06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

2 minutes ago, felixGNR said:

Did they released? How many albums did they record?

That doesn't matter. The song was written by Axl, Izzy and Paul for Hollywood Rose, which makes it a cover.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Joe Pedregal said:

plus Wichita Lineman and with Attitude instead of New Rose & Patience instead of Don't Cry

They played Wichita in Denmark too, even though it’s no longer on setlist.fm for some reason. So yeah, basically the same 3 hr set - just with Patience instead of Don’t Cry.

2 minutes ago, GunsDK said:

They played Wichita in Denmark too, even though it’s no longer on setlist.fm for some reason. So yeah, basically the same 3 hr set - just with Patience instead of Don’t Cry.

i've seen all the concert in streaming, and after coma they play wish you were here...

4 minutes ago, koldweather said:

Decent show. First part sounded decent enough, middle had some ok moments but also very ropey at times. Ending was not bad overall.

I have to say that middle part does slow the pace down so much, especially in a festival setting.

Outta likes but agree with your assessment of it.  Must say it was absolutely thrilling to hear the whole crowd singing and jumping around to Jungle, Slither and SCOM, also NV got a huge response of course. 

Huge thanks to Spike and his super battery powered phone! lol  His arms must be numb by now. :lol:

• Like 1

Good show. Some really tough moments (TIL,Coma outro) , Slither and Shadow were highlights for me , they just getting better and better. Axl tried a lot and gave his all in each song. Need to have a change in the second part of the set, long songs,ballads, intros, solos they're just mood killers for a festival. The sound must have been good , Axl was really loud. We should get this SOYL on ProShot. 

Spikey Spike , may your hands be blessed. Thank you.:headbang:

• Like 1

Geez I hope we get Shadow of Your Love on pro shot and they don't just go the obvious route of Jungle/SCOM/November Rain/KOHD. Slither would be great as well but if they're only going to broadcast a handful of songs I can't see it being one of them

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

Silther had Slash & Duff on the original recording, but it's still a cover for GN'R.

True, but that was a VR release no questions, to my knowledge Shadow never got released by Hollywood Roses in the same way, and only got released as a GnR song in 86, then again later as that B side, regardless of it origins.

Still, I don't think it matters, its Guns current single, and as such deserves its air time, plus Axl does a good job with it.

Edited by koldweather

5 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That doesn't matter. The song was written by Axl, Izzy and Paul for Hollywood Rose, which makes it a cover.

What about songs like Reckless Life or Back Off Bitch? They might've originally been written pre-GNR but they are still GNR songs. While Hollywood Rose played Shadow, it was written and later used by the guys who went on to form GNR, and was changed a bit in the process so the Hollywood Rose version is kinda like a 'blueprint' for the GNR song. It'd be a different argument if Hollywood Rose had ever done anything, but they were really just a 'stepping stone' band for the people involved.