"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

Far be it from something facetious that we can easily dismiss, woke culture is actually extremely nefarious. People have been de-platformed and even sacked from their jobs for holding positions contrary to the prevailing woke ideology. Further, children are being indoctrinated by sexualized wokery in our schools. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fuck me! The Express? They’re probably just offended that somebody mentioned “queens” and they couldn’t twist it into a story about Princess Diana. :lol: 

As far as the story is concerned I see absolutely nothing wrong with it in principal. The only issue if you’re looking for one is that the didn’t vet the person in question more closely. 

We take our daughter to Manchester Pride every year and she loves it. Pro tip. Kids can handle the idea of same sex relationships a lot better than most adults. They don’t think of hot sweaty bum sex any more than they think of hot sweaty fanny sex. 

As for the video you posted I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with that. Educating parents to discuss LGBTQ issues with their teenagers? Am I missing something abhorrent here?

I mean if I can understand these things when I’m not even a liberal (according to @soon:P ) then surely anybody can. 

Edited by Dazey
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, Dazey said:

Fuck me! The Express? They’re probably just offended that somebody mentioned “queens” and they couldn’t twist it into a story about Princess Diana. :lol: 

Here is the same story delivered by media other than the Express - NB., the BBC, 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-51617457

https://www.eveningtelegraph.co.uk/fp/dundee-based-msp-wades-into-row-over-drag-act-flowjob-reading-to-kids-at-primary-school/

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/5317604/flowjob-drag-queen-paisley-primary-school/

https://www.scotsman.com/education/row-over-flowjob-drag-act-invited-speak-scottish-primary-school-1889329

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8038669/Furious-parents-slam-primary-school-drag-queen-Flowjob-read-pupils-young-four.html

3 minutes ago, Dazey said:

As for the video you posted I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with that. Educating parents to discuss LGBTQ issues with their teenagers? Am I missing something abhorrent here?

I certainly wouldn't want my nephews and niece to be exposed to that. We have very different values.

Just now, DieselDaisy said:

You wouldn’t want your teenage nieces and nephews to know what a drag queen is? Fuck me you were banging on about watching Robocop when you were 9 a week ago. :lol: 

Just now, Dazey said:

You wouldn’t want your teenage nieces and nephews to know what a drag queen is? Fuck me you were banging on about watching Robocop when you were 9 a week ago. :lol: 

Why do you twist the conversation into facetious strawmen? I wouldn't want them to be exposed to an ''educational'' seminar on this LGNJSGDYUG+ ideology fronted by a drag queen (in actual fact I believe all sexual education should be scrapped). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Why do you twist the conversation into facetious strawmen? I wouldn't want them to be exposed to an ''educational'' seminar on this LGNJSGDYUG+ ideology fronted by a drag queen (in actual fact I believe all sexual education should be scrapped). 

What is the problem? That the teaching would be done by a drag queen? Or that the children will learn about other sexual lifestyles/orientations than heterosexuality? 

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Sorry, but it is a bit hard to discuss further with you due to your habitual lying. 

Is that so? Or is it because you don't want to further expose your archaic and discriminatory views on gays and transgenders? 

Why is it that those the most opposed to people getting it in all kinds of ways, are the ones most likely not getting any at all.

This is just an example of the idiocy here. I was queried on ''sexualized wokery'' in education as if this suggestion was pulled out of my arse, and I then provided two clear cut examples of sexualized wokery in education. The calibre of the publication (Express) was then questioned, enough to dismiss the story seemingly, to which I responded with five more links from separate media to the very same story. None of these demonstrative rebuttals have been acknowledged, but instead the conversation is being steered towards me and my beliefs!

1 minute ago, Dazey said:

What the actual fuck? :lol: You don’t think that teenagers should be taught where baby’s come from? 

Another strawman. 

I honestly think some people are incapable of having a conversation without producing strawmen and (in Soul's case) outright lying. 

