Why is Axl so opposed to releasing music?

Who says he is?

He spent a lot of time recording new music and apparently from all accounts had 3 albums ready to go. 

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff.  GnR is signed to a recoed label so they are the ones who actually release the music.  Not GnR or Axl.  For all we know we could have had 2 more albums worth of material by now but hold ups at the record label prevented that.

Also how do you know that A/S/D don't have an album written and ready to go?  We could very well be getting new music next year.  Just because you don't know about it right now doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.  Lots of artists do releases nowadays where the fans didn't know it was coming.

The fact is there was a big transition in the band and that delays everything.  They were talking about releasing CD2 before Slash and Duff came back, now they are on one of the biggest and mozg successful tours of all time.

New music will release when it is ready to be released.

Edited by Bitchisback
Typo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bitchisback said:

Who says he is?

He spent a lot of time recording new music and apparently from all accounts had 3 albums ready to go. 

There is a lot of behind the scenes stuff.  GnR is signed to a recoed label so they are the ones who actually release the music.  Not GnR or Axl.  For all we know we could have had 2 more albums worth of material by now but hold ups at the record label prevented that.

Also how do you know that A/S/D don't have an album written and ready to go?  We could very well be getting new music next year.  Just because you don't know about it right now doesn't mean it isn't going to happen.  Lots of artists do releases nowadays where the fans didn't know it was coming.

The fact is there was a big transition in the band and that delays everything.  They were talking about releasing CD2 before Slash and Duff came back, now they are on one of the biggest and mozg successful tours of all time.

New music will release when it ks ready to be released.

I would like to believe that, but I honestly do not think we will hear any more music from Axl in his lifetime. I would be more than glad to be proved wrong.

• Sad 1

Well, people of course have huge expectations for new GNR music, so it's not that easy to make music that lives up to the GNR name.

But I'm not sure if that's the only reason for no music.

My theory is that before the reunion Axl was considering a reunion and that's why he didn't want to release new music with that lineup, unless of course the reunion plans would have failed.

But why aren't they releasing new music now? Don't know. Perhaps they want to break records with this reunion tour? Or maybe they're touring cause Slash is in money trouble. Or maybe Axl wants to release the next GNR album at the same time as the next AC/DC album. That would be an impressive comeback for sure.

4 minutes ago, Fashionista said:

I would like to believe that, but I honestly do not think we will hear any more music from Axl in his lifetime. I would be more than glad to be proved wrong.

Do you see how happy everyone in the band is?

GnR is back man.  Give them time.  This tour has been incredibly successful.  

They have only been back together for a few years.  Give them time.

• Like 1

I doubt he ever had any creative fuel aside his four or five piano ballads.

And after all his hired hands were gone he might have just felt ashamed of releasing music from people who wrent even in his project anymore lol

Edited by default_

I say if CD didn't tank wed have gotten a follow up in 2010. 

The album bombing probably killed his confidence. He said 2008 was one of the worst years of his life and the last time he talked about new music in detail and with passion was during the forum chats in 2008. I think the album not taking the world by storm and swapping Robin for DJ probably killed his enthusiasm. We know a follow up was also submitted in around 2010. Once he saw that the label wasnt jumping on it he probably said "Fuck it" and stopped caring. Thats also around when he wanted to disband GNR

Totally sucks. I loved CD as did a lot of us. It sucks that GNRs only single in 10 years is a song from 1986. No, Fernando that is not new. I say that as someone who thinks the studio cut of SOYL kicks ass

Edited by ZoSoRose
  • Like 1

I remember a streaming a few years ago with Del James where the people in there asked him why Guns wasn't releasing any new music, and he said that releasing music nowadays doesn't give money and started bitching about youtube having every kind of music ilegally without paying for it 

5 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

I remember a streaming a few years ago with Del James where the people in there asked him why Guns wasn't releasing any new music, and he said that releasing music nowadays doesn't give money and started bitching about youtube having every kind of music ilegally without paying for it 

They don't have to worry about record sales when they're selling out football stadiums and arenas

• Like 1

Chinese Democracy being unmercilessly shit on likely made him feel creatively bankrupt.  Making new music to live up to the GNR name might just feel like a chore now, so the next best option is to just repackage the old shit so it's new again.  :axl:

3 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Chinese Democracy being unmercilessly shit on likely made him feel creatively bankrupt.  Making new music to live up to the GNR name might just feel like a chore now, so the next best option is to just repackage the old shit so it's new again.  :axl:

From 1996 to 2014, how many musicians were in Guns N' Roses who had ever taken part in the songwriting process for a commercially successful phenomenal rock album? Outside of Axl... they had all formed Velvet Revolver.

I doubt anyone (on here) knows.

We can speculate till no end, like always happens on here, and maybe some of the speculation is close to the reality, but I doubt anyone will know what goes on in that guy's head. It's definitely abnormal for an artist to release so little music in his lifetime (so far).

I believe he has that Michael Jackson shit, that only releases stuff when feels real confident and after the long waited release of CD, the record label tanked CD 2, he was even break the band up for good... I believe that made him feel like shit so he dont want to release anything until he got a sense that is the really right thing to do

11 minutes ago, brownstone91 said:

From 1996 to 2014, how many musicians were in Guns N' Roses who had ever taken part in the songwriting process for a commercially successful phenomenal rock album? Outside of Axl... they had all formed Velvet Revolver.

What point are you trying to prove here, dude :lol: I'll defend Bucket, Brain & Bumble all day, but it's sad when someone is being forced to also defend Ashba and Stinson