The "New Album" Thread . The maybe, possibly, at some point, soon, whenever, wtf Axl thread🤞

47 minutes ago, Pele said:

No it doesn't.

I'm saying he hasn't bothered to write lyrics to songs like D-Tune, Curly Shuffle, Circus Maximus, Prom Violence etc etc.  He hasn't bothered to finish Quick Song or State of Grace.

Maybe I misunderstood you, but I thought your argument for why you have this belief that Axl hasn't finished vocals to songs was that he hadn't bothered to do more vocal sessions. But if he has visited the studio to record additional vocals to Absurd, even as little as one word that was missing, then it is not unlikely he has also added additional vocals to other songs where it was needed. In short, he has visited the studio to record new vocals. Hence your argument falls apart. It now becomes likely that he has worked on other songs, too, and your position becomes even more irrational.

47 minutes ago, Pele said:

At what point will you accept that?

At what point will I accept that Axl hasn't added entirely new vocals to old songs? I have never not accepted that. I am entirely fine with that. I don't need the songs to have new vocals, only good vocals. 

Edited by SoulMonster

43 minutes ago, Pele said:

I said earlier - I fully believe as part of the guaranteed fee from Live Nation for the tour, he agreed to release a 'new' song online.  And he submitted Silkworms because his work was already done and he didn't need to write/record anything additional (maybe the agreement insisted on a newly recorded vocal, hence the one word shout of 'Absurd')

That is quite an absurd line of thought.

• ABSUЯD 1

14 minutes ago, ToonGuns said:

You're stating things as fact when in fact you have no idea. I don't understand the point.

I'm not.  It's not fact.  It's opinion.  I've said 'I think' often enough.

Keep believing he has a vault of full songs with vocal, whilst he drip-feeds you with songs from the 99 sessions

44 minutes ago, Pele said:

Or I'm completely wrong and there is a new album, with new vocals that we haven't heard before (which for some reason contains Silkworms with 99 vocal)

I don't find it that strange that he didn't re-record the original vocals to Absurd, but rather (possibly) just added new vocals as required for the new version of the song (the word "absurd"). I see no reason to spend time and money re-recording something that is already as he wants it and which is exactly as he sings it live, anyway, and I assume Axl sees it that way too. If he was unable to replicate the vocals live in 2021, then it would make sense to re-record them, yes, but shouting out the vocals to Absurd is probably something he will be able to do for many years still. What's the point in spending time and money making another vocal take that is identical to one you already have?

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

That is quite an absurd line of thought.

I think it's very probable.

And I thin k it's exactly what he'd do.  If someone came to collect what they were owed - in this case a 'new' song, he'd give them Silkworms

2 hours ago, Pele said:

I would say exactly the opposite.

Outside of a handful of days in 2007, everything he does seems to be pulled from the 99/00 sessions.

If I would have typed last week that GNR will release a new single next week and it is Silkworms with 99 vocal, you'd have presumed I was trolling.

But they did it.  They actually released a new song and the vocal was taken from those sessions AGAIN.

And guess what?  If they release something else, it's gonna be Hard Skool with the vocal taken from those sessions.

That will probably be it - but there might be one more.  And guess what?  It will be Perhaps with the vocal taken from those sessions.

But yeah - some guy at a party said Axl told him about 100 Cuban Skies so there must be an albums worth of material.

Get real!  There is a slim chance he's contractually obligated to release a new album, in which case, I'll look forward to:

1. HardSkool (99 vocal)
  2. Atlas Shrugged (99 vocal)
  3. Going Down (Duff on Vocal)
  4. Rock the Rock
  5. Silkworms (99 vocal)
  6. New Duff Song
  7. Knocking on Heavens Door (99 vocal)
  8. The General (07 vocal)
  9. Perhaps (99 vocal)
  10. PRL (instrumental with Thyme)
  11. Children of the Revolution (07 vocal)

Bonus tracks - Blood in the Water and This I Love remix

Lol Children of the Revolution and Rock the Rock :lol:

(Maybe you need a break (or rather a breakup) from too much interacting with "insiders" and forum weirdos)

• Like 2
  • GNFNR 1

15 minutes ago, Dean said:

It's alleged 2007, but don't know for definite.

