09/21/21 - Saint Paul, MN - Xcel Energy Center

alfierose

8 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Hey guys I just wanted to put this in here. For all of the heat that’s being thrown Axl’s way, he is sincerely trying his best. It’s been completely evident since the start of the tour. I feel more so on this tour since 2016 when the reunion happened. He’s never going to sound like he did in the past. If anything, we will probably get some glimpses of that old sound in recordings. But in a live setting? It’s just not possible for him to pull off every single note the way it was recorded on the albums. He has done so much with his voice and was so versatile in all of his recordings. That is his gift. He tried so many different things and so many different styles that it is physically impossible to sing exactly the way the songs have been recorded.  We should be happy that he’s still out there giving it his all. He’s happy, he’s healthy. Let’s acknowledge that. 

On an unrelated note, I am personally not doing well. However, it brings me happiness to still be able to see my favorite band of all time in a live setting and via YouTube recordings. Axl and Slash are together. Imagine that? Something NOBODY thought would ever happen. Let’s all take a step back and look at the big picture and enjoy what we, as fans, currently have because it’s not going to last forever. 

Nice post mate!  Axl always brings it live. Does his best. Treats every show like its the only one that matters. I admire him for that. 

Hope you pick up personally soon!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

Hey guys I just wanted to put this in here. For all of the heat that’s being thrown Axl’s way, he is sincerely trying his best. It’s been completely evident since the start of the tour. I feel more so on this tour since 2016 when the reunion happened. He’s never going to sound like he did in the past. If anything, we will probably get some glimpses of that old sound in recordings. But in a live setting? It’s just not possible for him to pull off every single note the way it was recorded on the albums. He has done so much with his voice and was so versatile in all of his recordings. That is his gift. He tried so many different things and so many different styles that it is physically impossible to sing exactly the way the songs have been recorded.  We should be happy that he’s still out there giving it his all. He’s happy, he’s healthy. Let’s acknowledge that. 

On an unrelated note, I am personally not doing well. However, it brings me happiness to still be able to see my favorite band of all time in a live setting and via YouTube recordings. Axl and Slash are together. Imagine that? Something NOBODY thought would ever happen. Let’s all take a step back and look at the big picture and enjoy what we, as fans, currently have because it’s not going to last forever. 

Hey I hope things improve for you soon...

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I do agree Axl is giving it his all. His performances definitely don’t seem phoned in. I wish he would work a bit harder on new ways to sing songs or cutting out songs entirely but I can’t fault the guy for going out for 3 hours a night kicking ass. Going to miss this band the next 7 months or so.

12 minutes ago, HollyWoodRose84 said:

I've seen a lot of people say "he's trying his hardest, giving 100%, etc" throughout the tour but honestly, if this is the best he can do, he needs to either re-arrange some songs or replace them with songs he can where he can still sound like himself. It's good that he's giving it his all, as a professional rock singer should do, but the results aren't always worth the effort.

Whatever you're going through personally, I hope things turn around for you. Good luck man 👍

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I've seen a lot of people say "he's trying his hardest, giving 100%, etc" throughout the tour but honestly, if this is the best he can do, he needs to either re-arrange some songs or replace them with songs he can where he can still sound like himself. It's good that he's giving it his all, as a professional rock singer should do, but the results aren't always worth the effort.

Whatever you're going through personally, I hope things turn around for you. Good luck man 👍

He is doing his best on the tour, but the problem is that he is not even 10% trying to prepare for that tour.

3 hours ago, We love Axl Rose said:

Full Show on Youtube.

Awesome thanks for heads up!!!!  

1 hour ago, DPR714 said:

Its funny how you can see Meegan, and Beta working their phones. Through the show.

Meegan took photos and filmed 99% of the time.  Does she do that every show I wonder?  

• downzy unpinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...