"Cancel Culture" Opinions?

RussTCB

On FM terrestrial radio one moment ago, the following foundation repair companies ad,

"Hey Digger I hear you have a crack problem..." A word play about people who try to attempt their own foundation repairs.

The station who played it is pretty progressive too. I dont think that is a wise, funny or likely to be a successful ad, but I also note it just aired.

38 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Amber Heard is a narcissistic sociopath.

Why does literally everyone say that? :lol:  I’ve not really been following the case but it seems an awful lot like people are having a hard time entertaining the notion that Ed Sisscorhands might be capable of peeling off a right hander on his missus.

27 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Why does literally everyone say that? :lol:  I’ve not really been following the case but it seems an awful lot like people are having a hard time entertaining the notion that Ed Sisscorhands might be capable of peeling off a right hander on his missus.

Depp seems to have this aura or charisma, or likeability factor around him, for lack of a better word. That's probably why a lot of people think he's the victim here. As for this case, I haven't been following it either, so I have no idea. I know that Depp is an alcoholic and drug user, so it's not that hard to believe that he might have slapped her once or twice during a fight.

Edited by EvanG

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Depp seems to have this aura or charisma, or likeability factor around him, for lack of a better word. That's probably why a lot of people think he's the victim here. As for this case, I haven't been following it either, so I have no idea. I know that Depp is an alcoholic and drug user, so it's not that hard to believe that he might have slapped her once or twice during a fight.

I’ve seen one video of him stomping around a kitchen in an eggy mood slamming cupboard doors and then tripping when he realises he’s being filmed...not that that’s a smoking gun and as I say I haven’t been following closely, I do like Depp though, very much so in certain films, though you sort of get the feeling that he is innocent by default in some peoples eyes, speaking about a lot of what you hear from fans, he has that sort of ex-heartthrob fanbase that its difficult to fuck with.

8 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I’ve seen one video of him stomping around a kitchen in an eggy mood slamming cupboard doors and then tripping when he realises he’s being filmed...not that that’s a smoking gun and as I say I haven’t been following closely, I do like Depp though, very much so in certain films, though you sort of get the feeling that he is innocent by default in some peoples eyes, speaking about a lot of what you hear from fans, he has that sort of ex-heartthrob fanbase that its difficult to fuck with.

I think I've seen that, I read that he just lost his mother and was going through a hard time. At least he's not being violent to her in that video. But I don't know, I don't condone violence, but if your missus is beating you up, you have the right to defend yourself.

8 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

No, it's nothing like that.

I've followed the case a bit and I've listened to a recorded phone conversation between Heard and Depp where they both acknowledge she is repetitively physically violent and every time she has a meltdown - he leaves and removes himself from the situation. And she whines and gaslights him saying him leaving and not engaging in her meltdowns makes her feel unsafe like he doesn't care lol.

She is a manipulative cunt.

P.S. I'm not a huge fan of Depp and before looking into it I assumed she was right and he was in the wrong but no it's the other way around.

To be fair though, she is a bird :lol:  I hate to sound sexist but like, you're average bird, whats she gonna do, on the best day of her life? :lol:  It's actually quite good exercise, learning to slip their wild flailing shots, just don't marry some big scary WWF bird, thats the ticket :lol:

4 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Lol I know what you mean but some guys can't handle it, it's not in their nature and it's not fair to blame guys like that for getting abused.

She's done things like thrown pots and pans at him, punched him repetitively in the face in fits of rage, severed his finger.

I like a bit of sassyness tbh. That sexy bitching you know lol. But severing anything and mindgames and shit like that is way too far.

I suppose you're right.  Who knows what really goes on behind closed doors though, thats why I tend to reserve judgement about this kinda stuff.  It could be that he's equally as fuckin' nuts as her and its one of those mutually violent relationships.  I guess end of the day its none of our business.

5 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Real talk, would you rather punch a chick in the face or have her cut off your finger? :lol:

How could she cut off my finger?  With a pair of sisscors?  Or perhaps lay it on a plinth or a hard surface?  It begs the question how'd you let the bitch get in range? :lol:  I'll be honest, I cannot take getting hit, it's just one of my things, I'm lucky to have not been in an abusive relationship but if I ever am you'll see me on the 10 o clock news people I will sign her the fuck off with no hesitation. Like slapped or punched or whatever.  If I've done nothing wrong I mean, if I've been out of order then, alright, fair dues, I might take a shot or two but if I'm innocent and like...y'know, its not a case of misunderstanding, she just wants to lace me up cuz she's in the mood for it well, sorry, I can't fuckin' handle that.  Call it a failing of mine.  I suppose a better response would just be to leave.  Quickly. 