Edit: Didn't someone say the lyrics were about a massacre of some sort that happened in '06/'07? That rings a bell.

I Think it was the 2007 virgina tech shooting. The killer was a fan of Mr. Brownstone.

• Like 1

Just now, SoulMonster said:

I don't find it that strange that he didn't re-record the original vocals to Absurd, but rather (possibly) just added new vocals as required for the new version of the song (the word "absurd"). I see no reason to spend time and money re-recording something that is already as he wants it and which is exactly as he sings it live, anyway, and I assume Axl sees it that way too. If he was unable to replicate the vocals live in 2021, then it would make sense to re-record them, yes, but shouting out the vocals to Absurd is probably something he will be able to do for many years still. What's the point in spending time and money making another vocal take that is identical to one you already have?

So what do you think is happening?

He has a bunch of new songs with lyrics and vocals we haven't heard - but by coincidence, it's felt that Silkworms is the perfect comeback single, so they've submitted that first and all the new songs will come next?

If the next one is HardSkool with 99 vocal, will you still think it's just co-incidence that that's the one they want as second song and all the new ones will come next.

What if the third is Perhaps?  AT that point, will you start to think there isn't really anything usable outside of the 99 sessions?

If the next one is something new, I'll certainly admit I'm wrong.  If it's HardSkool, Perhaps, Atlas or even General 08 vocals I'll double down!

20 minutes ago, Pele said:

Then we get the locker leaks.  And it was almost exactly as I thought.  Chinese Democracy plus a load of instrumentals without Axl.  The only surprise was they had 3 other songs that they could have used (Hard Skool, Perhaps, Atlas) and one really good song that was almost done (State of Grace).

Now I do appreciate that there could be another vault, but I'm certain there isn't.  I believe there are some 07 vocals out there, which were Better, Scraped, Shackers and maybe The General.

The Village locker leaks were from 99/00 or so. And it wasn't the entire vault up to that point that was leaked.

We know for a fact that Axl has recorded vocals since then. We know that because some of the songs on CD wasn't part of the Village leaks. We know it because Axl has said so himself. We know it because other people have confirmed it. If the "absurd" is new, we have additional evidence.

It is not at all far-fetched to think that during any of these vocal sessions after 00/01, Axl added new vocals to other songs, both from the Village leaks and other songs from the same period and before, and songs worked on since then.

4 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Lol Children of the Revolution and Rock the Rock :lol:

(Maybe you need a break (or rather a breakup) from too much interacting with "insiders" and forum weirdos)

I don't interact with forum weirdos or insiders.

I've no idea if he ever did record Children of the Revelation or not.

I'd say there is a much better chance he's recorded that (or Black Hole Sun or something) than an actual new song with new lyrics!

5 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think it's very probable.

And I thin k it's exactly what he'd do.  If someone came to collect what they were owed - in this case a 'new' song, he'd give them Silkworms

Where have you got this theory that he owes the label a song? Isn't that just an idea you came up with to make your theory complete? It's circular logic. 

It is not at all far-fetched to think that during any of these vocal sessions after 00/01, Axl added new vocals to other songs, both from the Village leaks and other songs from the same period and before, and songs worked on since then.

I've tried to explain that to him the entire fucking evening. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

He has a bunch of new songs with lyrics and vocals we haven't heard - but by coincidence, it's felt that Silkworms is the perfect comeback single, so they've submitted that first and all the new songs will come next?

Good question. I don't know why Axl chose this song and not Hard Skool or others he might have. He apparently likes the song a lot (since it has been worked on so many times). I wouldn't be surprised if Duff and possibly Slash wanted it released first, too. Maybe he think the fact that it is polarizing and hard-hitting makes it a perfect GN'R song to signal a new era? I really don't know. 

Where have you got this theory that he owes the label a song? Isn't that just an idea you came up with to make your theory complete? It's circular logic. 

