STEVEN ADLER: "Izzy is just as heartbroken as I am that the three of them decided to leave us out and bring three strangers in–who are those people?"

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

Duff especially but also Slash and Rose have turned into moral prigs pertaining to the Adler scenario and like most prigs

How the heck does everyone know all of this stuff though -like I must have been the only one on this forum not able to hear all the behind the scenes convos of everything to know exactly what is going on.  Should I buy a secret recorder and sneak it into Slash's tophat?

16 minutes ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

The way you tell the story is a complete fabrication. Steven was an admitted alcoholic back then so he went to the tour and did what he would do every day at that point, get drunk and give stellar performances on drums. He didn't screw that tour at all, he played every show, showed up in time and there's never been a single report of him giving an erratic performance or even screwing one single song. If Duff was upset about Steven drinking, that is HIS problem since it was obvious. You can't expect an alcoholic to stay away from booze just because you invite him to open some shows for you.

After that, though, Steven canceled a tour to get treatment for his drinking issue and has been sober for years now.

Have there been any reports of incident with Steven during the NITL tour? No. Zero. So the idea that Steven ain't playing more because he's unreliable is another lie made up by silly haters. Steven himself told he was offered to go to the Asia/Australia/NZ tour to play at ONE show and declined the offer. The band wanted to keep having him whenever they wanted in those ridiculously small doses, he decided it wasn't enough for him and the band didn't give a shit and moved on without him.

I tell it the way he repeated it. He was doing one of his interviews where he whines about how mean everyone is to him for no good reason and he went on about how Slash won't return his calls and Duff's mad at him because he was stressed about the Loaded tour so he went off on a bender and now Duff is being judgmental. And what I take from that, is that a guy who a 30 some year history of drug addiction/alcoholism not being able to handle a small tour without going off on a bender, might not be the guy to have a 2 plus year stadium world tour relying on. Bottom line is he's not worth the risk.  

15 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Duff especially but also Slash and Rose have turned into moral prigs pertaining to the Adler scenario and like most prigs, priggishness masks the face of a hypocrite: McKagan's pancreas was like Hiroshima; Slash was running around Hawaii, as naked as the day he was born, as he was being chased by ''little devils''; Rose is the most unreliable man in rock and has derailed multiple tours and caused more litigation than the OJ Simpson trial. 

Maybe they should change their lyrics? 'Thou shall not be on the Nightrain''. ''Back off (that woman who should have equal dignity with men)''. 

Either that or they grew up, which is something Adler never seemed to do. 

1 hour ago, Modano09 said:

It's just a bit of a coincidence that he hasn't played with GNR since the time he either screwed up or tried to force them to let him play more. And then went on the radio complaining about it.

Again. Stop talking out your ass and making shit up. The timeline is pretty clear. After Argentina he refused flying halfway across the world (or anywhere for that matter) to only play one measly song. No coincidence about it.

The issue is not what's happened in the past or who did what.

The issues are Steven making inconsistent statements opposite to ones he has made in the past.

Yes he can say what he like's, but Steven is not doing himself any favors as what he states needs to be taken with a grain of salt due to inconsistencies and taking it apon himself to speak on behalf of Izzy.

I don't blame him as it's a bi product of his addiction and health issue's as he is not thinking before he makes statements. 

While people on this forum debate his statements, the GNR camp will be getting on with business and life.

Steven has stated he was happy playing the shows he did and at peace.

Steven needs to close that chapter and concentrate on his thing and move forward in life.

Edited by kiwiguns

24 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

I tell it the way he repeated it. He was doing one of his interviews where he whines about how mean everyone is to him for no good reason and he went on about how Slash won't return his calls and Duff's mad at him because he was stressed about the Loaded tour so he went off on a bender and now Duff is being judgmental. And what I take from that, is that a guy who a 30 some year history of drug addiction/alcoholism not being able to handle a small tour without going off on a bender, might not be the guy to have a 2 plus year stadium world tour relying on. Bottom line is he's not worth the risk.  

Either that or they grew up, which is something Adler never seemed to do. 

Oh noes he drank outside the showtimes..while playing the songs great during the show. What are we gonna do now that Master Duff disapproved of what Steven did in the off time during the tour?

It is totally irrelevant. Even more so now that he's no longer drinking anyway. This Loaded tour is a total fallacy argument since it didn't affect anything other than Duffs opinion of it being negative since Duffs been clean since 2004-2005 so he's of course not down with that kind of stuff.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

9 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

As we've pointed out before, said risk is not existant with Ferrer around, who could step in, should Adler become a problem.

Yes, I know, I heard all the possible safety nets and back up plans they could have had in place instead of just going with a drummer they know is reliable. 

19 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Oh noes he drank outside the showtimes..while playing the songs great during the show. What are we gonna do now that Master Duff disapproved of what Steven did in the off time during the tour?

It is totally irrelevant. Even more so now that he's no longer drinking anyway. This Loaded tour is a total fallacy argument since it didn't affect anything other than Duffs opinion of it being negative since Duffs been clean since 2004-2005 so he's of course not down with that kind of stuff.

You seriously don't get why an addict drinking could be a problem? 

1 hour ago, kiwiguns said:

The issue is not what's happened in the past or who did what.

The issues are Steven making inconsistent statements opposite to ones he has made in the past.

What's more inconsistent than saying Not In This Lifetime and then doing it? :lol:

23 minutes ago, killuridols said:

What's more inconsistent than saying Not In This Lifetime and then doing it? :lol:

Sorry but This statement still is valid...Look what the paparazzo asked to him..And them compare with the title of this thread 😉

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

No, that's bullshit made up by you (like the whole Loaded tour bullshit that you've repeated at least 100 times).

