Dream Setlist for Not In This Lifetime Tour (You may add 1-2 New Songs)

3 minutes ago, donny said:

so people would prefer to hear KOHD and LALD one more time than hear songs like sorry and madagascar ? 

Yes

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nightrain

Shadow of Your Love

Welcome to the Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Chinese Democracy

Live and Let Die

Slither

Out Ta Get Me

Rocket Queen

Attitude/etc.

I.R.S.

Bad Obsession

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

Locomotive (Axl & Melissa harmonize lead vocals)

Madagascar

November Rain

The Garden

Civil War

SCOM/Slash solo

Encore #1:

You Ain't The First

Wichita Lineman

Patience

Knockin on Heavens Door

Encore #2:

My Michelle

The Seeker

Paradise City

You didn't play by the OP rules

1.Nightrain

2.Mr. Brownstone 

3.It's So Easy

4.Shadow of Your Love

5.Attitude / New Rose

6.My Michelle

7.Estranged

8.Civil War

9.Coma

10.Slash Guitar Solo

11.Sweet Child O' Mine

12.Better / Chinese Democracy / I.R.S. (rotate these CD's rocker songs)

13.Sorry / Catcher in the Rye / There Was a Time / This I Love (rotate these CD's ballads songs) 

14.Move to the City (acoustic)

15.Patience

16.Used to Love Her / Yesterdays

17.It's Alright / November Rain 

18.Out Ta Get Me

19.Pretty Tied Up 

20.Rocket Queen (slash long solo) 

21.You Could Be Mine

22.Welcome to the Jungle

23.Live and Let Die / Knockin' on Heaven's Door / BHS / Wichita Lineman / The Seeker / I Feel Good / Riff Raff / Whole Lotta Rosie / Slither (rotate all these cover songs in one spot)

24.Wish You Were Here (Slash & Fortus Duet) 

25.Don't Cry

26.Paradise City

I added Move to the City, Pretty Tied Up and I.R.S.

I had to take out some songs that I would have liked to have in the setlist, but this one is more realistic.

1. It’s So Easy

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Chinese Democracy 

4. Welcome to the Jungle (intro jam)

5. Double Talkin’ Jive (extended outro jam)

6. Better (NITL intro)

7. Estranged 

8. Live and Let Die

9. There Was a Time

10. Rocket Queen (extended jam in the middle)

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Sorry

13. Attitude 

14. This I Love (You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory intro)

15. Prostitute 

16. Civil War (Voodo Child intro/outro)

17. Dead Horse

18. Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock & Roll Decadence) 

19. Coma (with band intros and solos)

20. Sweet Child O’ Mine (with godfather theme intro)

Acoustic Section

21. Used to Love Her

22. Patience

Electric again

23. My Michelle

24. Out Ta Get Me

25. November Rain (wish you were here and Layla intro)

26. Yesterdays

27. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (only women bleed intro and extended audience participation)

28. Nightrain

Encore

29. Move to the City

30. The Seeker

31. Madagascar

32. Don’t Cry

33. Catcher In the Rye

34. Mama Kin

35. Paradise City

This is me cutting down what I would really want. I cut out “Reckless Life” “Shadow of Your Love” “Dust N’ Bones” “Bad Obsession” “Breakdown” “You’re Crazy”(acoustic) “Locomotive (Complicity)”. 

Reckless would have come before RQ. Shadow would have been where it has been the last few shows (between RQ and YCBM). Bones and Obsession would have come after “Sorry”. Breakdown would have been after SCOM. Crazy would have started the acoustic set and come after “Breakdown”. My Michelle would have changed places and come after “Yesterdays”. Locomotive would have come after MTTC. 

These are my justifications for the songs not yet played on the NITL tour. I replaced “The Seeker” with another cover and moved “The Seeker” to where “Whole Lotta Rosie” was in the Inglewood setlist. I think “Move to the City” is a realistic choice because of the recent Appetite remaster. That leaves the only deep cuts I put in as “Dead Horse” and “Pretty Tied Up”. 

7 minutes ago, Ninjapie24 said:

I had to take out some songs that I would have liked to have in the setlist, but this one is more realistic.