Edited by DieselDaisy

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is that so? Or is it because you don't want to further expose your archaic and discriminatory views on gays and transgenders? 

Why is it that those the most opposed to people getting it in all kinds of ways, are the ones most likely not getting any at all.

Racism soul? Still waiting....

Oh, and I'd like a quotation where I discuss Apartheid. Thank you in advance. 

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is just an example of the idiocy here. I was queried on ''sexualized wokery'' in education as if this suggestion was pulled out of my arse, and I then provided two clear cut examples of sexualized wokery in education. The calibre of the publication (Express) was then questioned, enough to dismiss the story seemingly, to which I responded with five more links from separate media to the very same story. None of these demonstrative rebuttals have been acknowledged

Except they were
28 minutes ago, Dazey said:

As far as the story is concerned I see absolutely nothing wrong with it in principal. The only issue if you’re looking for one is that the didn’t vet the person in question more closely. 

Edited by Dazey

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

This is just an example of the idiocy here. I was queried on ''sexualized wokery'' in education as if this suggestion was pulled out of my arse, and I then provided two clear cut examples of sexualized wokery in education. The calibre of the publication (Express) was then questioned, enough to dismiss the story seemingly, to which I responded with five more links from separate media to the very same story. None of these demonstrative rebuttals have been acknowledged, but instead the conversation is being steered towards me and my beliefs!

Another strawman. 

I honestly think some people are incapable of having a conversation without producing strawmen and (in Soul's case) outright lying. 

How is it a straw man to draw the comparison that you’re fine with a nine year old watching Bob Morton snorting coke off a hooker’s tits but you’re dreadfully offended at the idea of a teenager knowing what a drag queen is?

Edited by Dazey

6 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

but instead the conversation is being steered towards me and my beliefs!

The interesting thing here is why you seem to be opposed to drag queens, sexual education, or alternative sexual lifestyles. If you don't feel comfortable discussing that, fine, but then maybe not express those opinions on a discussion forum?

I love how woke people / compenies are always going on how they are removing content because "it does not comply with our values"

yet we, as parents, are not allowed to shield our children from drag queens when this does not comply with our values? how does that work?

I reckognise the rights of drag queens, but they do not comply with my values. I'm not a drag queen myself, nor do I wish my son to become one. So I want to shield my son from that.

2 minutes ago, action said:

I love how woke people / compenies are always going on how they are removing content because "it does not comply with our values"

yet we, as parents, are not allowed to shield our children from drag queens when this does not comply with our values? how does that work?

I reckognise the rights of drag queens, but they do not comply with my values. I'm not a drag queen myself, nor do I wish my son to become one. So I want to shield my son from that.

What if he’s just inherently fabulous? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, action said:

You think it is contagious?

if something does not comply with our values, we're allowed to remove it. see countless woke companies who do just that. So I'm allowed to do the same.

2 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

You think it is contagious?

no, it just doesn't fit my values. so I remove it.

1 minute ago, action said:

if something does not comply with our values, we're allowed to remove it. see countless woke companies who do just that. So I'm allowed to do the same.

When you say “our values” I assume you’ve asked him?

31 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Exposed to what? 

Dicks. :lol: 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, action said:

no, it just doesn't fit my values. so I remove it.

Look, your kid will be exposed to drags no matter what you might feel about them, and if being a drag queen lies in his future he will become one. In fact, trying to shield him from whatever you might be uncomfortable with might have the opposite effect of what you want. Good luck :lol:

Just now, Dazey said:

When you say “our values” I assume you’ve asked him?

I'm his parent, I decide which values I teach him. I don't need to ask my son which values I am allowed to pass onto him lol.

Just now, SoulMonster said:

Look, your kid will be exposed to drags no matter what you might feel about them, and if being a drag queen lies in his future he will become one. In fact, trying to shield him from whatever you might be uncomfortable with might have the opposite effect of what you want. Good luck :lol:

just as how netflix will be faced with more problematic content in the future, which they will have to discard consequently.

in life, we all meet values that are not our own.