Dizzy Reed - This Dont Look Like Vegas

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

I fixed it for you :lol:

It was a fun night out, and I got to hear “pretty tied up” and “bad obsession” and celebrate the Music from the band I love. Better than sitting home and being negative on a message board. Lots of negativity

38 minutes ago, Mooch14 said:

It was a fun night out, and I got to hear “pretty tied up” and “bad obsession” and celebrate the Music from the band I love. Better than sitting home and being negative on a message board. Lots of negativity

Nah, I was just being funny as evidenced by the way I ended the post. I go to plenty of shows that have small crowds so I'm not bothered by that at all. However, I do have a sense of humor and like to make jokes there and there. Trust me, I wouldn't have been the admin of a GNR board for years if I couldn't take a joke about them now and again 

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

I sort of admire the fact he plays in a pub band during his time off, obviously as a labour of love as there is no money in it. Thousands in the bank no doubt, he could just put his feet up and do nothing when Guns are inactive. 

Well, to be fair - even when Guns are active, they're basically inactive. Dizzy has been in forced retirement since the end of Illusions.

The guy probably missed playing music. Its not like he's going to get to play any when he's hanging out with Axl.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I loved Todd Kerns band Age of Electric when I was a kid.  They sold oodles of albums here in Canada (relative to the market).  That band even splintered into two successful bands.  Everything the Kerns bros did was well loved, but then 'Can-rock' as its called in retrospect, disappeared (largely due to how priorities are adjusted in public art funding when the system produces success in the USA - looking at you Avril Lavigne and Nickel Back).  Given that, Im more then happy he plays in the Conspirators, but this is rather hard to watch.  Like, he was the songwriting front man of a multi-platinum band!

9 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@soon Todd is so talented and he also seems to have a very similar work ethic to Slash. He doesn't shine in those vids as he does on everything else i've seen.

Yeah, he's great! Does he sing any leads on SMKC studio tracks?  I think that would be really cool.

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, soon said:

Yeah, he's great! Does he sing any leads on SMKC studio tracks?  I think that would be really cool.

not yet, but i'm sure he will on SMKC 3, he does some leads live and he's really good.

3 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I prefer Todd Kerns's vocals to Myles's

Quite a few people feel the same. I really love Myles' vocals but i would be happy enough if Todd stands in for Myles for the next tour and maybe even the album if Myles leaves.

• Like 1