Axl rarely introducing Slash during UY Tour

7 minutes ago, vicson said:

He introduced Duff every night from 91 to 93 as " The king of beers". :) I was talking about that era. In the recent tour he introduces Slash too. 

Cool, who knows maybe that was the time Axl and Slash were drifting apart. The nineties were not a good time for GNR.

If you haven't read the books by Slash, Duff and Steven, you should. It's interesting books and tells you a lot about their lives before GNR and during and after. I only wish Axl would write a book too. I'd love to hear his version of things, but the books do tell about the same stories, so I hope they are true.

Welcome to the GNR messageboard! :lol:

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The nineties were not a good time for GNR.

very hard to agree with that

comparing with the 80s, maybe you have a point

comparing to anything that happened in the 21st century -- the endless mockery of axl rose horrendous solo career being presented as GNR and the pure nonsense of guns n aliens tour being presented as a GNR reunion -- the 90s were brilliant

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, gnr5 said:

I believe it was because he was already introduced during Bad Obession and/or because "he needed no introduction". During UYI and after I don't think Axl was ever introduced for the same reason.

Nobody indroduces the introducer

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chokes said:

Axl and Slash are 2 of the most recognizable musicians in history, they don't need any introduction. I'm sure the one time Axl did it at the start of the tour was just out of courtesy, a way of saying Slash is back in the band. 

Axl always introduced Slash on NITL.

• Like 2

He introduced Slash before bad obsession - and before the Stones jam and also before Knocking on Heavens Door when I seen them in Lexington in 91 -Slash spoke to the crowd before Paradise City "turn the house lights on fuckers, I see you know " this has  been the best crowd so far on this tour " Glad u motherfuckers came out and rocked our fucking heads off " This is paradise City" 

4 hours ago, Original said:

I never have understood the introductions for any band.  We all knew the band back ('87-'89), we all knew the big 3-4 (UYI Tour).  Now- we all know Axl, Slash n Duff...they need no intro.

This,different story with Nu-Guns👍

I always thought that Axl didn't introduce Slash out of respect for Slash being the legend that he was already becoming at that time. Often times, the lead singer does not get introduced and I figured that Slash was on that level (he is now) that he was too big for the introduction also