06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

Just now, TheDemocracyRose said:

Bring in Pretty tied up - Bad obsession - Out to get me - Think about you - You are crazy and so on.... Lots of great GNR songs to play.

Pretty tied up would be dope to hear. Need faster songs for the next few tracks to get everyone going again.

Bring back "Don't Let It Bring You Down", that was their most beautiful cover for me, would love to see what Slash does with it. I get they must do LALD an dKOHD for historical value and all but I could live without Black Hole Sun, Rosie, Lineman, Godfather and all that.

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Am I the only one who thinks Wichita Lineman is the best cover they've added since the tour started? It's a fine little song that everyone sounds good on, and it's the best cover vocally aside from I Feel Good, IMO.

Well I love the song and the band plays it beautifully and in addition, it fits Axl vocally.

Sad thing is, I don't think Glen Campbell and that song were ever that popular in Europe so the song kinda kills the mood in the crowd, especially in large festivals. The song would fit much better in smaller venue with more intimate atmosphere.

Also, with Blackhole Sun as well, it's been almost year since Campbell and over year since Cornell died so the tribute value for those covers has little dried by now. I guess the band just enjoys playing those songs. It's just sad that the set is so filled with covers IMO :unsure: