06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

20 minutes ago, Amir said:

Sounds like he goes for the rasp for a bit, and it doesn't sound bad, then he does a sharp turn into a clean voice that I haven't heard him use in a while. Hopefully picks things up in a few shows time.

Actually that low voice he falls in sounds pretty good

21 minutes ago, slitherz said:

Actually that low voice he falls in sounds pretty good

It does, it just sounds weird coming right after the rasp. It's like 3 voices in 15 seconds :lol:

My favourite vocals for This I Love are still its live debut from Taipei 2009, warts and all:

Shame about that solo :wacko:

2 hours ago, Amir said:

Sounds like he goes for the rasp for a bit, and it doesn't sound bad, then he does a sharp turn into a clean voice that I haven't heard him use in a while. Hopefully picks things up in a few shows time.

He was doing that on coma as well but seemed to be working for him better. 

10 hours ago, donny said:

Erin ? pardon my ignorance but as GN'R lay dormant for so many years i may have got mixed up. i thought the song was about steph. i will bow down to your knowledge on this matter. 

Well, I’m often completely wrong.

But I’ve never seen a quote about it.

But how did Axl write a song about Seymour as she appeared in the videos?

the only other thing I’ve heard is TIL was linked to What Dreams May Come  , a Robin Williams movie. 

10 hours ago, donny said:

Erin ? pardon my ignorance but as GN'R lay dormant for so many years i may have got mixed up. i thought the song was about steph. i will bow down to your knowledge on this matter. 

18 minutes ago, wasted said:

Well, I’m often completely wrong.

But I’ve never seen a quote about it.

But how did Axl write a song about Seymour as she appeared in the videos?

the only other thing I’ve heard is TIL was linked to What Dreams May Come  , a Robin Williams movie. 

Axl said in a late 1992-early 1993 interview that he had written and recorded TIL and that he wanted it to be on the new album. 

http://www.a-4-d.com/t1660-1992-mm-dd-interview-with-axl

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2650-1993-mm-dd-raw-magazine-an-appetite-for-construction-the-axl-interview

In 2010 he said it was the only song written in France. 

David Dominguez said it was recorded on the road and there were tapes of it in Paris, London, and probably Sydney.

Axl was in Paris twice during that time period: 1) In August 1991, while the rest of the band was in Norway (and the show there was cancelled because of that). The band played in London in September 1991. 2) In June 1992 when GnR played there. At that time there was a rumoured falling out with Stephanie Seymour (that's why he ranted on Warren Beatty at the Paris show). The next couple of shows in England were postponed for about two weeks, probably because of that. They played in Sydney in January 1993.

So it was most likely written in 1992.

20 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Axl said in a late 1992-early 1993 interview that he had written and recorded TIL and that he wanted it to be on the new album. 

http://www.a-4-d.com/t1660-1992-mm-dd-interview-with-axl

http://www.a-4-d.com/t2650-1993-mm-dd-raw-magazine-an-appetite-for-construction-the-axl-interview

In 2010 he said it was the only song written in France. 

David Dominguez said it was recorded on the road and there were tapes of it in Paris, London, and probably Sydney.

Axl was in Paris twice during that time period: 1) In August 1991, while the rest of the band was in Norway (and the show there was cancelled because of that). The band played in London in September 1991. 2) In June 1992 when GnR played there. At that time there was a rumoured falling out with Stephanie Seymour (that's why he ranted on Warren Beatty at the Paris show). The next couple of shows in England were postponed for about two weeks, probably because of that. They played in Sydney in January 1993.

So it was most likely written in 1992.

But by new album he meant the next GNR album with Slash and Duff. Not CD which they didn’t start for real until 97? 

What I’m saying is that Axl talks about TIL in the Makin’ videos dvd while they are shooting videos with Seymour right? 

7 minutes ago, wasted said:

But by new album he meant the next GNR album with Slash and Duff. Not CD which they didn’t start for real until 97? 

What I’m saying is that Axl talks about TIL in the Makin’ videos dvd while they are shooting videos with Seymour right? 

Who cares what album it finally was on, its TIL a true gnr song

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

Yes, he meant the album with Slash and Duff. Certainly not CD which didn't exist as a concept at the time. And because Slash had talked about not wanting to do "Stephanie Seymour ballads" it's been assumed that he meant TIL.

13 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't remember that, it's been ages since watched the Makin' videos.

Edited by Blackstar

1 minute ago, Litti said:

Who cares what album it finally was on, its TIL a true gnr song

That’s a given for me. I just think it’s crazy we almost didn’t get it.

Axl stated he didn’t want it on the album, but Finck and a producer convinced him. It wasn’t on track listings for 2000 Intentions for example or even later tracklistings of CD. 

Futhermore it wasn’t put forth as a single. Looking back TIL with a video wouldn’t have been a bad first simgle. It’s the most popular ballad on the album I think. 

12 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Yes, he meant the album with Slash and Duff. Certainly not CD which didn't exist as a concept at the time. And because Slash had talked about not wanting to do "Stephanie Seymour ballads" it's been assumed that he meant TIL.

I don't remember that, it's been ages since watched the Makin' videos.

He’s talking about how he has a new song he’s working on and it’s the heaviest thing he’s ever done and there’s some version of it playing in the background. 

Slash said that way after the Illusion tours had finished and probably after he quit. It was more about how he just wanted to Snakepit as Guns but Axl and Duff said no. I assume songs Axl and Huge worked on are the Seymour tracks Twat, Prostitute. I don’t think Axl brought anything in for Slash to work on anyway. He was working with Huge if anything. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

He’s talking about how he has a new song he’s working on and it’s the heaviest thing he’s ever done and there’s some version of it playing in the background. 

Slash said that way after the Illusion tours had finished and probably after he quit. It was more about how he just wanted to Snakepit as Guns but Axl and Duff said no. I assume songs Axl and Huge worked on are the Seymour tracks Twat, Prostitute. I don’t think Axl brought anything in for Slash to work on anyway. He was working with Huge if anything. 

Yeah, Slash said that in 1995 (after the tour but before he left) referring to the Snakepit songs disagreement in the previous year.

Axl worked with Huge at the time, but I doubt Twat and Prostitute were conceived that early. Probably during Moby's and Youth's time, in 1997-98.

1 hour ago, wasted said:

Am I the only one who would LOVE to hear the prime Axl raw version of TIL. I'd say Holy Grail.  😎

• Thanks 1