Rocket Queen 2010 (Pro-shot)

Pretty cool to watch. Obviously it's disappointing that there is no proshot from 2010, but it sounds as if someone would need to clean that audio up to remove hissing etc so that it'd actually be listenable throughout. I honestly think Philly 2012 surpasses quite a lot of 2010's performances, I'd rather listen to Rocket Queen from that show than this.

Obviously I wouldn't be complaining if we had it for download, just trying to convince myself there's better out there seen as we won't be getting it anytime soon :lol:

Also, there's this. If you go onto the fellas page, he's got a few snippets of Better. Don't fancy posting them due to their unfortunate titles.

Edited by Dean

On 2018-05-13 at 1:11 AM, Gordon Comstock said:

Rocket Queen from San Juan 2010 has been shared, until a mod says otherwise I assume it's ok to post it here:

[LINK REMOVED}

Axl sounds good but there's a weird effect on his vocals. Like a phaser or something, similar to the album version.

I'm sure this will quickly devolve into people bashing nugnr vs people who like this era, but I'm stoked about this and hope the full show is posted soon.

credit to 'GNS' at GNFNR for the link.

Thank you, very cool!

5 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Rocket Queen from San Juan 2010

I'm sure this will quickly devolve into people bashing nugnr vs people who like this era, but I'm stoked about this and hope the full show is posted soon.

Me too! Thanks.

• Like 1

Also, I think that Ashba was totally listenable in the 2009 - 2010 period. He wasn't acting like a douchebag, and he wasn't butchering the solos either. I don't know what happened, but from 2011 onwards he ruined it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dean said:

Pretty cool to watch. Obviously it's disappointing that there is no proshot from 2010, but it sounds as if someone would need to clean that audio up to remove hissing etc so that it'd actually be listenable throughout. I honestly think Philly 2012 surpasses quite a lot of 2010's performances, I'd rather listen to Rocket Queen from that show than this.

Obviously I wouldn't be complaining if we had it for download, just trying to convince myself there's better out there seen as we won't be getting it anytime soon :lol:

honestly, probably my fav GN'R show from that time. Mostly because of the setlist and the KILLER renditions of Civil War, Street of Dreams and basically any given song of that night. 

• GNFNR 1

1 hour ago, smoking guns said:

It isn’t playing properly for me. Don’t know why. 

None of the clips that have been posted of this show over the years play properly over my Galaxy. If you want to assuage that issue and be able to hear it, watch it on your TV through Playstation or whateverthefuck or on your computer. 

Been a while since I've seen Ashba in a thumbnail ....:wow:
What's going on ??? Haha, is this the NU-GNR only fans retort to the '93 outing we had last night? :slash:
Very strange that this would follow...
The value of stuff like this has plummeted since the recent year developments, perhaps it's a last gasp effort to grasp SOME monies for it,

by shopping it with a tease...Since others bought Saskatoon! 
The video is pro shot but seems to have some weird heat haze effect over it...It's definitely pro shot audio at the least

and perhaps just a heavily compressed video for now, as it's strangely blurry, hmmm...also it will have been re-encoded to

produce this clip (so quality diminished) 
Still, it would be fantastic to have a full 2010 show (or even 2009) as those where truly fantastic times for Axl's voice !
HAVE THE FLOOD GATES OPENED....
if so, let's get the remix of CD finally put out (we know it's mostly out there) also Paris tapes, 2 other soundboards from 2010,

unreleased tracks hoarded and oh, that little documentary called "Perfect Crime" ...
I know two people that have sat and watched it at Vicky Hamiltons house...

Edited by colonizedmind

7 minutes ago, killuridols said:

It's TB testing the waters..... what do fans prefer? Old line up or NuGuns? :awesomeface:

Doubt it's TB, but honestly I'd prefer a 2010 pro-shot over another UYI tour pro-shot. We have a few of those already, but plenty of the 2010 shows were exactly what you'd expect from an older Axl Rose, if you were to watch the UYI bootlegs and then skip ahead to 2010 it would just be an older version of the same guy with that great voice. So I'm more interested in that, as 2010 was the first time I saw them, and it'd be interesting to get more from that era than just 4 songs at a festival in real pro-shot quality.  Nugnr gets some undeserved shit, and some shit they do deserve, but Axl had a fire for most of 2010 that was different from the other 2000's line-ups/tours.

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Doubt it's TB, but honestly I'd prefer a 2010 pro-shot over another UYI tour pro-shot. We have a few of those already, but plenty of the 2010 shows were exactly what you'd expect from an older Axl Rose, if you were to watch the UYI bootlegs and then skip ahead to 2010 it would just be an older version of the same guy with that great voice. So I'm more interested in that, as 2010 was the first time I saw them, and it'd be interesting to get more from that era than just 4 songs at a festival in real pro-shot quality.  Nugnr gets some undeserved shit, and some shit they do deserve, but Axl had a fire for most of 2010 that was different from the other 2000's line-ups/tours.

I agree that the 2010 Axl Rose voice/performance is the best of older Axl  that one could get (maybe along with 2006 Axl too), but then you'd have fans being shocked at how all those other guys around him ARE NOT Guns N' Roses and people would be disappointed once again.

Most fans who are happy with the Saskatoon show liked the whole band, not just Axl. Of course, Axl stands out and he is amazing, but that tour was awesome because the band was being just the band, no firecracks, not three guitarists, no one wearing make up and shit like that.

So, while I do admit that Axl was really good, I'm not sure I want to see him with the hacks now. After seeing him back with Slash & Duff, I can't unsee it anymore. Axl next to Ashba looks ridiculous to me. Ashba is pure cringe and I had not realized how much cringed Ashba was until I pushed play on this video.

As much as I'd love for Axl to have the 2010 voice and energy, I prefer to see him playing with original GNR (or half of it) than with the hired hands.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I agree that the 2010 Axl Rose voice/performance is the best of older Axl  that one could get (maybe along with 2006 Axl too), but then you'd have fans being shocked at how all those other guys around him ARE NOT Guns N' Roses and people would be disappointed once again.

Most fans who are happy with the Saskatoon show liked the whole band, not just Axl. Of course, Axl stands out and he is amazing, but that tour was awesome because the band was being just the band, no firecracks, not three guitarists, no one wearing make up and shit like that.

So, while I do admit that Axl was really good, I'm not sure I want to see him with the hacks now. After seeing him back with Slash & Duff, I can't unsee it anymore. Axl next to Ashba looks ridiculous to me. Ashba is pure cringe and I had not realized how much cringed Ashba was until I pushed play on this video.

As much as I'd love for Axl to have the 2010 voice and energy, I prefer to see him playing with original GNR (or half of it) than with the hired hands.

I have never had a problem with the band name, I can appreciate the nugnr line-ups for what they were, rather than what they weren't. I know the 2010 line-up never released music and barely played on the music they performed live, but a good show is a good show. I don't expect it to compare to the UYI shows, because how could it? It's like when people post videos of Slash's band playing GNR songs - yea, they'd be better if AFD/UYI/NITL line-ups were playing them... but credit where it's due. The 2010 shows were some of the best post-1993 for Axl and the band.

Edited by Gordon Comstock