Are you a nostalgic person?

RONIN

I never thought you were an English Lord.

British nationalist? It's possible judging you by your post history.

Female impostor? Who knows?!

One of the cast members of Geordie Shore? After what Len said... it's plausible.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, EvanG said:

For the longest time I thought Daisy was female because of the name and some dubious posts he made (in the women thread). I'm still not sure, but then again... I don't know anyone here in real life, I'm sure there are some catfish on this forum like anywhere else on the internet.

:lol: I know a bunch of catfish on this forum! :ph34r:

I never saw Daisy at the WT, though..... is that even possible?
He hates us all in that thread!

3 minutes ago, killuridols said:

:lol: I know a bunch of catfish on this forum! :ph34r:

I never saw Daisy at the WT, though..... is that even possible?
He hates us all in that thread!

I'm pretty sure he posted in there...

I know for a fact that he posted semi-erotic pictures of Tom Jones several times... they will be forever in my mind (thanks again).

Of course that doesn't mean he's a woman, but it raises the question.

34 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Lords dont come from ghastly shitholes like that.  Let me explain England geographically.  First you have London, the greatest city in the world.  In the outer parts of that you have the home counties, where posh uptight people live...and then anything north from there onwards is a ghastly rural wasteland full of slack jawed bent back beasts of yokel burden.  That is where Daisy comes from.  They all have funny accents, breed whippets, drink pints of beer with enormously large heads and claim public assistance from the government.

This is fucking hilarious.:rofl-lol: Bravo Lenny :lol:

Question: What areas/neighborhoods that consist of the outer parts of London are stereotypically "posh"?

34 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Well, ok, but he's managed to play a character in the forum that tricks people into believing he's a sir. Give him some credit! :lol:

latest?cb=20120510104552&path-prefix=es

I think to 90% of people here, this is Diesel Daisy :D

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I'm pretty sure he posted in there...

I know for a fact that he posted semi-erotic pictures of Tom Jones several times... they will be forever in my mind (thanks again).

Of course that doesn't mean he's a woman, but it raises the question.

hahaahah I do remember the Tom Jones pics! :lol:

Will have to look up for Daisy's posts at the WT, though Im sure he lurks over there all the time. :ph34r:

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Question: What areas/neighborhoods that consist of the outer parts of London are stereotypically "posh"?

Ascot, certain places in Buckinghamshire like Chalfont St Giles, I dunno, its kind of a broad question, you could go on all day answering and I was only dishing out stereotypes trying to be humourous, the home counties aren’t all posh, its a mixture of shithole towns and middle class suburbia mostly, im from the home counties in actuality, its just to all these northern slobs anyone that lives in a vaguely southern direction is from ‘that London’.  I got to ride a train for 15 mins to get to London.

Generally though whats known as the home counties, Herfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire are considered middle class...though its a stupid generalisation because there are a great many urban shitholes amongst all that, just as my comment about the North, it was for comic effect, a lot of the bigger cities are quite cosmopolitan now. I suppose a more accurate appraisal would have been that they are the children of slack jawed bent backed shit shovelling farm yokels :lol:

Edited by Len Cnut
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

In my Northern brain Len gets on that weird thing - I think you call it The Tube? - at Luton or Watford and can then pop out at the Tower of London within 5 minutes.

It is all just London, innit? Guardian reading Cappuccino drinking wooftas. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

01.png

PS

Here is that scene actually,

You hear that an obscure game called cricket is very popular in England, but you don't see it :lol:

It is difficult, of course, to persuade our friends across the Atlantic that a match can go on for five whole days and still produce no result. We also assume, ever since The Final Test bit the box-office dust way back in 1953, that even our own filmgoers aren't very interested in cricket.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2002/oct/04/artsfeatures.cricket

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blackstar said:

You hear that an obscure game called cricket is very popular in England, but you don't see it :lol:

It is difficult, of course, to persuade our friends across the Atlantic that a match can go on for five whole days and still produce no result. We also assume, ever since The Final Test bit the box-office dust way back in 1953, that even our own filmgoers aren't very interested in cricket.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2002/oct/04/artsfeatures.cricket

Cricket being akin to a religion in India, there have been a number of Bollywood films about cricket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RONIN said:

That's known as Commuter Belt territory and they are all miserable. :lol:  Not so much posh, as middle class striving to be upper middle (or just striving to pay the huge mortgage).  They work long hours, commuting an hour or more into London, for which they pay about 10k a year to use a train system that shuttles them back and forth, often like cattle as the trains are frequently overcrowded.  Said trains often don't arrive or depart on time, or at all.  That's actually not an exaggeration, sadly.  Anyway, it's because the jobs are in London but the quasi-affordable housing and independent schools are outside of London. I wouldn't live out there.  It's ghastly.  Soulless.  But if you want the house and the right schools....that's what you have to do.

Edited by MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MyPrettyTiedUpMichelle said:

Not so much posh, as middle class striving to be upper middle

Are they not the fuckin' biggest cunts and all?  I tell ya what, I've lived next to all sorts of fuckin' people and they are the worst.  Cuz like...your working class, they don't give a monkeys, kinda free and easy forthright people, your proper rich people, they're alright too, keep to themselves more but you don't get no grief off em.  But them lot, the fuckin' middle striving for upper middle, biggest fuckin' tossbags on earth, fuckin' fence measuring, curtain twitching cunts, one and all.  They're the ones who'll fuckin' call envoirnmental health on ya because one wheel of your wheelbin happened to be left just over the boundary onto their side by the dustman, I fuckin' hate them kind of people.  They're fundamentally miserable people because they ain't happy with their station in life, they're making an concerted attempt to be something they're not instead of enjoying their lives.  There's a sort of desperation in their eyes, psychoanalysis was invented for these people.

