06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

7 hours ago, Gibbinson1983p said:

Going to world cup as well? To watch the mighty England? I envy you sir

Yes, the dreamer in my has already clocked GNR play in Poland just before Semi final, and Moscow just before final in case England get there I have tickets for.

We can but dream............ :lol:

4 hours ago, Free Bird said:

Best Slither so far. Sounds coherent in the verses as well as in the chorus with Axl this time. That Slash solo kills it every time and Axl's part after the solo was killer too.

I can dig this! Easily my favorite so far. He's better overall in the first place here but the way he sings the chorus in general is really growing on me too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NicoRourke said:

Tkx! Must be even bigger than that if you look at some of the videos!

The site is huge and slopes up at the back to allow even more to have a decent view. There are 4/5 stages as well they reckon 110,000 capacity.

16 hours ago, 6lake sa66ath said:

Just got back to the campsite. Exhausted!

Show had s bit of everything but around the This I Love struggles I thought we might be in for a bit of a disaster. 

He managed to pull it together for Shadow and it was great to hear Slither. 

Slash stole the show. 

Thank you.  ;)

Just leaving this here for those who were suggesting that Slash should stop doing extended solos/Godfather theme etc... because they're boring.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

12 minutes ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thank you.  ;)

Just leaving this here for those who were suggesting that Slash should stop doing extended solos/Godfather theme etc... because they're boring.

Slash never steals the show as much as when he's not doing these extended noodlings that appeared during the WOF tour. 

Edited by EvH
  • Like 1

Looking for a favour from the U.K. members. I noticed on MTV rock channel there is performances from download 2018 on this evening. As I’m using an app on my firestick to watch channels I’m not getting a description on the guide to who is on. Can anyone find out ? Thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Looking for a favour from the U.K. members. I noticed on MTV rock channel there is performances from download 2018 on this evening. As I’m using an app on my firestick to watch channels I’m not getting a description on the guide to who is on. Can anyone find out ? Thanks. 

It’s on MTV Rocks at 18:35 to 19:00.

It’ll just be music videos of some of the performers - not the performances.

Sky Arts will be showing highlights of the Download Festival towards the end of the month.

1 minute ago, marinergtfc said:

It’s on MTV Rocks at 18:35 to 19:00.

It’ll just be music videos of some of the performers - not the performances.

Sky Arts will be showing highlights of the Download Festival towards the end of the month.

Ok thanks 👍 I wasn’t sure if it was live performances or not. 

5 minutes ago, Jakey Styley said:

Honestly it sounds like fitness and breath management is one of Axl's biggest problems and one that can be solved. He struggles more than ever to hold notes or drag out words when he is supposed to.

Yes...whats the chances of that though? last time he was in half decent shape was 2010. He wasn't thin but he could move around well and wasn't as bloated. 
I have no doubts he has a personal trainer on tour, he always did, right? 
Perhaps he struggles with a medical issue with his body? I mean we don't know, but then again, KFC and Donkin Doughnuts isn't helping! 

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Thank you.  ;)

My friend was there and said THOUSANDS of people were going to the toilets during his RQ solo, blues jams. Said it deflated the set. Great while they were playing actual songs, and boring while they "jammed". He said Slash was actually one of the down points because of it actually. And we both live Slash, but come on!!!

Slash plays way too many solos and it was same when we saw them last year and the year before. One big solo section is more than enough. And Richard can have a small solo in heavens door or whatever. Cut the flab.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

My friend was there and said THOUSANDS of people were going to the toilets during his RQ solo, blues jams. Said it deflated the set. Great while they were playing actual songs, and boring while they "jammed". He said Slash was actually one of the down points because of it actually. And we both live Slash, but come on!!!

Slash plays way too many solos and it was same when we saw them last year and the year before. One big solo section is more than enough. And Richard can have a small solo in heavens door or whatever. Cut the flab.

I agree with this. I went for a piss and a beer when slash started one if his solos. They could chop 30 mins off the show and still have an awesome set. No need for 3 hours.   

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bangit said:

I agree with this. I went for a piss and a beer when slash started one if his solos. They could chop 30 mins off the show and still have an awesome set. No need for 3 hours.   

Yep, if they cut 30mins it would be a brilliant set altogether!

It's a great set now, but there's room to tighten and still keep breaks for the "costume changes".

fantastic atmosphere, fantastic show, fantastic day. loved every minute of it. both duff and axl seemed in good spirits smiling throughout and interacting with the crowd. loved the work slash put in with the intro's and solo's, rock aint rock without a screaming Gibson and slash nailed it. 

after being a fan spanning 3 decades i finally got to see SOYL live :) brilliant.

and whats with all the negative comments about the set becoming slow in the middle ? some of the bands biggest hits have been slow songs/ballads. in fact it has been 31 years since they last released an album WITHOUT a slow song/ballad on it so what did you expect ?

would have been nice if they played both don't cry and patience instead of one or the other and they need to replace the seeker with the garden but all in all one of the best shows i've been to 9/10 

• Like 2

I walked 10 miles yesterday after the gig a steward sent us the wrong way done a whole curcit of the camp site. Basically left on the right hand side came back in on the left side to leave again.

Fucking stewards 

When i got to hotel bed I didn't move till morning.

Thats my only complaint of the day. The dope was easy to get in.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Appetite4vinyl said:

This photo my photos and my borther in law's dont do it justice. It was a sea of poeple must of been more the 90,000 in there 

capacity was 130.000. it didnt sell out but as it was packed right to the back i would say it could'nt have been far off