07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

Anyone local to Glasgow check to see if they are stripping the stage out Monday. If not then I guess thats a sign.

I heard the band were looking at putting this show at the end of July.

Wow - where did you hear that?

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

I think it was an ‘add on’ to the setup in place for TRNSMT festival so I really can’t see it being this year as after this weekend all that infrastructure will start being removed.

I can see it being punted to next year….although who knows what other options there could be. Murrayfield would be perfect!

Ibrox held a concert 2 weeks ago.

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

According to someone who spoke to Slash's bodyguard 

👍

1 hour ago, BrayWyatt said:

Ibrox held a concert 2 weeks ago.

If Ibrox could then I’m all for it - as @Gold top 78 says timewise it might be a nightmare with the season starting.

48 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

If there is to be a reschedule this month then we’re probably looking from 18 - 31 July which rangers have 2 home friendlies in that time which makes it difficult. 

Yup. Murrayfield was my option as size-wise it’s the biggest venue (Hampden is pish for concerts IMO) and it’s not far to travel although I’d go anywhere in Scotland to see them TBF. 🤣

Edited by DTJ80
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

👍

If Ibrox could then I’m all for it - as @Gold top 78 says timewise it might be a nightmare with the season starting.

Yup. Murrayfield was my option as size-wise it’s the biggest venue (Hampden is pish for concerts IMO) and it’s not far to travel although I’d go anywhere in Scotland to see them TBF. 🤣

Yep it’s getting that way anywhere will do. 🤣. If there is to be a reschedule this month then surely we’ll hear soon to give people time to make travel arrangements 🤞

Always bellehouston they could do it there I hope it will be soon but I’m guessing next year would have been nice if it was this year European tour finishes soon then there off to South American so would need to be when the European tour finishes which doesn’t give them much time.   

16 minutes ago, TAYLOR said:

Always bellehouston they could do it there I hope it will be soon but I’m guessing next year would have been nice if it was this year European tour finishes soon then there off to South American so would need to be when the European tour finishes which doesn’t give them much time.   

I suppose bellahouston was where the first reschedule was so it could be a possibility. I don’t know what is happening with the RHCP show but maybe have them and GNR over the 2 nights ?  

55 minutes ago, Calcy said:

Has anyone any idea how ticket sales went for this? Could it be ‘downgraded’ to the Hydro?

Didnt get tickets for this as was on holiday but could make a rescheduled date now.

Absolutely no chance of them playing Hydro it's way way way to small 

1 hour ago, Calcy said:

Has anyone any idea how ticket sales went for this? Could it be ‘downgraded’ to the Hydro?

Didnt get tickets for this as was on holiday but could make a rescheduled date now.

I'd imagine anywhere in the region from 40,000-60,000

Gold circle was sold out

• Thanks 1

The more I think about it - I think I might be cool with it being punted to next year if his vocals are still not great. Seems to struggle for a full gig with the issue so would rather wait - just can’t see a sufficient recovery in a few weeks.

It will be interesting after the final night of TRNSMT tonight with Wolf Alice and Lewis Capaldi if the infra-structure is taken down. Hard to see that it won't with no announcement at all.

Perhaps someone local could have a wander past tomorrow evening / Tuesday?

On 7/5/2022 at 5:51 PM, Blackstar said:

bout the day of the show. There is usually a soundcheck the day befo

7th - 9th July 2023.

I think given no announcement the chance of a re-arranged date on this run is negligible at best. I imagine the appetite (no pun intended) for a potentially poorly selling re-arranged show commercially doesn't make sense alongside a desire to get through these dates and give Axl's voice a rest.

14 hours ago, UK_GNR said:

7th - 9th July 2023.

I think given no announcement the chance of a re-arranged date on this run is negligible at best. I imagine the appetite (no pun intended) for a potentially poorly selling re-arranged show commercially doesn't make sense alongside a desire to get through these dates and give Axl's voice a rest.

How do you know that it is a poorly selling show?.

• 2 weeks later...