06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

14 hours ago, Santacruz said:

I think it is obvious that this GNR show needs some adjustment. Just my impressions:

Sound gets better, I think they warm up and Axl seems to feel more comfortable on stage. Nevertheless: he sometimes sounds horrible, depending on the song.

Therefore: a few songs should be banned: f.e.> This is Love is the most horrible thing I ever heard live. Plus the set is too long. Skip some "boring" songs , long does not automatically mean better or more worth the ticket price.

The video installations are kind of oldfashioned and not entertaining at all. More like made by two 14 year olds in 1994. If you want to do this you should keep up with the latest stuff and get in touch with some cool video artists who really know what they are doing. 

Skip the silly motorcycle piano chair and think about the stage outfit again maybe ( okay not the most important part I know, but nevertheless..).. Too many chains and rings and silly shirts. Someone mentioned it before: Axls rehearsal clothes looked much better: sneakers, plain shirt, shorts..Right now his outfit makes him much older and oldfashioned in a bad way, too. Is this supposed to be a rock outfit? It is rather tasteless. Sorry, only my opinion.

When I think about GNR it is not just the songs but the feeling of listening to a band ( and a circle of friends) that is on a real rock mission. Unfortunately, this special feeling disappeared because it is not the original line-up. I cannot warm up to studio musicians like Melissa or Frank. They may be good musicians ( some may disagree:-)) ,but they just do not fit into this concept of a rock band, the magic is def. not there.

Slash is pretty good IMO, Axl is moving from great to horrible depending on the song/mood/rehearsal/moon phase. And sorry again: his new look is quite irritating to me. He never should have done what he did to his face/hair-no matter what it exactly was. Actually it makes him look like 68. I do not care to much About his weight, I guess this is a factor that can be fixed if he wants to. If not: his business-he has to get through this set somehow..

By the way: are there any advisors around GNR who are not yes sayers?

Wow I think we have a music industry genius here ! What amazing observations and advice, what an expert in both music and design, let's bow down to your brilliance - Team Brazil move over, Santacruz is here -  we bow to your amazingness. Please tell me how many live shows it took you to watch to come to these incredible conclusions ? Where your musical ear and visual brilliance got it's training from ? I await in utter anticipation for your next words of wisdom. 

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, swishtz said:

Wow I think we have a music industry genius here ! What amazing observations and advice, what an expert in both music and design, let's bow down to your brilliance - Team Brazil move over, Santacruz is here -  we bow to your amazingness. Please tell me how many live shows it took you to watch to come to these incredible conclusions ? Where your musical ear and visual brilliance got it's training from ? I await in utter anticipation for your next words of wisdom. 

You may not believe it but I actually have been working in the music industry for 20 years now and I have seen all kinds of artist and concerts: classical to rock to whatever… Does that make me an expert ? I don't know. But i think I am not a fool and I am able to  analyse what I see and experience in music and entertainment, others may disagree, which is totally okay....Cheers Buddy.

Edited by Santacruz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Santacruz said:

You may not believe it but I actually have been working in the music industry for 20 years now and I have seen all kinds of artist and concerts: classical to rock to whatever… Does that make me an expert ? I don't know. But i think I am not a fool and I am able to  analyse what I see and experience in music and entertainment, others may disagree, which is totally okay....Cheers Buddy.

Well buddy , don't give up the day job ...

I really enjoyed the day thought they was great Slash works soooo hard the set was great they could easy trim 30 mins off & still be a great show thought the sound was great but i was stood by 2 sound towers would love too see that in an Arena they have loads they could swap in the set then the show really could go on...!!!!!!

Ive read today they was SUPPOSEDLY paid $6.5million for that show its been said a few places

24 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

They got an okay review in Kerrang this week 

B84C9B58-BC09-441C-BEDF-C1B5385BA304.thumb.jpeg.6d11bde2bea150e0eb4f83ea9ba898a0.jpeg

I laugh hard with The Guardian review ,the writer said " plus a version of "Knockin' on heaven's door" last so long we can only assume AXL is knocking on the wrong door ".:lol: but plus this joke was a good review too

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 16.6.2018 at 11:31 AM, UK_GNR said:

Just seen an advert for Download highlights on Sky Arts although predictably it didn't mention GNR, starts Fri 29/6 and from prior years it was a couple of hours each of Fri & Sat

I thought they will Play some GnR Songs too 😊 it would be so cool 😊