1. It’s So Easy

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. Chinese Democracy 

4. Welcome to the Jungle (intro jam)

5. Double Talkin’ Jive (extended outro jam)

6. Better (NITL intro)

7. Estranged 

8. Live and Let Die

9. There Was a Time

10. Rocket Queen (extended jam in the middle)

11. You Could Be Mine

12. Sorry

13. Attitude 

14. This I Love (You Can’t Put Your Arms Around a Memory intro)

15. Prostitute 

16. Civil War (Voodo Child intro/outro)

17. Dead Horse

18. Pretty Tied Up (The Perils of Rock & Roll Decadence) 

19. Coma (with band intros and solos)

20. Sweet Child O’ Mine (with godfather theme intro)

Acoustic Section

21. Used to Love Her

22. Patience

Electric again

23. My Michelle

24. Out Ta Get Me

25. November Rain (wish you were here and Layla intro)

26. Yesterdays

27. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door (only women bleed intro and extended audience participation)

28. Nightrain

Encore

29. Move to the City

30. The Seeker

31. Madagascar

32. Don’t Cry

33. Catcher In the Rye

34. Mama Kin

35. Paradise City

This is me cutting down what I would really want. I cut out “Reckless Life” “Shadow of Your Love” “Dust N’ Bones” “Bad Obsession” “Breakdown” “You’re Crazy”(acoustic) “Locomotive (Complicity)”. 

Reckless would have come before RQ. Shadow would have been where it has been the last few shows (between RQ and YCBM). Bones and Obsession would have come after “Sorry”. Breakdown would have been after SCOM. Crazy would have started the acoustic set and come after “Breakdown”. My Michelle would have changed places and come after “Yesterdays”. Locomotive would have come after MTTC. 

These are my justifications for the songs not yet played on the NITL tour. I replaced “The Seeker” with another cover and moved “The Seeker” to where “Whole Lotta Rosie” was in the Inglewood setlist. I think “Move to the City” is a realistic choice because of the recent Appetite remaster. That leaves the only deep cuts I put in as “Dead Horse” and “Pretty Tied Up”. 

You didn't play by the rules either

6 hours ago, nikothebellic said:

I was looking for a some kind of thread, but didn't find so started this one. And I think a pretty interesting one. GnR setlists during NITL are widely discussed and often critisized, so I decided to create my own and offer you to do the same. I always wondered is it possible to create a set which suits the band and the fans as well?

You should change the name of the thread to "Dream Set using only songs played on the Not In This Lifetime Tour"

I'd say UYI style, just put up a bunch of songs in a list and pick whatever they wanna play through out the night depending on the mood. That being said put UYI 1 & 2 deep cuts in that list. Fuck it include My World if you're that crazy.

Edited by GoForJMark
  • Like 1

Going by those rules I’m going to vote the set list from the show I saw in Hartford. Took me a while to pick my jaw up off of the floor when they played Prostitute. The MetLife stadium show wasn’t quite as good.

I love It’s So Easy first! That bass line is a fun and to the point intro. I’m all about starting the show at 100 mph. While, I like WTTJ and CD, they take a bit long to get going. 

Nightrain is perfect where it is.

Estranged is too early in the set, as someone else also said. 

I would like another song or 2 as a part of a Spaghetti Medley with New Rose and Attitude. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Its Tino said:

I would like another song or 2 as a part of a Spaghetti Medley with New Rose and Attitude. 

You Can't Put Your Arms.../Attitude/Down on The Farm would be cool, but only if they dropped Black Hole Sun and Wichita Lineman.

I'd rather hear them just do Attitude or Raw Power and So Fine, though. Or even give Dust N' Bones a try, Duff did it with Loaded when he opened for Axl in 2011, it was pretty awesome.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1. It's So Easy

2. Mr Brownstone

3. Perfect Crime

4. Shadow of Your Love

5. Double Talkin' Jive

6. Civil War

7. Dead Horse

8. Estranged

9. Attitude/New Rose

10. Welcome to the Jungle

11. You Could Be Mine

12. November Rain

13. Slash Solo

14. Sweet Child O' Mine

15. Used to Love Her

16. Coma

17. Patience

18. Don't Cry

19. Out Ta Get Me

20. My Michelle

21. Rocket Queen

ENCORE

22. Don't Damn Me

23. Nightrain

24. Locomotive

24. Paradise City

Edited by Joolsy
  • Like 1

Well if I could choose and rearrange the set, this is what it would look like. No surprises that a lot of the NITL set makes it on here (it is actually a good set, just too bloated with doodling and some songs that don't work in my opinion), Think my list hits the different types of fan equally, something for everyone.

