To Those Who Been to Multiple Shows at Different Countries/Cities

I saw Melbourne, Brisbane and the first Sydney gig. Sydney seemed to be the most into it. But Axl isn’t the showman he once was... I saw foo fighters at the same place (Allianz stadium Sydney) and the crowd was waaaay more into it.

having said that, this makes me think that it’s all about the $ and axl is just phoning it in. Not much crowd interaction, where’s as Dave grohl just has a way of getting everyone psyched and into it.

Edited by megaguns1982
Edit

On 9/29/2018 at 10:09 AM, Dean said:

I knew right from the get go that Gdansk was going to be mental. Seeing how the fans were when It's So Easy came on, I initially dreaded the carnage that would no doubt happen during Jungle. Great fucking show.

Haven't seen GN'R in Poland, but Polish crowds are fucking nuts. Seen Maiden in Poland three times, and I was on the barrier for two of those. It's honestly scary at times. It's not even that it's always overly enthusiastic, it can just get really rough sometimes. 

39 minutes ago, Powerage5 said:

Haven't seen GN'R in Poland, but Polish crowds are fucking nuts. Seen Maiden in Poland three times, and I was on the barrier for two of those. It's honestly scary at times. It's not even that it's always overly enthusiastic, it can just get really rough sometimes. 

They're nuts. Two fella's who were old enough to know better were on the verge of scraping with each other until they were threatened by security. Some of them had no concern for other people's well-being with bombarding forward, as there was a fair amount of young women near me who I'm sure wouldn't have appreciated it. Wild night, one of the best gigs I've been to.

• GNFNR 2

9 hours ago, Dean said:

They're nuts. Two fella's who were old enough to know better were on the verge of scraping with each other until they were threatened by security. Some of them had no concern for other people's well-being with bombarding forward, as there was a fair amount of young women near me who I'm sure wouldn't have appreciated it. Wild night, one of the best gigs I've been to.

The first time I saw Maiden in Poland was in Poznan, with Slayer opening. After Slayer’s set, this like, 7 foot tall guy came up behind me, reached around, and picked me up by my throat, feet off the ground, because he wanted my spot on the barrier apparently. I tried to get security to come over, they didn’t care. So then I started elbowing him in the face to get him to let go of me. Then they came over, and wanted to throw me out for starting a fight :rolleyes: 

10 hours ago, Guns fam said:

Toronto 2016 - first gnr concert

Monreal 2017 - best concert I’ve attended

Toronro 2017 - free ticket upgrade on my wife’s bday

Curious what makes you say MTL was the best you’ve seen. I thought it was the worst NITL gig I saw, and the second or third worst GN’R gig I’ve seen period. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

The first time I saw Maiden in Poland was in Poznan, with Slayer opening. After Slayer’s set, this like, 7 foot tall guy came up behind me, reached around, and picked me up by my throat, feet off the ground, because he wanted my spot on the barrier apparently. I tried to get security to come over, they didn’t care. So then I started elbowing him in the face to get him to let go of me. Then they came over, and wanted to throw me out for starting a fight :rolleyes: 

Curious what makes you say MTL was the best you’ve seen. I thought it was the worst NITL gig I saw, and the second or third worst GN’R gig I’ve seen period. 

Holy shit. Then what happened rest of the night? not awkward? From what you guys been saying, seems like Poland is a crazy city to watch rock concerts. 

My friend there even said they have a fake Woodstock.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

I was going to say, I bet Maiden's fans would have been 10 times more mental. At least you had the right idea, elbowing those sorts of people causing shenanigans always gets the point across :lol: I think it's the only time during the shows I've been to that I've been desperate to hear This I Love, just for the crowd to calm the fuck down!

• Haha 1

I attended to 3 shows for reunion.

Washington 2016

Zürich 2017 (home country)

London 2017 (first show)

all 3 Golden Circle.

I couldn’t make it 2018 because I got a father.

Best crowd was for sure London. Zurich was nice with all my friends and my pregnant wife and I liked it very much (ok I was totally drunk in the end aswell). And Washington...I like you american guys but... you dont know how to celebrate a resl rock show. Maybe this has also to do with this shitty seating on the floor.

But in my opinion the band played the best show in DC. They were on fire!

On 2.10.2018 at 8:48 AM, Lio said:

We don't have the seats culture, I'd never pick seats for a gnr show. If I ever have to because for some reason  I'm not able to stand up, I'd be so pissed if people got up:bitchfight: So if I get a seat, I stay seated, because I'd feel rude standing up blocking someone else's view.

But we have a different culture. Most people would have a standing ticket for a rock show.

How can you party like this?

2 minutes ago, nellyy said:

I think that cultural differences are very interesting, but I am surprised to hear so many saying that American crowds were lame because I thought that they were the ones to be crazy and so on:shrugs:

Forget it! It was the best place to interact with others but they don’t know how to get crazy.

I would like to see a show in argentina.

10 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Just an all round good night in MTL - I was front/center, the sound was great. Whole Lotta Rosie was a highlight 

10 hours ago, Lupo the Butcher said:

How can you party like this?

I don't get seats. I'd only get seats for Adele or Tori Amos, for instance. 

That's what I meant. I'd never get seats for a rock show. Unless I couldn't stand for some reason, and I'd hate it if people in front of me would be standing then. Just get a standing ticket if you want to stand all show.

• Like 1

I saw Leonard Cohen at a seated show in Manchester in 2013 and even the septuagenarians in attendance there managed to stay up and dance a little for about half the 3+ hour show :lol: (though there was an intermission)

Edited by Amir

19 hours ago, nellyy said:

I think that cultural differences are very interesting, but I am surprised to hear so many saying that American crowds were lame because I thought that they were the ones to be crazy and so on:shrugs:

Nope, American crowds are awful. I've been to concerts in about 30 different countries, and I honestly think American crowds are the worst of any country I've seen a concert in. Zero energy, they just sit there like fucking zombies most of the time. 

• Haha 3

I've only done UK shows but can say the further south you go the tamer the crowds get. You are likely to see wilder Michael Bublé crowds in Manchester than Guns shows in London.

The Scottish crowds always deliver.

The Golden $$ circle has dampened the crowd feel.

4 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Nope, American crowds are awful. I've been to concerts in about 30 different countries, and I honestly think American crowds are the worst of any country I've seen a concert in. Zero energy, they just sit there like fucking zombies most of the time. 

Maybe the American crow need bit blood transfusion❓:lol:

On 7/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, Amir said:

I saw Leonard Cohen at a seated show in Manchester in 2013 and even the septuagenarians in attendance there managed to stay up and dance a little for about half the 3+ hour show :lol: (though there was an intermission)

How the fuck do you dance to Leonard Cohen?:lol:

Just now, fanfzero said:

How the fuck do you dance to Leonard Cohen?:lol:

He did a cover of Save The Last Dance For Me which got everyone going :P Even tracks like First We Take Manhattan were more energetic than their studio versions.