Yes, just an idea, based on contracts I've seen recently.

I'm in this industry (no insider).  Tours are worth more than albums these days and a LOT of guarantees come with a certain exchange of media appearances.

Rose likely said no to doing the media circuit as always, but could have very feasibly agreed to a 'new' song, knowing he had Silkworms up his sleeve.

28 minutes ago, Pele said:

The reason I'm so staunch in this belief is that for 22 years, I've used 'Silkworms' as the core of my belief that there was/is nowhere near as much material as they claimed.

I was around in 99 on GnrOnline with Xozi, Infamous and the others.

I'm an Axl Rose fan, not a GNR fan.  I've listed to (and not enjoyed) the solo albums from Slash/Duff/Izzy and I have no interest in them and their music careers.

I loved November Rain and Estranged.  I wanted more of those.  I was excited that Axl had broken away from the guys holding him back and was hoping for an album of epic ballads.  I couldn't wait to hear This I Love.

I remember the speculation that there were 70 songs.  I remember the Kerrang article, calling the album 2000 Intentions, listing songs like Cock-a-roach Soup and Zip It.  I remember the talk that 'There Was A Time' was the sequel to Estranged.  It was all exciting times!

Anyway, they play gigs and we hear the new songs.  Madagascar, The Blues, Chinese, Riad and Silkworms.

I love Maddy and The Blues.  Think Chinese is ok.  Think Riad is pretty poor and think Silkworms is an absolute joke.

From that moment on, I felt there wasn't anything near the amount of songs we were hoping for.

Fast forward to 08 and we get the album, which contains shockers such as Scraped and Riad, which strengthened that belief.

Then a few years back, we get updated leaks.  A DJ Ashba instrumental, a Tommy song, a This I Love remix and an  updated Silkworms!!!  I know at that point, there is unlikely to be anything in 'the vault' of significant value if that was being considered for a follow up.

Then we get the locker leaks.  And it was almost exactly as I thought.  Chinese Democracy plus a load of instrumentals without Axl.  The only surprise was they had 3 other songs that they could have used (Hard Skool, Perhaps, Atlas) and one really good song that was almost done (State of Grace).

Now I do appreciate that there could be another vault, but I'm certain there isn't.  I believe there are some 07 vocals out there, which were Better, Scraped, Shackers and maybe The General.

Fast forward to present day and its Silkworms yet again that re-confirms my belief that this guy has absolutely nothing of note in this locker.

I do not believe Seven, Berlin, Zodiac, PRL, Cuban Skies, Tonto, Soulmonster etc etc exist with recorded final vocal.

Sweersa said completed Soul Monster exists and is in the hands of hoarders.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

The label certainly can’t collect since they already own everything that was recorded in those sessions.

If anything is evident, it’s that Axl controls what gets released outside of compilations 

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Good question. I don't know why Axl chose this song and not Hard Skool or others he might have. He apparently likes the song a lot (since it has been worked on so many times). I wouldn't be surprised if Duff and possibly Slash wanted it released first, too. Maybe he think the fact that it is polarizing and hard-hitting makes it a perfect GN'R song to signal a new era? I really don't know. 

And the other questions?

If the next one is HardSkool with 99 vocal, will you still think it's just co-incidence that that's the one they want as second song and all the new ones will come next.

What if the third is Perhaps?  At that point, will you start to think there isn't really anything usable outside of the 99 sessions?

It's interesting, because we aren't going to know who is right for a long time (unless they drop some new stuff).

At this time next year, they'll have probably released HardSkool and we'll still be debating this!

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

I think it is pretty clear the next song out will be Hard Skool. I am not so sure there are any "new songs", as in having been written within the last few years. I believe if an album drops, it will be comprised of Cd session songs with Slash and Duff tacked on. As for why they choose Hard Skool. possibly because they knw we fans tend to like it? I have no idea. But the fact that they chose Absurd and Hard Skool and not Atlas and Perhaps, doesn't mean Axl hasn't added new vocals to other songs. 

