Melissa's musical equipment at concerts

My favourite instrument of hers is her voice.  I know its a cliche to say 'the voice is an instrument' but for my money thats where she serves Guns best.  I hope the high sugar intake never catches up with her in the vocal department.

I wouldnt be at all surprised if on this leg she and Akai release a Reese signature model, based off the multi-tool she was endorsing in that video last year.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, soon said:

My favourite instrument of hers is her voice.

I honestly think this is a big part of why she's there

If we think about her backing vocals on the PC intro alone, it makes a big difference

Imagine how PC would sound without her. It's the final song, the world is focusing on it, and Axl is knackered from a 2 or 3 hour show. The Mickeying would be so obvious on this most iconic of GnR songs, it would be an embarasssment every night

But with her contribution, the intro choruses with her harmonies sound stronger, and give Axl more confidence as he feels less 'naked' vocally. I think he needs her there, and she does the job well.

People moaning about her presence should get over it. There's a girl in the band, so what.

It's what Axl wants, and the others are cool with it. That's all there is to it really. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

I honestly think this is a big part of why she's there

If we think about her backing vocals on the PC intro alone, it makes a big difference

Imagine how PC would sound without her. It's the final song, the world is focusing on it, and Axl is knackered from a 2 or 3 hour show. The Mickeying would be so obvious on this most iconic of GnR songs, it would be an embarasssment every night

But with her contribution, the intro choruses with her harmonies sound stronger, and give Axl more confidence as he feels less 'naked' vocally. I think he needs her there, and she does the job well.

People moaning about her presence should get over it. There's a girl in the band, so what.

It's what Axl wants, and the others are cool with it. That's all there is to it really. 

She sounds great on Chinese Democracy, Sorry (when you can hear her), and November Rain too.

• Like 1

I've been wondering, since they've been doing that new intro for Better on the NITL tour, it sounds like the guitars at the beginning are sort of gradually filtered in, is that a filter controlled by Melissa, or is it some pedal activated by Slash, or what?

Just now, moreblack said:

On the soundboards and webstreams you can hear a lot of what she does if you listen. More on some songs than others. Usually mostly on the CD stuff, not so much on the AFD songs. Lots of backing vocals as well.

Right, a lot of it is meant to be just additive and not right up front like a guitar player playing a solo or something, more just little things that add to the sonic whole.

Necessary or not, I don't mind her additions or her being there.  I actually really dig her backing vocals for CD especially, it works well

10 hours ago, Derick said:

D342_CF5_C_A875_44_B1_AD19_632566_A44988

467_CBFD1_DD25_42_F6_8_D51_877_B14103_E5

When you thoroughly explain something that should be obvious and heard right away, you know that she is there more for image and less for music.

I repeat, Mellissa as Mellissa really seems like a nice and talented girl. But she belongs to different period and point of life.

58 minutes ago, Slaveleft said:

When you thoroughly explain something that should be obvious and heard right away, you know that she is there more for image and less for music.

I repeat, Mellissa as Mellissa really seems like a nice and talented girl. But she belongs to different period and point of life.

I don't know,this “should be obvius” think it’s too vage.. a lot people don't percept the bass lines either..A lot people thinks that the rhythm guitar is there just for “image” too..A lot people just focus themselves on the lead guitar, vocals and drums and they don’t give a fuck to the rest of the band..IMO, that’s much more about interest..In my case, for exemple, I can percept( and enjoy) her work all over the show..There’s a lot of her on Illusions and CD tracks.