Marvel fatigue anyone

Despite the fact that I started this thread, I am NEARLY pulled back in by Wandavision, lol. While I don't think the show itself is amazing (Mandalorian was better), it's providing a glimpse into where the MCU might be heading.

Based on what we've seen so far (and what I've heard on the rumors mill), this multiverse idea is FANTASTIC. We don't need to reboot the x-men (even though many of the films are flawed, they have some GREAT moments). Just cherry pick characters from the x-men movies, and incorporate them into the MCU. Make the x-men films, tobey maguire spiderman and Garfield Spiderman films cannon. It's THE best way to incorporate the x-men imo (with the spiderman being a happy bonus). Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine. Sure they could try and recast, but it'll be a hard act to follow. 

If they bring in Quicksilver, Deadpool, Magneto (probably Fassbender), Prof X (Mcavoy) and cherry pick a few others... That's perfect. You don't even "need" to use Hugh Jackman all that often, use him for cameos and the BIG crossover films. Wolverine has ALWAYS been my favorite Marvel character, so him the MCU will keep me invested. Having said that, we don't need to have solo films, if they make the Fox films cannon. It would also explain why the x-men time line is so messy, different universe. Same for the Spiderman films. Tobey maguire will ALWAYS be my favorite spiderman. Not because I don't like Tom Holland (because I do), but because Spiderman 1 and 2 are STILL the best spiderman movies. 

Having said all of that, they SHOULD reboot Fantastic Four, which they are. Give me the X-men films and Maguire Spiderman films as official MCU cannon, and I'm a HAPPY Marvel fan. 

• 2 weeks later...

Final WandaVision theories before the finale airs tonight:

I think that blonde chick Dottie is really Arcana Jones (another witch from the comics). I think “Ralph” doesn’t really exist and was just a red herring. I think Evan Peters is really the X-men quicksilver (I don’t think they’d tease us by having him NOT really be him). I don’t think the aerospace engineer Monica talked about will be anyone special. I think vision and the kids will both survive. Lastly, I think the person in witness protection that Jimmy Woo was talking about is Dick Van Dyke (and this is the cameo Paul Bettany was talking about).

Edited by rocknroll41

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

I liked the first half better, the back half got too "Marvely"

The bad witch's only real purpose is to be an exposition machine for what is pretty obvious

7/10 but it could have been really good if it went comic book like

I like the whole show, though I agree that the first half of the show was a bit better and I kinda wish they woulda focused on the sitcom stuff for a little longer.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I like the whole show, though I agree that the first half of the show was a bit better and I kinda wish they woulda focused on the sitcom stuff for a little longer.

I applauded it for being different and wish they stuck with that. They just had to use generic villains as a crutch. This show didn't need any of that at all, imo. 

I didn't even need a big, dumb fight scene at the end and they could have cut the bad witch and government goon completely imo. The bad witch was literally just a convoluted exposition machine. I would have liked it more if it was really all about Wanda dealing with grief. It kind of was but then they added a bunch of other dumb shit on top of that to have a big, dumb, finale with lasers and explosions. The last episode was messy as fuck.

I don't think it was a bad show. Wanda and Vision were fleshed out tremendously as characters and I enjoyed all the sections about them for the most part 

It could have been one of the best parts of the MCU but it still gets a solid 7 for me 

• Like 1

EDIT- In a weird way, I think the pandemic helped the MCU for me. I don't have like hype-hype anymore but I think that is because the main movies/characters old stories had closure and a good finale, but being back in the MCU after an almost 2 year hiatus made it almost comforting after this year. The MCU has been an entertainment presence since 2008, so it feel like a weird sort of normalcy to have new content. Idk, it was kind of like a "oh that is cool" feeling with WandaVision

Hooray for little dopamine hits generated from corporate entertainment

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

I applauded it for being different and wish they stuck with that. They just had to use generic villains as a crutch. This show didn't need any of that at all, imo. 

I didn't even need a big, dumb fight scene at the end and they could have cut the bad witch and government goon completely imo. The bad witch was literally just a convoluted exposition machine. I would have liked it more if it was really all about Wanda dealing with grief. It kind of was but then they added a bunch of other dumb shit on top of that to have a big, dumb, finale with lasers and explosions. The last episode was messy as fuck.

I don't think it was a bad show. Wanda and Vision were fleshed out tremendously as characters and I enjoyed all the sections about them for the most part 

It could have been one of the best parts of the MCU but it still gets a solid 7 for me 

Yeah I see what you mean, though I honestly feel like that’s been a problem since the very beginning of the mcu. Most of these stories don’t even really need the villains, and would probably work a lot better if they were just about the heroes struggling with their own identities. Unfortunately though, big villain fights in the climax have just become a staple in the superhero genre, so I’ve just come to accept them as “a necessary evil” (no pun intended), if that makes sense.

I enjoyed the first season of WandaVision and looking forward to the next series coming out at the end of the month.  I'm a fan of television series much more than films.  Maybe with Disney+ the production can more directly benefit from interest and we'll see more series like this, with tentpole movies coming out every one and a while.  I'm sure it cost a pretty penny to produce but I'd like to think the roughly 5+ hours of content was less than the 2 or 3 movies it would taken to get there.  More character and story's seems like a win win.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Spike Killer said:

I enjoyed the first season of WandaVision and looking forward to the next series coming out at the end of the month.  I'm a fan of television series much more than films.  Maybe with Disney+ the production can more directly benefit from interest and we'll see more series like this, with tentpole movies coming out every one and a while.  I'm sure it cost a pretty penny to produce but I'd like to think the roughly 5+ hours of content was less than the 2 or 3 movies it would taken to get there.  More character and story's seems like a win win.

I also prefer the TV format over the movie format. That being, I assume by “first season of WandaVision” you mean the entire series, right? There isn’t going to be a second season of WandaVision. Instead, her future story will consolidated into Doctor Strange 2.

15 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

New article up (where I tackle the mcu’s supposed “villain problem”): 

https://henrynsilva.blogspot.com/2021/03/marvel-meanies-and-why-they-mostly-suck.html?m=1

BTW if you guys are getting tired of me putting my articles here lemme know and I’ll stop.

Thank you for sharing. 

By next series I was thinking about Falcon and the Winter Soldier. 

• Thanks 1