Out ta get me

perfect crime

double talkin jive

Nightrain

Move to the city / band jam / Slash solo

Jungle

Chinese Democracy (with 2009/10 intro music + staggered pyro intro)

It's so easy

Mr Brownstone

Rocket queen (no extended jam)

Madagascar

Shadow of your love

It's alright - November rain

Dust N Bones / So Fine (Duff vocal)

Slash solo (godfather etc.)

Sweet Child o' Mine

Slither

You could be mine

My Michelle

Nice boys / Rosie

You're Crazy 

Street of Dreams

Heavens door

Don't cry 

Patience

Estranged (3D Dolphins)

-------------

Locomotive / Dead horse

Garden of Eden

Since I don't have you (With more 3D dolphins)

Pretty tied up

Paradise city

9 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

You should change the name of the thread to "Dream Set using only songs played on the Not In This Lifetime Tour"

You know, that may reject some people, cause it would be like to tumble on the same place with the same songs. There should be a space for an imagination - 1-2, maybe 3 new songs are okay, just don't wanna turn thread's setlists into defferent combinations of Bad Apples, 14 years, My World, IRS and other more fan-oriented stuff. Moreover, this discussion seems already useful (for me at least) - Move to the City is a decent addition to the set, as they've released a lyric video, probably, at some point we could hear the song. Never thought about it seriously before.   

Edited by nikothebellic

Without new songs, I'd say make it a shorter set (2 hrs), cheaper tickets, top notch openers/co-headliners (i.e. Alice In Chains) and no overlong intros/solos, jams and absolutely no covers - just get to the fucking cake. ;)

Welcome To The Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

You Could Be Mine

Locomotive

Better

Patience

Rocket Queen

Nightrain

Chinese Democracy

November Rain

Breakdown

Sweet Child O' Mine

Yesterdays

Don't Cry

Paradise City

24 minutes ago, adamsapple said:

Without new songs, I'd say make it a shorter set (2 hrs), cheaper tickets, top notch openers/co-headliners (i.e. Alice In Chains) and no overlong intros/solos, jams and absolutely no covers - just get to the fucking cake. ;)

Welcome To The Jungle

Mr. Brownstone

You Could Be Mine

Locomotive

Better

Patience

Rocket Queen

Nightrain

Chinese Democracy

November Rain

Breakdown

Sweet Child O' Mine

Yesterdays

Don't Cry

Paradise City

I'm all for a shorter tighter set, but 15 songs, for 2hrs you're looking at at least another 3-4 songs.

Seeker

Witchita

Black hole sun

Rosie

😋😋😋😋😋😋😋

Common complaint I heard from casual and hardcore fans alike in Tallinn and Oslo was the length of the set, so I've got a lot of spots for alternates where the hardcore fans who go to multiple gigs will be more likely to hear what they want while the casuals won't feel like the set drags on. Also means Axl doesn't have to conserve his voice so much and hopefully goes for more rasp.

WTTJ

ISE

Brownstone/RQ (alternate night to night, also don't drag RQ on for 15 mins)

Estranged/Coma

Duff solo spot

YCBM

Don't Cry

OTGM/My Michelle/Think About You

TIL/Better

Slash solo spot

SCOM

Civil War/DTJ/Yesterdays (I'm not big on Yesterdays but including it because it gets a good reaction from decent amount of people in the crowd)

Sorry/Madagascar

November Rain

KOHD (7 mins max)

Nightrain

Encore:

Prostitute/TWAT/IRS

Patience

Slither

PC

18 songs. If Axl needs a breather at any other point I'm sure a Fortus solo wouldn't be unwelcome as long as there are still less jams and solo spots than the current set. Tried to make sure casuals get to hear most of the songs they like (Don't Cry, Patience, YCBM, SCOM, etc.). I'm not too certain that LALD *has* to be included; could maybe slot it in after Don't Cry.

