Guns N’ Roses to play in Iceland on July 24th

15 minutes ago, Gavin82 said:

Anyone looking too stay in Reykjavik for a few days look up 

Galaxy Pod Hostel its a great place &  very very cheap or is normally 

http://www.galaxypodhostel.is/

& for flights it eithet LTN or LGW with EJet 

Sounds a great place as you say, but Capital Inn on edge of city (on way from airport) or HI Hostel in centre much cheaper, and also nice and good places. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sydney Fan said:

If slash is expecting to tour to 2020, id like to know when the NITL tour is going to be finishing. It cant keep going to the end of the year if slash is to start touring majorly from say September onwards...logistically it cant work. Unless Guns tour and SKMC will be support.....will be interesting to gauage Axls thoughts on SKMC's new songs.

I hope for the european fans they change the setlist abit.

Can you tell me why Slash should be the opening act for his own band?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AxlIsGod. said:

Holy Sh!t seetickets showing gold circle at double the price of GA, almost £300/$400!! Most expensive EU date?

https://www.seetickets.com/event/guns-n-roses/laugardalsv-llur/1216990

One section of seating is more, almost 50k.

Prices are out of control. How the hell are people rich enough to pay this?! 

I can't imagine ever being able to buy a ticket at those prices. 

& for those who thought Oslo was going too be expensive wait till you get too Reykjavik...!!!! 

I understand they have too ship there kit back home anyway but going via Iceland is probably no biggy anyway as they leaving from Sweden so too do 1 show on way home it makes sense too me

Other than Axl’s mid/late 90s “Wilderness Years”- these guys have been touring the same cities (and venues/hotels in many cases) for 30 years. Probably pretty pumped to actually play somewhere “new n’ different”. Should be a cool show. Congrats to Icelandic fans! 🇮🇸 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

& for those who thought Oslo was going too be expensive wait till you get too Reykjavik...!!!! 

I understand they have too ship there kit back home anyway but going via Iceland is probably no biggy anyway as they leaving from Sweden so too do 1 show on way home it makes sense too me

Lol, yeah, there isn't really any way you can justify those prices - twice the price of London! 

That is just greedy. 

• Like 1

Had a nice time in Reykjavik on my way back from the Montreal show last August. Funnily enough a coworker and I were talking about Reykjavik the other day because he’d just gone there for an EVE Online meetup.

I was thinking of going back when SMKC played there in 2015; hope everyone who goes to this show has a good time :) 

Edited by Amir

6 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Lol, yeah, there isn't really any way you can justify those prices - twice the price of London! 

That is just greedy. 

Iceland is about double UK prices generally. Still get 3 times as many tourists as population. I was there in January. Wrote an article about it for TravelThruHistory website: http://www.travelthruhistory.com/html/exotic120.html

Olsmidjan bar in Reykjavik centre is a cool rock bar with prices half the normal for Gull lager, which is nice. You can also apparently get an app that gives half price elsewhere.

• Like 1

On 24.4.2018 at 7:23 PM, ramsey said:

They will likely couple this announcement with the new leg they'll do after Europe. Anyone on this forum convincing people that euro is their LAST leg is a box of rocks 

I'm afraid the box of rocks is you. They do this gig on their way back home. Then Slash will ready his conspirators stuff and not be available for GNR for a while.

The Nightrain presale has started for those interested. No Golden Circle - It's all GA for the floor and then split up to zone A and B on the day of the concert. Zone A (usually GC) will be first come, first serve.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mustaine said:

The Nightrain presale has started for those interested. No Golden Circle - It's all GA for the floor and then split up to zone A and B on the day of the concert. Zone A (usually GC) will be first come, first serve.

I saw a site listing golden circle tickets for sale, so presumably there are three sections. 

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I saw a site listing golden circle tickets for sale, so presumably there are three sections. 

Initially they had GC in there but for some reason changed it today when tickets went on sale. You can check the Facebook page of the promoter @showiceland and see the layout.

There are four zones:

GA (standing) - 18.900 ISK

Seats in boxes D,C, B, A, R, S, T: 29.900 ISK

Seats in boxes G, F, E, N, O, P: 39.900 ISK

Seats in boxes H, L, M: 49.900 ISK

2 hours ago, mustaine said:

When you log into your account at gunsnroses.com, your code is there. Each code can only be used once per show.

2 hours ago, mustaine said:

When you log into your account at gunsnroses.com, your code is there. Each code can only be used once per show.

OK,thank you.Tickets booked

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mustaine said:

A little update.... The promoters had a presale today. 5000 tickets were available and sold out in about two hours.

They should play a whole residency in Iceland, because one concert is definitely not enough

Edited by Sosso