06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

16 minutes ago, swishtz said:

I don't understand the relevance of your response to the point I made ?

Had this been a Guns show like Berlin & Denmark there would have been a golden circle. The fact they were headliners of a festival with lots of other bands on the same stage would make it impossible to do.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

Best Slither so far. Sounds coherent in the verses as well as in the chorus with Axl this time. That Slash solo kills it every time and Axl's part after the solo was killer too.

After all these years of wondering how would VR sound with Axl.... and here we go :D pretty killer!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, T-Minus said:

I tell you what...  He needs to get rid of This I Love from the setlist...  Man that was fucking atrocious.  He simply cannot sing it anymore...  Good lord, it was like a drunk fat guy doing karaoke at his local dive bar...  Crikey.

It's weird 'cause TIL been Axls strongest card since it was introduced until now, especially the chorus where he now struggles.

But I'm somehow less worry about Axls voice. It sounds like it's in the middle of an evolving process.. His rasp, once it's used, is really pure demonic power.

And when we're talking about his Mickey.. let us define it. His high register works fine, as some wrongly say it don't. What he does is using his clean falsetto in the middle register where he used to use more nasal-raspy-deep-thrust. That's the "problem". 

And that's why he performed like a demon on Axl/dc, the songs doesn't demand that middle register.

Then why? Problably because his nasal-raspy-deep-thrust voice lacks persistence, not performance. And when its worned out, after songs like jungle and CD, he gradually replacing with his falsetto instead, that not really fit that register at all..

Anyhow... the band sounds great and I really don't care if Axl is a bit shaky. His highlights are still far beyond other vocalists and still have it's own uniqueness..! And to be honest, I don't want it to be perfect. 

• Like 1

It looks to me like the topic is more like "AXL current voice discussion". Thanks for the video and photo links anyway, great stuff ! In general i think people there enjoyed the show so much, this is what matters after all. They sound amazing. Slither sounds so great with AXL different approach to vocals, his own you know... If I am a dreamer, I would wish to hear a studio version of it in Future :D

1 hour ago, Creed said:

Solid. But the high 'Here comes the water' part sounds annoying to me. Why isn't he using his normal/deep voice? Don't get it. Its easier to sing and sounds better. Dude is addicted to Helium...

While i saying this i hope they are going to try some other slash stuff from the past as well like Anastasia, Give in to me, always on the run, etc

He's doing backing vocals for the chorus, but because his mic is the lead mic it's higher than everyone else's and stands out more. If it were a studio track with proper studio mixing his harmonies in the chorus would make more sense. 

Slither is just getting better and better. Surely becoming the highlight/most exciting part of the shows IMO. One of Slash's best solos and I think Axl's melody changes in the chorus have made the song better than Scotts version. So happy they finally started playing it. Shame they haven't added more/different songs to the set list, Slither alone won't get me to buy tickets for this tour having seen them already in '16 and '17.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stro said:

He's doing backing vocals for the chorus, but because his mic is the lead mic it's higher than everyone else's and stands out more. If it were a studio track with proper studio mixing his harmonies in the chorus would make more sense. 

They could have easily lowered his mic in the chorus if that was the idea, so I don't think so.

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I feel like people who are complaining about people complaining maybe should just ignore people they disagree with and stop trying to silence them. 

I just hide what I don't like, personally - I'm here for the information, it used to be vital during the Chinese-era. There were too many iterations of the band and Axl to align everyone nowadays.

Just enjoy the touring ride, for as long as it lasts - if you can. If they don't deliver what you desire, let it go. It ain't gonna change because it's not something they can work on. People age, bodies are changing.

3 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Best Slither so far. Sounds coherent in the verses as well as in the chorus with Axl this time. That Slash solo kills it every time and Axl's part after the solo was killer too.

How can you guys call this Solid? Axl really needs a vocal coach asap!

• Like 3

They could do this for years. When people wonder who's going to replace The Rolling Stones, Guns N' Roses are the answer. This line-up could easily tour every 5-10 years, charging big stadium prices for big stadium shows. They're got the catalogue, they can pull the crowds.

https://www.loudersound.com/features/what-happened-when-guns-n-roses-headlined-download