EDIT: Moved Estranged/Coma before Duff solo spot, included Civil War as alternate along with DTJ + Yesterdays.

Edited by Amir

1. Live And Let Die

2. OWB/ Knockin

3. Wichita Lineman

4. Attitude

5. New Rose

6. Black Hole Sun

7. Speak Softly Love

8. Wish You Were Here

9. Layla

10. Slither

11. Mama Kin

12. I feel good

Encore

13. Riff Raff

14. The Seeker

15. Whole lotta Rosie

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Amir said:

Common complaint I heard from casual and hardcore fans alike in Tallinn and Oslo was the length of the set, so I've got a lot of spots for alternates where the hardcore fans who go to multiple gigs will be more likely to hear what they want while the casuals won't feel like the set drags on. Also means Axl doesn't have to conserve his voice so much and hopefully goes for more rasp.

WTTJ

ISE

Brownstone/RQ (alternate night to night, also don't drag RQ on for 15 mins)

Estranged/Coma

Duff solo spot

YCBM

Don't Cry

OTGM/My Michelle/Think About You

TIL/Better

Slash solo spot

SCOM

Civil War/DTJ/Yesterdays (I'm not big on Yesterdays but including it because it gets a good reaction from decent amount of people in the crowd)

Sorry/Madagascar

November Rain

KOHD (7 mins max)

Nightrain

Encore:

Prostitute/TWAT/IRS

Patience

Slither

PC

18 songs. If Axl needs a breather at any other point I'm sure a Fortus solo wouldn't be unwelcome as long as there are still less jams and solo spots than the current set. Tried to make sure casuals get to hear most of the songs they like (Don't Cry, Patience, YCBM, SCOM, etc.). I'm not too certain that LALD *has* to be included; could maybe slot it in after Don't Cry.

EDIT: Moved Estranged/Coma before Duff solo spot, included Civil War as alternate along with DTJ + Yesterdays.

Indeed - on Moscow show by the end of November Rain, I was almost done. And after Nightrain all I wished is them to end the show and PC wasn’t so epic for me. The things were better in Tallin and Finland a year before, probably due to a better air circulation on open ground, but still, sometimes it becomes challenging to support the band on such a long show. Especially if such high-octane songs as WTTJ, RQ, YCBM & SOYL are at the first part of the set and soft songs as WL, UTLH, DC are at the second. 

• GNFNR 1

Scraped

Shotgun Blues

Out to get me

Anything goes 

Guitar solo - dj ashba guest spot - ballad of Death (with slash)

If the world

Get in the ring

Frank drum solo 

Nighttrain (featuring Steven Adler on cowbell intro)

Welcome to the jungle

Knocking on heavens door

Live and let die

Sorry (Mellisa intro and lead vocal)

Bad Apples

Dizzy keyboard solo (chopsticks)

Wichita lineman 

Black hole sun

Paradise city 

ENCORE:

The Seeker

My world

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sl4yer said:

1. Live And Let Die

2. OWB/ Knockin

3. Wichita Lineman

4. Attitude

5. New Rose

6. Black Hole Sun

7. Speak Softly Love

8. Wish You Were Here

9. Layla

10. Slither

11. Mama Kin

12. I feel good

Encore

13. Riff Raff

14. The Seeker

15. Whole lotta Rosie

It’s sad when you can make a setlist just out of covers the band has done on one tour. I still love the band, but play some original music. You have more than enough great songs to fill those places.

I don't know and haven't thought for the rest of the set, but was thinking the other day how would a 'matured up' Guns version setlist be like, and I don't know why it just seemed cool for me if they started with the Locomotive outro - Instrumental (w/ a smirking Axl on pianos - without the 'whhhhhhhhI'mmmmmmmmm soooooo strange' part), followed just by brief 'Good to see you'/Band introductions, and then proceeding to the 'actual' show.