Argentina was when he showed up a day before the first show, stayed in the same hotel as the rest of the band, went to the soundcheck with all of them (except for a certain member who never shows up) and a few minutes before the show, Axl saw him and said "what the fuck is he doing here?" showing he lives in his own world and has no idea what's going on with his own band. Other than him, everyone knew Steven was there since they were all with him.

CwcpDWMXUAArz73.jpg

Picture from Meegan of Steven doing the soundcheck "the wrong day".

Picture from Susan from the nigth Steven "wasn't supposed to be there".

Everyone was clearly pissed off and upset at Steven for being there. Everyone, not just some guy with control issues... :rolleyes:

SHOULD be impossible but this is the most fucked up band ever. Let's not forget the very same thing happened to Slash when he tried to see a show in Las Vegas (then they claimed he showed up guitar in hand, blah blah blah). And let's not forget many """GNR fans""" were ok with this and thought it was the right thing to do and that Slash was a mediocre asshole who shouldn't be anywhere remotely close to GNR :jerkoff:

I couldn't tell you with words how disappointed I felt that day when Steven left the stage after playing only ONE SONG. I wasn't even expecting this stupid band to play the entire Appetite with the only drummer they have who actually knows the songs, I was just expecting them to give me the TWO songs that they had been playing with him before. It was the easiest thing in the world and still they failed to deliver. Intentionally. It was the ultimate demonstration that they don't give a shit about their fans.

Whats with all the sense youre talking, it’s kinda freaking me out! 

You can’t just go around telling the truth and backing it up with quotes around here!!! 😂 

Begone foul “real news” demon. I cast you out in the name of Izzy. 

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Maybe they should change their lyrics? 'Thou shall not be on the Nightrain''. ''Back off (that woman who should have equal dignity with men)''. 

I get up around seven, Go to yoga about nine.

Head to the gym around 11, sippping green tea and feeling fine.

We’ve been Jogging with, Sensei Benny. He ain’t rockin, motherfucker, motherfucker won’t let me get stoned. 

I used to jog a little, but the little wouldn’t do it, so I started to jog more and more.

Just kept trying to jog a little further, a little further than before. 

I used to Kick box a little, but the little wouldn’t do it, so I started to kick box more and more.

Just kept trying to get my foot a little higher, a little higher than before.

We’ve been sober, for far too long now, we can’t remember, motherfucker motherfucker it’s ok to get stoned.

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

Whats with all the sense youre talking, it’s kinda freaking me out! 

You can’t just go around telling the truth and backing it up with quotes around here!!! 😂 

Begone foul “real news” demon. I cast you out in the name of Izzy. 

The story about Adler showing up the wrong night was told by Adler himself. Either he wasn't supposed to be there or he was but wasn't playing. Either way, he wanted to play a night he wasn't supposed to be playing so they let him play 1 song both nights instead of 2 songs 1 night. Adler told that story when he was whining about it afterwards. I don't see how I'm making up stories that Adler himself told. And that's pretty typical of Adler. He decides he wants more than they're offering him, whines about it, doesn't get it, whines about not getting it. 

Edited by Modano09
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

The story about Adler showing up the wrong night was told by Adler himself. Either he wasn't supposed to be there or he was but wasn't playing. Either way, he wanted to play a night he wasn't supposed to be playing so they let him play 1 song both nights instead of 2 songs 1 night. Adler told that story when he was whining about it afterwards. I don't see how I'm making up stories that Adler himself told. And that's pretty typical of Adler. He decides he wants more than they're offering him, whines about it, doesn't get it, whines about not getting it. 

No matter what happened behind scenes, the audience in Argentina celebrated and chanted Adler like he deserved it and that's what matters.

I'm sure the 3 assholes didn't like hearing all the "Olé olé olé olé, Steven, Steven" but I'm glad we screamed our lungs out to let them know how we felt about it.

No one can take that away from the fans and Adler himself :hahafyou:

:headbang:

• Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No matter what happened behind scenes, the audience in Argentina celebrated and chanted Adler like he deserved it and that's what matters.

I'm sure the 3 assholes didn't like hearing all the "Olé olé olé olé, Steven, Steven" but I'm glad we screamed our lungs out to let them know how we felt about it.

No one can take that away from the fans and Adler himself :hahafyou:

:headbang:

They announced a guest and the crowd applauded. That's not exactly tearing the place down out of love for Steven Adler. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

They announced a guest and the crowd applauded. That's not exactly tearing the place down out of love for Steven Adler. 

Absolute bollocks (and you know it). 

They were applauding because of Adler and that they were about to see 4/5ths of Guns N' Roses. 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Absolute bollocks (and you know it). 

They were applauding because of Adler and that they were about to see 4/5ths of Guns N' Roses. 

And if he wasn't there they wouldn't have cared he wasn't there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

And if he wasn't there they wouldn't have cared he wasn't there. 

It is rather like a lessening of your expectations of quality based on the present that is confronting you as no other alternative exists. That Lambert/Queen thing has been hugely successful - and enjoyable - but people know in their heart it is sort of shite without Mercury. But that is the only alternative that is confronting them, the closest one can get to Queen. A few beers in your gizzard, a few of the chantier sort of songs like ''We Will Rock You'', and you can get carried along.

People want to just pretend for 2-3 hours they are seeing something great and bona fide and enjoy the present, but you know deep down you are lessening your quality threshold. People did this more so with Nugnr - heck, I did it. There are even people willing to pay for holograms of deceased acts!

People want to believe there is a Guns N' Roses that is genuine and operating somewhere near its best.

It is human nature.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Sad 1