Edited by Len Cnut

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Wait you'd react like that even if it was only a slap? Jesus Leonard. You fucking men's rights activist. :lol:

Yeah, course, why you fuckin' slapping me for? :lol:  What am I, a fuckin' mug-for-hire, I ain't taking a slap off no one.  Except my Mum, bless her.  If I ain't done nothing wrong and it ain't a misunderstanding (i.e. she thinks I'm cheating and I know she's got it wrong, thats exusable, that or some similar situation), yeah, fuck that shit.  But then I wouldn't get into a relationship with a bird if I thought she had that in her locker, I'm kinda docile by nature so I tend to end up with people like that, I despise aggressive people, which is an ironic thing to say I know but if its a response to aggression thats different innit.

my wife hit me once or twice. she was really mad at me. probably because I was a pain in the ass. I just don't know when to stop being unbearable. I felt genuinly bad for being such a dick that she had to beat me. it made me re-evaluate my behaviour. I said sorry to her, even though it was she who hit me lol.

most of the times though, we fight without hitting each other. Gotta keep some life in the brewery, otherwise your relationship becomes stale.

48 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I suspect it was similar to Burton and Liz Taylor, with them both flinging vodka bottles at each other. 

That's what I think too. They both seem a bit insane in their own way, sure if Depp had got really violent she wouldn't have been any match for him physically but doesn't seem to be how it was and he somehow ended up with a severed finger!

I know bad marriages and abuse dynamics can be complicated but in this situation they both had the financial means to get the hell away from each other and there are no dependant children involved. Maybe they loved each other on some level but on another were addicted to the toxicity. Neither of them come out of the situation looking great, Heard maybe slightly worse because I don't think anyone else has come forward to say bad things about Depp (other than his substance issues).

16 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Better to restrain/calm them or if necessary maybe shove them away and escape lol.

That's the best thing to do, just get away quickly or push her away, but if she keeps punching you in the face and you can't seem to get away, there's only so much you can take, you will hit her back after x amount of punches. I mean, I've never been in that situation, but I think I can only take so much.

11 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

To be fair I haven't studied the goings on and don't know every detail but from what I see Heard has come out of it looking significantly worse.

Heard: physically violent, abusive, manipulative, narcissist, cheater, liar, slanderer, holier than thou, has cost Depp millions.

Depp: Uses drugs.

I haven't followed it closely either. I checked out when it appeared that it was just a shitshow from all angles. I don't think we can discount substance abusers as being really difficult to live with - they mostly are but I don't think that's the main problem here. She could have just left - I don't often say that because usually there are a lot of barriers to women just leaving bad relationships but in Heard's case I honestly can't see any and along with the other stuff like the severed finger it damages her credibility as an innocent party.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Yeah I have disdain for women beaters but a last resort out of self-defense is a different story. Because of my size though you can basically guarantee I'd automatically always be blamed regardless so realistically I'd just run. Maybe get some evidence. But if I fight back I am fucked.

While I'm a protective guy and do feel like men sort of need to be as forgiving as possible with women. There's a fucking cheek to it, isn't there? Imagine going up to an MMA fighter slapping and punching him etc with the attitude of "Yes he's stronger. And that's exactly why he's wrong if he retaliates." The audacity. :lol:

Yeah, I guess I am looking at it from my perspective, I'm not short so I will have that advantage, but I'm not strong either, any hypothetical woman has a good chance of being stronger than me... haha.

*cries*

1 minute ago, EvanG said:

Yeah, I guess I am looking at it from my perspective, I'm not short so I will have that advantage, but I'm not strong either, any hypothetical woman has a good chance of being stronger than me... haha.

*cries*

If you see her coming just get your nob out really quickly, in the ensuing moments of her confusion, use your big lanky person legs to run off into the distance, nob flapping in the wind :lol:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, EvanG said:

*cries*

I'm pretty sure most women aren't stronger than you. I see this said a lot these days and I think it's because most men have never tested it out (which is probably a good thing all told) but apart from maybe the outliers like top sportswomen we really aren't much of a match, even for men who consider themselves 'weaklings' against other men.

My 16 year old son is an inch shorter than me and built like a rake but he's still stronger. I know this because he has autism and I've had to try restrain him sometimes so he doesn't harm himself or others. I stopped being able to do this effectively when he hit about 14.

I know many think it is easy to leave an abusive relationship. But often it isn't, and one reason could be economic dependency. This is often the case with repeated domestic abuse in the US where the woman is economically dependent upon the man. Leaving is just too hard. This is another reason why we should seek work place equality - to make women less dependent upon men.

Here I was thinking that cancel culture is a reality bending phenomenon that requires a careful, multi disciplinary, approach to understand the most complex nature of digital communications. Turns out tabloids do the job too? Huh, the irony. :lol:

3 minutes ago, action said:

Why the fuck would anyone read Brietbart, tho?

8 minutes ago, action said:

they're going to cancel videogames soon, now that ubisoft is in the middle of the storm. complaints of sexual misconduct on the work floor.

Fuck this hysteria. Gamergate ha already come and gone.