axl solo album. Axl has stated in interviews that if he were to make one it’d be much more instrumental than anything he’s ever released and would be along the lines of a movie soundtrack. I hope after he finishes touring with GNR and making an album with AC/DC he has time to make one.

His album would probably include a lot of orchestral arrangements and weird experimental song structures - Chinese Democracy would sound like a classic GN'R album compared to that.

Edited by Sosso
  • GNFNR 2

15 hours ago, default_ said:

Sometimes a person dont need to be a virtuoso at what he does to influence people to start to play a instument, see Slash. Sometimes people just need to be exposed to it, and Dizzy probably did it to a lot of people just for being the GNR keyboardist. 

Most guitarists that I've been influenced by aren't virtuosos, but they had something that made them stand out... and that's what I was asking, which the poster still hasn't answered. What is it about Dizzy that made him stand out? Or is it indeed only the fact that he is playing in one of their favourite bands.

8 hours ago, Sosso said:

wow, i am confused now

last time i checked axl rose was doing the most lucrative tour ever, you know, all true axl fans must go to this tour because axl spent a lot of money last couple of tours with izzy doing guests spots and ne needs to get that money back because izzy is very expensive and axl told that axl prefers not to think too much about these things because it would spoil the fun and axl is doing this for the sake of art he wants to bury appetite and he wont play with slash again on this lifetime and he has worked really hard to keep the brand alive and axl gathered talented people and axl has a vision and ambition to evolve musically with modern guitar players on his side and keyboard players and he doesnt wanna turn himself into a vegas act playing 30 year old appetite songs he wants to expand creatively and fullfill his ambition i heard he wants to do a solo album of instrumental music and while he is warming up fir that he is working really hard giving people what they want and keeping the brand alive

screen-shot-2016-04-16-at-10-28-33-pm.pn

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

Dizzy's song is more "listenable" if you want to listen to a fun rock song and have good time, have a few drinks. For that, the song is perfect. But if you want an album that is almost a decade later still interesting and filled with emotional and thought-provoking songs, then Axl's album takes the cake. They are different kind of projects for different kind of moods. At least that's how I see it.

Edited by jekylhyde

41 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Trivia question... how did he get the name Dizzy? It's even more silly than Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Gilby, Buckethead, Bumblefoot and Ashba.

It seems it was a thing in the 80s glam scene to have "imaginative" stage names or nicknames ending in -y/-i/-ie which sometimes played with gender ambiguity, like Nikki Sixx and others.

There were worse: Blackie Lawless, Enuf Z'Nuff, Nadir D'Priest, Lizzie Grey :lol:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jekylhyde said:

Dizzy's song is more "listenable" if you want to listen to a fun rock song and have good time, have a few drinks. For that, the song is perfect. But if you want an album that is almost a decade later still interesting and filled with emotional and thought-provoking songs, then Axl's album takes the cake. They are different kind of projects for different kind of moods. At least that's how I see it.

Dizzy's song is more "listenable" because it has basic stuff like rhythm, groove, etc, even though it appears -- at first listen -- to be the ultimate generic rock song. Axls album is almost unlistenable because it lacks all of that, because the songs go nowhere and because the best singer ever decided to -- or had to -- change his voice so drastically that he became the most annoying singer ever in the process (with the exception, of course, of bono, myles k, the coldplay guy, bono, the green day guy, barbra streisand and bono)

If you want to listen to a fun rock song and have good time, have a few drinks, Dizzys song may not really work -- unless you are drunk, of course. For that, good songs -- like Guns n Roses songs -- are perfect.

And if you want some albums that 3 decades later are still interesting and filled with emotional and thought-provoking great songs, then GNR albumS take the cake. They are great albums. At least that's how I see it.

19 minutes ago, ludurigan said:

Dizzy's song is more "listenable" because it has basic stuff like rhythm, groove, etc, even though it appears -- at first listen -- to be the ultimate generic rock song. Axls album is almost unlistenable because it lacks all of that, because the songs go nowhere and because the best singer ever decided to -- or had to -- change his voice so drastically that he became the most annoying singer ever in the process (with the exception, of course, of bono, myles k, the coldplay guy, bono, the green day guy, barbra streisand and bono)

If you want to listen to a fun rock song and have good time, have a few drinks, Dizzys song may not really work -- unless you are drunk, of course. For that, good songs -- like Guns n Roses songs -- are perfect.

And if you want some albums that 3 decades later are still interesting and filled with emotional and thought-provoking great songs, then GNR albumS take the cake. They are great albums. At least that's how I see it.

k.