Ep. 71 - Copyright Democracy (feat. Ms. Metal & FransNRoses)

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

As I said above; I'm on the fence. Part of me thinks this is "fans" destroying other fans. Part of me thinks TB does have something to do with it.

On recent leaks that were taken down if you were to enter on the youtube links on some of the videos i remember seeing something related to team brazil, also there was a comment from a youtube channel named team brazil on the omg leak where they said, delete this now. I am not sure about the first part, but with the comment i am 100% sure

2 hours ago, wasted said:

True, I did mastermind the marketing and release of CD and NITL tour. 

Good sarcasm..👍sure nor you nor myself was the mastermind about CD or NITL tour , i refered if not was for many fans that since 94 keep alive the GNR name thanks the Internet , maybe only maybe would be forgot , they had a 23 years of break, if they not had such dedicated fans, full of fanpages in the Internet ,this Forum is a proof ,i not know if this tour would be many success like was, new generations of fans  are thanks the Internet and they insistent fans, and many youtoube channels dedicate they. Sure that they had talent ,but this only not justify they permanence.

13 minutes ago, MJRemastered said:

On recent leaks that were taken down if you were to enter on the youtube links on some of the videos i remember seeing something related to team brazil, also there was a comment from a youtube channel named team brazil on the omg leak where they said, delete this now. I am not sure about the first part, but with the comment i am 100% sure

One of the "fans" is known for creating tons of official looking accounts, so I wouldn't put too much stock into that. 

• Like 2

i have a copy of an Email threatening legal action about copyright infringement, its on my computer somewhere but can i heck find it. it is dated from about 6 weeks ago and was posted on the GN'R bootlegs facebook page which has now been closed down. the person who sent the Email clearly put their name at the bottom of it and take it from me, it is not from team brazil, uzisuicidal LLC or someone that lives in a trailer park. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, donny said:

i have a copy of an Email threatening legal action about copyright infringement, its on my computer somewhere but can i heck find it. it is dated from about 6 weeks ago and was posted on the GN'R bootlegs facebook page which has now been closed down. the person who sent the Email clearly put their name at the bottom of it and take it from me, it is not from team brazil, uzisuicidal LLC or someone that lives in a trailer park. 

I think that exist the sheriff webb ,maybe he would to mediate in this case of threatening.

I only hope that when this settles people get their channels back and we can continue to share our love for GnR from concert footage and leaks. What @Ratamsaid is correct, so many have discovered GnR thru YouTube. GnR has not been the most productive band yet it gains and retains fans largely from YouTube. I have read so many younger fan accounts of the first time they heard GnR and then immediately went on YouTube and spent days watching the band and fell in love with GnR. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kwick1 said:

I only hope that when this settles people get their channels back and we can continue to share our love for GnR from concert footage and leaks. What @Ratamsaid is correct, so many have discovered GnR thru YouTube. GnR has not been the most productive band yet it gains and retains fans largely from YouTube. I have read so many younger fan accounts of the first time they heard GnR and then immediately went on YouTube and spent days watching the band and fell in love with GnR. 

Yes@Kwick1 we the fans are since January-December ,in general management-record company most appear when they need to market something.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kwick1 said:

im guilty of that, i became a fan last year in april-may and thanks to youtube and fran's channel 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Couldn't agree more. Even if they're behind it (which would be a REALLY stupid move) they really should address the issue. We know they're (GN'Rs management) very aware of the issue because they read the board regularly. 

YEP

At first I thought it was related to the boxed set but now I'm thinking otherwise, slightly. What if the idea is to eventually release a bunch of this stuff sooner than later? They probably would rather get the money from it if they choose to sell it. It shields them from the "why would I buy this when I can watch it on YouTube" questions. HOWEVER, it then opens them up to the "Nice. I used to be able to watch this for free but you removed it so you can charge me for it" thing. 

As I said above; I'm on the fence. Part of me thinks this is "fans" destroying other fans. Part of me thinks TB does have something to do with it.

Out of curiosity, have you had any issues arise with your show?

Again, thank you to @metalms, @Gibbo, @FRANSAD, @Gambit83 and everyone else for fighting this fight.

yup had lots of issues. Thankfully I found someone on YouTube's side who was able to help me out big time. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Wagszilla said:

If Team Brazil is indeed copyright striking things, it just proves they don't know their ass from their elbow.

I am 99 percent sure that it's not TB that is initiating or directing these actions.  

• Like 1

This happens with all bands that end up releasing demos and unreleased music officially. Im a huge Pink Floyd fan and had a lot of rare stuff that has been taken down because they ended up being officially released. If you are a true gnr fan then you don't get your stuff from youtube, just sayin...

2 hours ago, Ratam said:

Good sarcasm..👍sure nor you nor myself was the mastermind about CD or NITL tour , i refered if not was for many fans that since 94 keep alive the GNR name thanks the Internet , maybe only maybe would be forgot , they had a 23 years of break, if they not had such dedicated fans, full of fanpages in the Internet ,this Forum is a proof ,i not know if this tour would be many success like was, new generations of fans  are thanks the Internet and they insistent fans, and many youtoube channels dedicate they. Sure that they had talent ,but this only not justify they permanence.

You obviously don’t know me very well. 

I think the internet played a role to keep the embers alive of fans who didn’t have much to shout about. 

• Like 2