Knockin on Heavens Door alt. takes and Jungle (no vox) leaked. **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

7 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Where are you heading bucket? Especially on jungle, I can just hear the two guitars, with none of Buckets style or tone. 

The recording was 2001

If you cant recognise Bucket solo on KOHD electric version you are deaf

Edited by Finck2006
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, rumandraisin said:

This is the oldest CD era stuff we'll ever hear. These are 99 recordings of robin, Paul, Freese,Tommy and dizzy working on the Appetite rerecording. These pre date a lot of the CD work. They're from late 98 early 99. Justine rhythm guitar and the closest we got to hearing Freese on drums live. 

Afd 1999 hasent leaked. This is from 2001

The warmup was the most interesting thing on this disc. Cool to hear a little in-studio jam.

I was almost comatose by the time I got to the third run through of KOHD.

I can understand why there were no lyrics on Jungle, they were very threatening towards Slash. No wonder Axl had so many lawsuits at the time.

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Polk'n On Heavens Door.

NOW That’s What I Call Polka!

5 hours ago, Finck2006 said:

The recording was 2001

If you cant recognise Bucket solo on KOHD electric version you are deaf

WTTJ you can clearly hear his solo and some of the weirdness. His guitar is mixed together with Paul Tobias one in the left channel.

6 hours ago, TeeJay410 said:

Great to hear Richard’s rhythm guitar.

If you're talking about KOHD eletric intro, back then that was played by Robin.

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/09/2019 at 11:40 PM, BN38416 said:

It'd be nice to hear the full afd remake with the 01 band... This wttj leak really kicks ass

Ive been hoping to hear it ever since it was first discussed. I always like NuGnR's sound on AFD songs. Gutted there are no vocals on the WTTJ  leak though

• 2 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 5:50 PM, Axlr0s37 said:

Ive been hoping to hear it ever since it was first discussed. I always like NuGnR's sound on AFD songs. Gutted there are no vocals on the WTTJ  leak though

There is no AFD with the 2001 lineup - the band in 1998 or 1999 rehearsed and recorded the full album to get the parts down.

They were in negotiations to put Welcome to the Jungle in the movie Black Hawk Down in late 2001, which is why they recorded it  again. 

• Like 2