Guns N' Roses-Saskatoon,Canada 03/26/1993 *NEW THREAD*

1 minute ago, Ninjapie24 said:

Thank god I was able to get an mp3 version before they all started getting taken down. I’m not sure if the Facebook GNR bootlegs had theirs taken down (that’s where I gotta mp3). I hope not so other people could get this amazing concert 

can't you guys just dispute the strike and get it overturned? The person who files the complaint has a responsibility to provide proof they own the copyrighted material. If it was in fact Warchild they cannot prove they own the content. 

1 minute ago, sidman69 said:

can't you guys just dispute the strike and get it overturned? The person who files the complaint has a responsibility to provide proof they own the copyrighted material. If it was in fact Warchild they cannot prove they own the content. 

You would think so, but in my experience it seems Youtube tends to err on the side of caution, e.g. they rather take down one too many than one too few.

1 hour ago, AFDRR said:

I got 2 YT channels taken down. The strikes I got (for non-gnr stuff) were from copyright owners always. I always got an email telling me who claimed the rights and never it was "some random guy". Maybe everyone can complain or whatever (because of tits blabla) but getting a strike needs copyright violation I think.

For the golden gods show, the claim was sent by WebSheriff, it happened more or less at the same time when Axl asked to remove his memes from google (apparently some people received a claim from "WebSheriff in the name of Axl Rose").

It would be funny if someone uploaded it to the Nightrain forum.

Edited by fanfzero

3 minutes ago, fanfzero said:

For the golden gods show, the claim was sent by WebSheriff, it happened more or less at the same time when Axl asked to remove his memes from google (apparently some people received a claim from "WebSheriff in the name of Axl Rose").

There has been Zero mention of these videos at Nightrain 😉

1 minute ago, Waemoth said:

Well enough people definitely got it before stuff was taken down to make it virtually impossible to actually get it off the interenet. I've got FLAC, MP3 and MKV.

That's it, once it gets shared it's impossible to completely remove it. For example, if you search for the fat Axl meme it's still there even though Axl requested to remove it

1 minute ago, fanfzero said:

I'm sorry but I don't know who WebSheriff is. Was that the name YT sent you who claimed the copyright?

Anyway, I uploaded the first 6 songs of the gig 3 hours ago - nothing happened (no bot copyright stuff was found, no strike, nothing. I even can monitze the thing if I want). November Rain I also uploaded because someone here said copyrighted stuff got detected - well, same here as you see.

oqM36cN.jpg

Other than that nothing happened so far. So I'm sure this is all done manually and whoever is in charge is reading here. Will think about a (real) private tracker or some other option for the next weeks because this is shit...

8 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You would think so, but in my experience it seems Youtube tends to err on the side of caution, e.g. they rather take down one too many than one too few.

yeah in my experience they had 10 days or so to prove they had the copyright to it and they couldn't prove it since it was a commentary video so the strike got removed.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The copyright is ultimately Guns N' Roses's. It does not matter who owned the original recording, the intellectual property is the band's.

That's why I wouldn't risk disputing the claim. 

Anyone heard of the tracker IPT?

The problem is i can't invite everybody, if someone that got an invitation from me is banned(after many ratio warnings) i'll get banned too.

Any other solutions?

Pirate bay?

Just now, fanfzero said:

That's why I wouldn't risk disputing the claim. 

Picture the email,

(You) ''This is mine. Stop deleting the thing.''

(Axl) ''In actual fact I think you'll find....''. 

PS

Further on the mysterious person, what I remember is somebody called Uzi Suicide Ltd (or some other acronym) was deleting a lot of stuff on youtube and people speculated on Uzi Suicide being ''warchild''.

• Like 4

I think with slash and duff on board now, we are more likely to see old stuff being made more available. The appetite remaster and demos being an example...not sure if this would have been released if new GNR were still touring.

The other awkward reason could be royalties and it needing to be signed off by gilby/Izzy/Matt if they were to release another show. Unsure but there maybe some image rights or something.

Another reason  could be they are promoting the big 3 right now for the tour, so why would they release a "better" show, and something that doesn't depict the current lineup which they are trying to sell.

I think they had enough hassle with the Vegas DVD also.

Edited by Axl_morris
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I still find it simply stunning that this band just refuses to sell music to their fans. 

I'm not saying that every user who downloaded or watched this show would've paid $20 for a DVD or digital copy. I mean, piracy is always going to exist in some form, right? However, MANY fans would've paid for this or any number of things if GNR had only decided to sell it to them. 

Yes, I get that there's a LOT of money I'm concert tickets, VIP packages and of course merchandise but come on. There's little to no work to be done in order to make these old shows available for purchase to fans. 

And if you absolutely refuse to let them buy it, why not let them at least enjoy it??

They might reckon that they will earn more from a future Use Your Illusion boxset if they haven't sold any 1990s live shows previously.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

They might reckon that they will earn more from a future Use Your Illusion boxset if they haven't sold any 1990s live shows previously.

Ah yes, similar to what they're doing with the AFD set? :lol:

Since the original thread is deleated I cannot verify on my own. Hence my question:

Where has this bootleg popped up first? Did someone see in a store in Japan or a japanese website or ebay without knowing what it is? 

Who was the lucky first one of us who saw it and found out what gem we stumbled across? :-)

2 minutes ago, zigzagbigbag said:

Since the original thread is deleated I cannot verify on my own. Hence my question:

Where has this bootleg popped up first? Did someone see in a store in Japan or a japanese website or ebay without knowing what it is? 

Who was the lucky first one of us who saw it and found out what gem we stumbled across? :-)

Think a reputable Japanese twitter account posted about it, and that it eventually was released on Ebay.

• Like 1