Marvel fatigue anyone

I hate to be that guy, but I got Marvel fatigue after the second Iron Man movie. I've seen some of the bigger ones sense, and they have all been enjoyable, but they all follow a similar plot formula.  It's almost like watching an episode of Power Rangers.

I prefer DC, which is darker, but they take risks. As a result, there are some AMAZING DC movies, and a few duds as well. 

Edited by Sweersa
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

I recently went back and watched a few I hadn't seen in a while. Iron Man 3 was better than I remembered. I used to rank it low, around The Incredible Hulk and first Captain America.

I used to dislike the first Captain America but just the other day I watched it again for the first time since seeing it in the theaters a decade ago, and I actually like it a lot better now.

On 3/13/2021 at 7:17 AM, rocknroll41 said:

I used to dislike the first Captain America but just the other day I watched it again for the first time since seeing it in the theaters a decade ago, and I actually like it a lot better now.

Well Iron Man 3 changed for me. Maybe I should give Captain America another go.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I liked the finale as well, however it left me feeling a bit underwhelmed. Same goes for wandavision thoroughly enjoyed that show and than the finale comes and it feels all so super rushed and frantic. Marvel still has some work to do when it comes to doing proper pacing for their tv show finales in my opinion. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

So over Marvel or whatever the other ones are.

I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy 3. I do love those characters especially Grout and Rocket.

But tried watching WW 1984. Boring.

Don't care about Black Widow. Isn't she dead?

I would like to watch Loki, but I don't have Disney +

Anyway, wish someone would come up with some new movies. It's the same shit.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
7 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

I finally watched Eternals and it was so fucking bad that it makes Age of Ultron look like a masterpiece by comparison.

I haven't seen it yet. I'm far behind. How does it compare to Thor: The Dark World?

I watched Spider-Man: No Way Home at the cinema recently. I'm so glad.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Been enjoying Moonknight a lot so far. Oscar Isaac is doing as great job playing multiple personalities at once, and Ethan Hawke is great, as always.

Having never read the comics, I originally thought that Steven Grant was the person he was born as and Marc Spector was the alternate personality he created to escape his “loser” life. Glad the show proved me wrong, cause what they did instead was much better.

My new theory going into the finale now is that Khonshu somehow caused the rainstorm that led to Marc’s brother drowning, cause he knew that would eventually lead to Marc finding his tomb. I think he also did something similar to Ethan Hawke’s character at some point in the past, and that’s why Ethan Hawke hates him so much.

Saw a preview for the new Thor movie and then Dr. Strange movie. Never saw Dr. Strange. I do like the Thor movies, but doubt I will go to a theater to see it.

Want to see Aquaman 2 which opens next March, but with all this drama with Johnny Depp and Amber Heard, I think this movie will lose money due to her. 

Anyway, yeah, too many marvel and DC movies. 

Isn't anyone coming up with real movies to see?

• 9 months later...

Marvel is kinda fuckin' up lately. The Eternals, guy with tiny wings on his feet, latest Thor, and now Ant Man 3 getting shit reviews. Have yet to see it, but really enjoyed the first 2 so kind of a bummer.

some reviewers are saying that marvel is trying to do too much in 1 movie and for it to set up the next one and it also needs to make some sense in the Multiverse which I agree with. More focus on the quality of one movie at a time will be appreciated. Hopefully Ant Man 3 is not that bad.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

The MCU has lost pretty much all hype from me. That’s okay, it was an amazing run from 2008-2019 where there was continuous buzz. I’ll still see movies on Disney+ and might go to the theater for some but it would not be out of habit or as “must sees”, anymore. 

Endgame was the end and No Way Home was a nice epilogue for me. Aside from that and Loki, phase 4 was very average and forgettable (haven’t seen Black Widow, Black Panther 2 or Ant Man 3, though). Dr Strange 2 was bonkers and pretty fun in a dumb way I guess

Edited by ZoSoRose

I read Aquaman 2 didn't go well for a test audience. It's had some problems and James Wan went back into cutting some stuff, so who knows?  It's a shame because I know Jason Momoa is proud of this series. Guess we'll see.

Honestly, I'm tired of all the super hero movies already. Can't Hollywood come up with something new?

• 1 month later...
On 2/19/2023 at 2:13 PM, ZoSoRose said:

The MCU has lost pretty much all hype from me. That’s okay, it was an amazing run from 2008-2019 where there was continuous buzz. I’ll still see movies on Disney+ and might go to the theater for some but it would not be out of habit or as “must sees”, anymore. 

Endgame was the end and No Way Home was a nice epilogue for me. Aside from that and Loki, phase 4 was very average and forgettable (haven’t seen Black Widow, Black Panther 2 or Ant Man 3, though). Dr Strange 2 was bonkers and pretty fun in a dumb way I guess

This is pretty much how I feel, too. 

I think Disney+ hurt Marvel and Star Wars. It de-valued both brands and over-saturated the market too quickly. I know Mandalorian was well-received by fans but overall everything just seems to be getting pushed out too quickly and too much at once because they're so desperate to attract streaming subscribers. The end result is that the quality suffers because the studio is being pulled in so many directions and trying to connect things together. I think the quality was a lot higher when Marvel could focus on 1-2 films per year rather than 2-3 movies and 4-5 TV shows (which is what it feels like these days). And some of the streaming shows just don't need to be streaming shows... Obi Wan for example started OK, ended pretty well, but the middle stretch was just filler for me - it felt like a film that they tried to stretch out into a TV show for no reason other than it bolsters the number of hours they can claim subscribers viewed content, which makes them look better since those are key metrics those apps are judged by.

On 2/19/2023 at 7:13 PM, ZoSoRose said:

The last proper MCU movie I saw in a cinema was Endgame. That wrapped it up nicely for me. I did watch No Way Home too but I kinda see that as more of a standalone. From Phase 4 the only others I've bothered to watch are The Eternals which was pretty meh and Thor: Love and Thunder which was offensively shit. Didn't manage to get to the end of either of them. Was really pissed about Love and Thunder as Ragnarok is probably in my top 3 of all the MCU films.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dazey said:

The last proper MCU movie I saw in a cinema was Endgame. That wrapped it up nicely for me. I did watch No Way Home too but I kinda see that as more of a standalone. From Phase 4 the only others I've bothered to watch are The Eternals which was pretty meh and Thor: Love and Thunder which was offensively shit. Didn't manage to get to the end of either of them. Was really pissed about Love and Thunder as Ragnarok is probably in my top 3 of all the MCU films.

the MCU is becoming too fast and too furious. They don't even have a center character like Iron Man. Dr. Strange doesn't really work instead of Tony Stark. I think they'll need a lot of time until the MCU is actually interesting again. Deadpool with wolverine should be good.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1