Our Interview with Paul Elliott (Author of GNR Book Life and Times of a Rock N' Roll Band)

5 minutes ago, Underhardy said:

So Univsersal is remastering Appetite. Can you share any off camera details about that! 

I cant listen to the interview right now and I'll probably not be able to do so in the next days but... Does this guy has any credibility to confirm this?
I've been looking for a official AFD reissue, remastered and with extra material or not for quite some time.

I don't agree with the "what are they going to sing about, they have all the money in the world" thing. If that was true, then how do you explain UYI? they were essentially set for money, and were spoiled rockstars... 30 years later, nothings changed. 

I don't see Guns releasing a song for a movie, and that being the only material we get from this line up. I could definitely see Guns being approached for something like that and that being the catalyst for getting them to work on something though. But who knows!? I don't know what their current deal is with Universal and I don't know the common mindset within the band regarding albums or just singles.... or if they want new music or not.

Personally, I expect a record from this band... but soon is not the word. 

On 3/21/2018 at 6:34 PM, Tom2112 said:

I don't agree with the "what are they going to sing about, they have all the money in the world" thing. If that was true, then how do you explain UYI? they were essentially set for money, and were spoiled rockstars... 30 years later, nothings changed. 

I don't see Guns releasing a song for a movie, and that being the only material we get from this line up. I could definitely see Guns being approached for something like that and that being the catalyst for getting them to work on something though. But who knows!? I don't know what their current deal is with Universal and I don't know the common mindset within the band regarding albums or just singles.... or if they want new music or not.

Personally, I expect a record from this band... but soon is not the word. 

to be fair a lot of the songs on illusions records were written around the time of appetite or before. 

6 hours ago, sidman69 said:

to be fair a lot of the songs on illusions records were written around the time of appetite or before. 

That's true there are a good few songs that date back to pre-AFD. But still plenty of songs like right next door to hell written specifically for UYI, that have a lot of attitude and venom. 

On 3/24/2018 at 3:19 AM, Tom2112 said:

That's true there are a good few songs that date back to pre-AFD. But still plenty of songs like right next door to hell written specifically for UYI, that have a lot of attitude and venom. 

Great interview! I’ve ordered the book and George  Chin’s 1995 photobook.I’ve been following the GNR central interviews for the past month, my favourite was Sean Beavan. I’m halfway through Teddy’s. Have been following the band since 88, but only got to see them from 2002. Download will be my 18th GNR gig. I agree that Appetite is the best, but contrary to most views Chinese D is an overlooked gem, imo. Criticism of overproduction really, GNR are balls out not Radiohead (which are another favourite of mine). What  bad songs are on CD?

8 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Nice. I hope you confronted him with slash and duffs quotes, how he was responsible for the division of the old band

one thing i've learned from doing a lot of interviews, talking off the record with a lot of people that nobody's stories line up or match. Everybody has their own version of events.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sidman69 said:

Thanks! We interviewed Doug Goldstein for over 3 hours on the weekend. We'll be posting it on wednesday morning! Doug even shed a few tears during our interview. Some really good stories he had. 

Oh this should be good...:lol::facepalm:

On ‎27‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:19 AM, RONIN said:

Agree, im sure when doug looks back on GNR he would say to borrow the line from a frank Sinatra song, regrets ive had a few.

The only positive is that the band members know where they went wrong in their relationship and partly caused by dougs management style. 

• Like 1

On 26.3.2018 at 4:40 PM, sidman69 said:

Thanks! We interviewed Doug Goldstein for over 3 hours on the weekend. We'll be posting it on wednesday morning! Doug even shed a few tears during our interview. Some really good stories he had. 

On 27.3.2018 at 1:19 AM, RONIN said:

LMAO!!! :lol: I couldn’t be any more curious about that interview, honestly. Also, I’m already laughing about Dougie. Yep, I might be biased. 

:rofl-lol:

• Haha 1