07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

14 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Have you started on the Buckfast yet? And change the lyrics singing along to Nightrain? We're on the Buckfast love that stuff, ready to crash and burn

Haven’t had it in about 12 years but I’ve been meaning to pick up a bottle. El Dorado, referred to as the Heroin Addict’s Buckfast, has had a surge in popularity in recent years.

• Like 1

I know it is easy to be critical so many moments of being in the GNR fandom but I give Axl a lot of credit for powering through the last show and hope both the vocal issues and perhaps the rumored anxiety that came from that if the articles were accurate, subside quickly

I guess if they actually do have recorded material and vocals done (dreaming) this would be the best opportunity for the band to promote and release them (dreaming even more).

Edited by vloors
Typo

35 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

Have you started on the Buckfast yet? And change the lyrics singing along to Nightrain? We're on the Buckfast love that stuff, ready to crash and burn

Fuckedfast. I used to drink a bottle of this every night I was out back in the 90s.. Guinness, Buckfast & Jameson. A potent cocktail. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, vloors said:

I guess if they actually do have recorded material and vocals done (dreaming) this would be the best opportunity for the band to promote and release them (dreaming even more).

I think the vocals have been done for at least 20 years, so you don't even have to dream that :lol:

3 hours ago, vloors said:

I actually disagree. If Axl sang the material 20yrs ago like HardSkool he is now incapable of performing those songs live. It took how many attempts for him to do a half decent HardSkool? by my count the first decent one was Dublin. 

I hope he goes in redoes the vocals taking his current ability into consideration. Maybe the band could go in and cut the album live😜

46 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I actually disagree. If Axl sang the material 20yrs ago like HardSkool he is now incapable of performing those songs live. It took how many attempts for him to do a half decent HardSkool? by my count the first decent one was Dublin. 

I hope he goes in redoes the vocals taking his current ability into consideration. Maybe the band could go in and cut the album live😜

Fuuuuuuuck redoing vocals. If they wanna do something Axl can sing live, aside from actual new songs, they should do another covers album. But I want to hear stuff like Soul Monster or The General with the early-mid 2000's vocals.

If anything, hopefully this pushes them to release a full album instead of singles. If they drop an album they can get away with just doing a few songs - Absurd, Perhaps and maybe a Duff song. If they keep dropping singles they'll be expected to play each of them live.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Alexpro said:

FWIW, local German media are saying today that the Munich show is going ahead on Friday

I’m not gonna lie….it’s pretty gutting Glasgow looks like it’s gonna be the only gig to not take place as intended. 🤦‍♂️

Im glad for folk in the remaining gigs that they will potentially get their gigs though.

Edited by DTJ80

8 hours ago, steelestar said:

Please, no more back-to-back gigs, even if held at the same venue. No bands who’ve been around as long as GNR do that any longer - and no vocalist of any age puts in the effort that Axl does.  The dude deserves his night (or two) off, regardless the circumstances.  Only positive aspect of the late cancelation is that there was obviously some desire and intention to perform the show as scheduled.  To the extent that they haven’t yet cancelled additional shows, the same appears to hold true for the remaining dates on this leg (at least for the moment).  Hoping for the best with Axl and fingers crossed for those who’ve gotten tickets and have waited so long.

I think Axl knows his limits better than us. 

There was quite a few back to back shows in late 2017 when the shows lasted more than 3.5hours. 

Im sure the issue is not that. Its singing while sick. 

If im not mistaken the last time Axl cancelled a gig for being sick is Philly 2002. 20 years ago!

Take almost any band amd you will find that the singer cancelled a date in the last 20 years for being sick. It happens. 

No big deal.  Chill guys.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

Realistically what are the chances this will be rearranged?

September - December they are on tour.

You are not going to have an out door show in Scotland during winter months

Next summer? What's the point, this show went on sale 2019.

If it’s an option - I’ll take next summer. Other than that - you would be looking to move to Hampden/Murrayfield. I’ll take whatever!!!