• Like 4

seeing how everything that's released today, from movies, books, music, video games, is total and utter shit, the natural reaction is to go back to the good old days.

when was the last time an album with the quality of appetite was released? a book like "perfume"? a badass action movie like "predator" which, while certainly cheesy, also contained great acting, dialogue and a great sense of suspense.

why does every current movie have to contain forgettable actors, cliché dialogue, lazy story and above all: an obsession with being political correct? Why the hell do all male singers sound like ed sheeran and every female singer like... oh I dont know, whatever, they all fucking sound the same.

Where are the days that Queen "shocked" the world with appearing in drag in the "I want to break free" video? Where james bond could hit a woman in the face (A horribly sexist act for sure, and it was probably criticised even back then, but at least movie makers had the guts to show this side of bond), rock bands wrecked hotel rooms and a lot of fun was to be had?

what is this shit about being watched everywhere with cameras on the streets, facebook containing an awful amount of personal information and selling it to big companies, phone batteries lasting 2 hours (my nokia 3310 reissue actually lasts two fucking weeks), people being utterly offended about fucking everything (what have we become??), the female body is being demonised in our once advanced society, laziness is rewarded and hard work frowned upon, everything that stands out has to be decapitated and so on...

And so, here I am, living in the past, enjoying all that was great before, and I gladly let all of our modern culture pass me by to the point I feel like a time traveler or something.

hope this post doesnt offend anyone btw!

Edited by action
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, action said:

seeing how everything that's released today, from movies, books, music, video games, is total and utter shit, the natural reaction is to go back to the good old days.

I am really nostalgic when it comes to video games. Each time a next gen console comes out I feel like the games get worse, despite the advance in technology. I mainly buy retro games and the remastered re-releases from the PS1 and 2 days for my PS4. It's all nostalgia stored on my console. Nintendo still try, though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Are they not the fuckin' biggest cunts and all?  I tell ya what, I've lived next to all sorts of fuckin' people and they are the worst.  Cuz like...your working class, they don't give a monkeys, kinda free and easy forthright people, your proper rich people, they're alright too, keep to themselves more but you don't get no grief off em.  But them lot, the fuckin' middle striving for upper middle, biggest fuckin' tossbags on earth, fuckin' fence measuring, curtain twitching cunts, one and all.  They're the ones who'll fuckin' call envoirnmental health on ya because one wheel of your wheelbin happened to be left just over the boundary onto their side by the dustman, I fuckin' hate them kind of people.  They're fundamentally miserable people because they ain't happy with their station in life, they're making an concerted attempt to be something they're not instead of enjoying their lives.  There's a sort of desperation in their eyes, psychoanalysis was invented for these people.

Why do you think everybody who "aren't happy with their station in life" and who try to "be something they're not" become so nasty? 

I have never heard of people being so opposed to social mobility as Brits. In the US it is the opposite, the American dream is about moving up from one station to another and this is generally celebrated. Rags to riches and all that. But if you do that in England, at least in that trasition period between being on the poor side of the spectrum until you reach the "proper rich" end, you somehow become a cunt and a tossbag. How absurdly different. 

Watching or listening to old things isn’t strictly nostalgia in and of itself, nostalgia is like a yearning for that time, I don’t watch Bogart movies and think ‘wouldn’t it be keen to live in the 1940s’ because i realise its a synthesised work of art, a yarn, a tale...nor does old music make me think ‘wow, I’d love to be wearing a drape suit with pork chop sideburns smoking fags on a street corner listening to Eddie Cochran’, its just music, music that sounds good to me in 2018.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Why do you think everybody who "aren't happy with their station in life" and who try to "be something they're not" become so nasty? 

I have never heard of people being so opposed to social mobility as Brits. In the US it is the opposite, the American dream is about moving up from one station to another and this is generally celebrated. Rags to riches and all that. But if you do that in England, at least in that trasition period between being on the poor side of the spectrum until you reach the "proper rich" end, you somehow become a cunt and a tossbag. How absurdly different. 

I’m talking about a set of personal experiences, I’ve got nothing against social mobility per se, I’m just talking about a pattern that is apparent to me based on what I have observed, there are any number of great and wonderful people going through that in life, unfortunately as is often the case in life heroes often go unsung and cunts are highlighted.  The social mobility isn’t the problem, its the attitude it engenders in a certain cross section of the populus.

People embrace social mobility for different reasons too, some strictly to advance in life and better themselves and some for slightly more sinister reasons.

Edited by Len Cnut

4 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

That is a very British thing, disdain for the nouveau riche, although I wouldn't say it is uniquely ''British'' case-in-point ''Dinner With Trimalchio'', Petronius' Satyricon. You see it best in today's Britain by witnessing the utter contempt for premiership footballers. The Americans have a different attitude to money, don't they - I've noticed that even here? They both have an interest in and celebrate the economic ascendance of others.

Edited by DieselDaisy