06/12/18 - Gelsenkirchen, Germany - Veltins Arena

downzy

4 hours ago, bangit said:

One too many covers for me in the set at the moment. Witchita has to go, boring fucking song. Adds nothing to the show. Such a shame as this band has so many awesome songs to play yet they throw in silly amounts of covers. Beginning to annoy me. 

And as I'm waiting for an oil change earlier...what comes on the store's stereo system...Witchita.

Edited by Jboogie

4 hours ago, Kelmi said:

Reasons is very simple. Who fucks up with the tempo.. of who might it be.. Frank. Drumming tempo is all over the place. It even affects Slashs guitar phrasing (look at the solo).

Im just wondering why Slash played Guns songs with his Conspirators in an much more original tempo and why does he and Duff now want this fast tempo which fucks up the song dynamics.

No. Frank’s playing on click wich is precisely synch with videos on screen. He clearly didn’t choose speeds. Also axl is faster than the rest of the band on soyl. Maybe he doent have rythm. Simple as that. Seems to be gettin trouble with that as he ages

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Have to say slash is the backbone of this tour and band.

He's everything now.

I think they would still sell a shitload of tickets if Axl were replaced. With another singer they wouldn't be restricted by Axl on what songs to playt. They would be able to play whatever the hell they wanted and the crowd would love it. Just imagine, no more CD nonsense.

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

He's everything now.

I think they would still sell a shitload of tickets if Axl were replaced. With another singer they wouldn't be restricted by Axl on what songs to playt. They would be able to play whatever the hell they wanted and the crowd would love it. Just imagine, no more CD nonsense.

They'd sell less tickets than Velvet Revolver did in their prime. Who would pay good money to see GnR without Axl? Unless somehow you can resurrect Freddie Mercury?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I think they would still sell a shitload of tickets if Axl was replaced. With another singer they wouldn't be restricted by Axl on what songs to playt. They would be able to play whatever the hell they wanted and the crowd would love it. Just imagine, no more CD nonsense.

Maybe Slash will play Locomotive and Don't Damn Me with Myles in their upcoming tour. But wait, why he didn't play any of these songs (or Coma) with Myles or any other singer all these years? They would have been too easy for them to sing, right?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

I would take the line up that performed at the Hall Of Fame show in an arena or theater over this.. I have said that since the Troubador line-up was announced and I am not a huge Myles fan.  Not as Guns N' Roses though. It isn't Gn'R without Axl just as it wasn't without Slash. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would take the line up that performed at the Hall Of Fame show in an arena or theater over this.. I have said that since the Troubador line-up was announced and I am not a huge Myles fan.  Not as Guns N' Roses though. It isn't Gn'R without Axl just as it wasn't without Slash. 

The original 4+ new singer would be great. It would be way better than what we are seeing now

28 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

He's everything now.

They certainly would not have the success they are currently having or playing stadiums without Axl, just as Axl wasn't without Slash. Axl and Slash are Guns N Roses In most peoples minds, that's just a fact. No one would take the band serious as being Guns N Roses without Axl, period. 

2 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

the struggle is real :wacko:

Literally witnesses the struggle that Axl wants to rasp more some of these songs but it either hurts or is not quite coming...
He really seems to want to...So clean voice isn't so much a stylistic choice, it's a preserve my voice ploy, I guess?

Edited by colonizedmind

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Is it finally time to let Duff and Melissa sing lead and reduce Axl to drunkenly playing the tambourine and wobbly piano?

LOL. It's getting to that point. The best vocal performances at these shows is by the bassist. Something is seriously wrong with that.

• Like 1

This CAN and hopefully WILL get good but Axl seems to have gotten worse on the timing...only the end 3rd is in time...
He is rushing it cause either he doesn't want to do the sustains at the end of some of the notes or is scared he's gonna

get behind, so it's forcing him to go too fast...
Either way, hopefully we get a really good one by the end of the tour...he needs to plug his earphones in and listening

to it on his ipod and practise his fucking timing ! 

4 minutes ago, wasteofammo said:

2001 hob lineup blows this bs away. 

No, it doesn't lol.

People forget how much that band was ridiculed. Outright REJECTED from the start. It was a fuckin circus. 3 guitarists playing Slash's parts. So unnecessary and stupid.

Edited by SWINGTRADER

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

This CAN and hopefully WILL get good but Axl seems to have gotten worse on the timing.

Let me know if it get's good.....  3 attempts should have been enough to figure it out.. Then again.. The whistle....

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

This CAN and hopefully WILL get good but Axl seems to have gotten worse on the timing...only the end 3rd is in time...
He is rushing it cause either he doesn't want to do the sustains at the end of some of the notes or is scared he's gonna

Either way, hopefully we get a really good one by the end of the tour...he needs to plug his earphones in and listening

fuck Axl, you only have one job! Learn the damn song

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Well timing wasn't so bad after all. I think this is a really hard to sing song, like Garden Of Eden, too many verses, way too fast.

• Like 2