Just now, ShadowOfTheWave said:

Sweersa said completed Soul Monster exists and is in the hands of hoarders.

So?  I could say PRL with Thyme complete with vocals and Marco Beltami orchestra exists and is in the hands of hoarders.  Doesn't make it true.

That guy seems well researched and knows his stuff, but these 'hoarders' go to extreme lengths to trick each other into sending first, so it may not be true.

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

I think it is pretty clear the next song out will be Hard Skool. I am not so sure there are any "new songs", as in having been written within the last few years. I believe if an album drops, it will be comprised of Cd session songs with Slash and Duff tacked on. As for why they choose Hard Skool. possibly because they knw we fans tend to like it? I have no idea. But the fact that they chose Absurd and Hard Skool and not Atlas and Perhaps, doesn't mean Axl hasn't added new vocals to other songs. 

Haha, I think that's madness!

After Silkworms, you accept he'll likely release ANOTHER from the 99 sessions but you still think he has a backlog of new songs?

Then he releases Perhaps with 99 vocals - you'll still believe even more?

Sp1at's latest comments, in case it wasn't already posted: 

I've not asked, to be honest. Things appear to be panning out as I said earlier in the year. I'll leave it for a while

There's not alot of footprint for the new song at the moment, it's not coming up on ISRC or on SESAC. I cannot check Universal's system just now as I do not have my login for it. I'll keep checking about, but I'll leave asking questions for now.

Edited by ShadowOfTheWave
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pele said:

Yes, just an idea, based on contracts I've seen recently.

I'm in this industry (no insider).  Tours are worth more than albums these days and a LOT of guarantees come with a certain exchange of media appearances.

Rose likely said no to doing the media circuit as always, but could have very feasibly agreed to a 'new' song, knowing he had Silkworms up his sleeve.

But just because a band might be contractually obligated to release music -- and I don't think this concept is alien to any of us -- and you have seen such contracts, doesn't really increase the likelihood of GN'R being similarly obligated. You are grasping at straws to make your theory stick. 

Again, fact is that we know Axl has recorded vocals in recent years. And likely also for Absurd. Then it makes sense that he could have added vocals to other songs that were unfinished in 00/01, or later, and that Absurd wasn't released as a necessity because he had nothing else to release. The guy obviously has a soft spot for the song (despite how much you dislike it) and in many senses it makes sense to put that one out first. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sosso said:

I've tried to explain that to him the entire fucking evening. 

You can't 'explain' to me that a new album probably exists just because you think it might.  

Just like I can't state as fact it doesn't.

It's looking unlikely, as yet again, he's pulling from the 99 sessions.  And we both know the next 'single' will be from the 99 sessions.

Like I've said to Soulmoster above, one of us will be right.

If they release some new songs, I'll be wrong.

If they release HardSkool, then Atlas, the Perhaps - will you start considering the possibility that the well is pretty much dry apart from maybe 1-2 others from 97/08?

4 minutes ago, Pele said:

So?  I could say PRL with Thyme complete with vocals and Marco Beltami orchestra exists and is in the hands of hoarders.  Doesn't make it true.

That guy seems well researched and knows his stuff, but these 'hoarders' go to extreme lengths to trick each other into sending first, so it may not be true.

Haha, I think that's madness!

After Silkworms, you accept he'll likely release ANOTHER from the 99 sessions but you still think he has a backlog of new songs?

Then he releases Perhaps with 99 vocals - you'll still believe even more?

What? I don't argue that Axl sits on many new songs written after 99/00. I am arguing against you stating that he hasn't added vocals to other songs from 99/0.

6 minutes ago, Pele said:

"It's absurd that we're playing this"... It's probably just Axl and the band having some fun and fucking around a bit.

It's not promoted as a comeback single or anything. It's a totally low key release. No promotion other than sharing it on social media, no press releases from the label or LN, not it being featured on a videogame or anything like that (which would have been a proper treatment for a comeback single)...

That's smart, actually. If it doesn't get a positive response, there's no damage at all. Axl can just say something like "we put that out as a joke and we enjoyed it, here is our new single".

• Like 2