06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

14 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Good show. Some really tough moments (TIL,Coma outro) , Slither and Shadow were highlights for me , they just getting better and better. Axl tried a lot and gave his all in each song. Need to have a change in the second part of the set, long songs,ballads, intros, solos they're just mood killers for a festival. The sound must have been good , Axl was really loud. We should get this SOYL on ProShot. 

Spikey Spike , may your hands be blessed. Thank you.:headbang:

Point on the second part it is very sluggish

34 minutes ago, Sosso said:

That doesn't matter. The song was written by Axl, Izzy and Paul for Hollywood Rose, which makes it a cover.

It was written before Hollywood Rose existed. It was performed by Hollywood Rose, L.A. Guns and Guns N' Roses, and it was released as a GnR song.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Outta likes but agree with your assessment of it.  Must say it was absolutely thrilling to hear the whole crowd singing and jumping around to Jungle, Slither and SCOM, also NV got a huge response of course. 

Huge thanks to Spike and his super battery powered phone! lol  His arms must be numb by now. :lol:

Maybe he have titanium battery 🌞

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Just tuning in..  Looks like the brought it?

Seemed like a decent concert overall, first half was better as the set seemed to flow quite nicely with a decent number of shorter and heavier songs, the 2nd half dragged from here, though I appriciate at the show it may feel different.

Need to see more videos from closer to the stage, but Slither seemed to get a great reaction from the crowd.I suspect the usual songs also got a similar reception further forward.

Axl's voice was...well a bit of everything would be fair! Some was very decent, spread in with mainly average, with a couple of real berlin style shockers (the first chorus of TIL again was really poor, and you could tell he was having a harder time than Denmark.)

Edited by koldweather

Just got back to the campsite. Exhausted!

Show had s bit of everything but around the This I Love struggles I thought we might be in for a bit of a disaster. 

He managed to pull it together for Shadow and it was great to hear Slither. 

Slash stole the show. 

• Like 4

Hey Axl, you are struggling with This I Love, just drop it from set 
I like the song but i hear Axl is struggling and it would be propably good for his voice to just remove that from the setlist
I'd take madagascar, or just nothing to give him a rest

• Like 1

Just now, angriestwhopper said:

Completely lost interest in GNR after that. Same old shit and progressively worse performances. Going down the kiss route... With no new music. The world needs a new GNR.

I would say today show was better than most of 2017 shows