Your view, right now

SoulMonster

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/4/2021 at 10:35 AM, SoulMonster said:

Technically no, these are European brown trout, but as far as I know they look very much the same.

Yes, they are very similar and taste similar as well.  The reason I asked is because I used to go Trout fishing several times a week during Trout season when I was younger.  It was a true passion/hobby of mine. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ace Nova said:

Yes, they are very similar and taste similar as well.  The reason I asked is because I used to go Trout fishing several times a week during Trout season when I was younger.  It was a true passion/hobby of mine. 

Ah, I love trout fishing. I don't get to do it often, though, but my brother-in-law and UI go out every fall for a weekend fishing and the picture we discuss is from the most recent trip. I also do some fishing way up north in Norway where my mother-in-law used to live, but she has recently moved in with us so I don't get to do that anymore, unfortunately, because the fishing up there is great.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/1/2021 at 1:47 PM, SoulMonster said:

Sorry, this isn't from right now but my hike last weekend (didn't have connection up in the mountain).

20210812.jpg

20210815.jpg

20210816.jpg

20210817.jpg

Amazing! In Scotland we have a lot of residual glacial geomorphology, and it looks pretty similar, but over the sea in Norway it's still an active process. Stunning photos, dude.

1 hour ago, Graeme said:

Amazing! In Scotland we have a lot of residual glacial geomorphology, and it looks pretty similar, but over the sea in Norway it's still an active process. Stunning photos, dude.

Thank you. This was from my company's annual mountain hike, where we start hiking from where we finished the previous year. We originally started in the east of Jotunheimen six years ago and have now come to the largest glacier in Norway, Jostedalsbreen (parts of it shown on one of my pictures). Next summer we will attempt to cross it, if the weather allows. Then we will turn northwards and hike towards the north of the country. In a few decades I hope we will have walked the length of Norway. It's a way for me to get some mountain hikes in a busy life and it is nice for my colleagues, maybe especially those from outside of Norway, to see our mountains and fjords. We also try to add some cultural experiences along and this year we also did a 3 hour RIB tour from Luster in Sognefjorden to Fjærland. That was quite spectacular.

A few pictures from previous tours:

The famous Besseggen, where you walk along an edge with the dark blue Bessvatnet to the right and the cyan (because of glacial sediments) Gjendevatnet to the left.

img_2010.jpg

From the descent down to the cabin Gjendebu, just before perilous and very steep Bukkelægret where we have to descend with the aid of ropes and wires:

img_2011.jpg

From the cross through Svartdalen. Tall peaks and glaciers surround us.

img_2015.jpg

Down beautiful Fleskedalen towards Vetti. 

20200829.jpg

The Vetti water fall, 273 meter free fall.

20200830.jpg

This year's hike again, entering the pass between Supphelledalen and Snauedalen, after a streneous climb. The ice patch would cause some problems since we didn't bring crampons.

20210818.jpg

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

3 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Thank you. This was from my company's annual mountain hike, where we start hiking from where we finished the previous year. We originally started in the east of Jotunheimen six years ago and have now come to the largest glacier in Norway, Jostedalsbreen (parts of it shown on one of my pictures). Next summer we will attempt to cross it, if the weather allows. Then we will turn northwards and hike towards the north of the country. In a few decades I hope we will have walked the length of Norway. It's a way for me to get some mountain hikes in a busy life and it is nice for my colleagues, maybe especially those from outside of Norway, to see our mountains and fjords. We also try to add some cultural experiences along and this year we also did a 3 hour RIB tour from Luster in Sognefjorden to Fjærland. That was quite spectacular.

Jotunheimen is such a cool place name... giant country.

9 hours ago, Graeme said:

Jotunheimen is such a cool place name... giant country.

Old Norse name from the sagas and then in the 19th century, I believe, when they were naming this mountain range, and in a time when we were trying to find out own identity and national patriotism was huge, they gave it that name. So an old name but fairly recently attributed to this mountain range. It fits though with its tall peaks and deep valleys.

14 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Old Norse name from the sagas and then in the 19th century, I believe, when they were naming this mountain range, and in a time when we were trying to find out own identity and national patriotism was huge, they gave it that name. So an old name but fairly recently attributed to this mountain range. It fits though with its tall peaks and deep valleys.

Norway has held this mysterious and mystical interest with me. Bowie's Blackstar where he mentions "The Villa Of Ormen" is possibly a veiled reference to Norway. Anyway, seems like a cool place.

6 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Norway has held this mysterious and mystical interest with me. Bowie's Blackstar where he mentions "The Villa Of Ormen" is possibly a veiled reference to Norway. Anyway, seems like a cool place.

I am afraid you'd be disappointed if you care here, but the nature is pretty awesome.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With Bertie Auld passing, I thought I’d go up to Celtic Park to take a look at the abundance of flowers, scarves, shirts etc that were left to pay respect to one of Celtic’s greatest ever players, a man that gave his time to anyone who asked for it and without doubt one of the greatest figures of Scottish Football as a whole. Unfortunately, I was struggling for time so I’m literally just in the door, but I’m glad I went.

03AFD55D-9058-4533-8389-1D6CE8D4806B.jpeg.227bc22d07a918e1dad0d454543bfe42.jpeg

• Like 3