07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

55 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I find it ludicrous that someone can think Axl doesn't do vocal exercises yet has still been able to sing like he has sung. You really think you can maintain such a range without taking proper care of your voice? Besides, people say he is religious about vocal exercises. As for vocal coaching, I don't think any professional singer goes to vocal coaches all the time. You visit a coach when there is something that needs to be fixed, when there is an issue, when you need to learn something new, and then you keep using those exercises and tips that you are given in your daily life, like specific warm up and cool down exercises. You don't necessarily have to visit your vocal coach every week, similarly to most people not visiting a physical therapist every week either but get an exercise regime they can work on on their own. And we know Axl has been using vocal coaches when needed throughout his career, like when he took the AC/DC job. 

As for whether it's too late. It is not too late to keep maintaining the voice at 60, I would think it is even more important than when younger. When people say it's too late it is probably in regards to fixing the voice to a level where it was 10-20-30 years ago. You can only do so much to battle ageing. Your body deteriorates as you age, at individual levels, and you can only countereffect this to some extent. But again, the fact that Axl has been able to have such a strenuous singing career these last 10 years, with so many shows at 3+ hours, with very little affect on his range and still keeping good sustain and control, is clearly evidence of him taking care of his voice. That he now may have gone too far, strained his voice too much, and suffer the effects of it, is not evidence for him not being a professional singer who takes care of his instrument, but a testament to the toll of singing like he do at his age. 

I find it ludicrous that you can look at his performances from 2018 on in which he is totally losing control of his voice, cracking, choking and wheezing, seemingly struggling to do basic things, and think "that's someone who is being responsible with their instrument" 

3 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

I find it ludicrous that you can look at his performances from 2018 on in which he is totally losing control of his voice, cracking, choking and wheezing, seemingly struggling to do basic things, and think "that's someone who is being responsible with their instrument" 

As stated many times over, age catches up with you. Whatever you describe would have happened much earlier if he hadn't taken care of his voice. It isn't complicated. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, swirkh said:

I don't think that reddit post is believable at all.

The part about soundchecks is BS.

I find it hard to believe Axl had to sleep in away team's dressing room also.

This is a brand new stadium that was pretty expensive to build, so I'm sure it has a lot of nicely outfitted rooms/ VIP lounges with sofas, other amenities etc.

Reddit or not, I find the part re setting an IKEA bed in the away dressing room to be most plausible.

Makes most sense from the security/safety perspective as well as comfort (access to showers etc). 

VIP lounges of the stadium are basically fancy bars, and they were open for VIP guests until midnight on the night of the concert. Can't imagine Axl fancying a sleep in a bar at this age!

His best option for crushing for the night would otherwise be Tottenham Academy, which is adjacent to the stadium and connected to it by the bridge. They have some hotel facilities, but if Axl was anxious about leaving the stadium this may not have been an option

Honestly, when it comes to the inside scoop involving things like this with bands, I've seen more stories on Reddit proved true than false. A lot of times, you have a slightly more neutral person conveying information or, at the very least, providing a different point-of-view. Without looking at the actual thread, I do not know what the context here is: if this is someone trying to "stick up" for the stadium, but nothing in here sounds overtly untrue I am also not saying some details couldn't have been confused or made to look better for the stadium, but I really have no suspicion that the information in that thread is false or grossly exaggerated. The only thing I would point out to the poster would be that, while it is not necessarily the "norm", it is also not entirely uncommon for bands to bring in their own sound; particularly ones at the level of Guns N' Roses. 

Edited by themadcaplaughs
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, fabrph5 said:

but should not piss anyone off. 

Think there’s a few thousand people who would disagree. 

you can be pissed off at the poorly handled cancellation and still understand it’s for the best. 

39 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

As stated many times over, age catches up with you. Whatever you describe would have happened much earlier if he hadn't taken care of his voice. It isn't complicated. 

I'm not making anything complicated. We just disagree on whether or not he's been responsible. I don't really follow your logic that being old means it's inevitable for a singer to go out and blow their voice on stage for three years. A responsible singer would adapt their approach in order to not do that. 

Edited by Jw224

Just now, BangoSkank said:

"Fucked" as in he has bronchitis or "fucked" as in he really hurt it and it needs a lot of attention?

I don't know how roadies would know the difference.  I think it was pretty obvious from the Tottenham show that it is "fucked."  The question that likely very few people (Axl, his doctors, maybe band members/management) have the answer to is why.  Is it an illness, a vocal chord injury, nodules or irreparable damage? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Wheres-Izzy.jpg?w=980&q=75

Carrie Underwoods gonna sing “turn around bitch I got a use for you” for a few gigs yeah? Maybe she’ll want to bring back One in a million. 

I would pay to go see Carrie sing those songs, would be a change from her usual family friendly image. 

As mentioned by others earlier I also think it's crazy to travel to another country or continent just for a show and not have other plans (sightseeing etc). Then you still have things to do if the show is cancelled.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, smoking les paul said:

Bit gutted it was called off. Understand it though. Seen guns enough times so not to upset though my mates are fucking gutted as their first time! Solved that by going on the piss at 1 as soon as we hit Glasgow. Hotels etc wouldn't refund so might aswell make the most of it. Met a few guns fans in bars and alot of bars been playing guns also. Sorry for all those who aint seen the band before. Hope you's get the chance to see them again. I'm steaming drunk. Don't post much here but love this place. Reading all your posts helps my mental health as good banter. Take care all 🤘🏻

Glad to hear it! Have a drink for us! 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, smoking les paul said:

Bit gutted it was called off. Understand it though. Seen guns enough times so not to upset though my mates are fucking gutted as their first time! Solved that by going on the piss at 1 as soon as we hit Glasgow. Hotels etc wouldn't refund so might aswell make the most of it. Met a few guns fans in bars and alot of bars been playing guns also. Sorry for all those who aint seen the band before. Hope you's get the chance to see them again. I'm steaming drunk. Don't post much here but love this place. Reading all your posts helps my mental health as good banter. Take care all 🤘🏻

Have you started on the Buckfast yet? And change the lyrics singing along to Nightrain? We're on the Buckfast love that stuff, ready to crash and burn

18 minutes ago, Gold top 78 said:

Yep that’s what I’ve been thinking as well and ma wait would’ve been over 😞. I’m really hoping Axl recovers and something can get sorted out soon. 

Totally mate. I was thinking - I reckon it will be next summer as this gig was an ‘addition’ to the TRNSMT stage set-up I believe so stands to reason that something similar would happen in 2023 as TRNSMT will surely be happening then?

Just now, DTJ80 said:

Totally mate. I was thinking - I reckon it will be next summer as this gig was an ‘addition’ to the TRNSMT stage set-up I believe so stands to reason that something similar would happen in 2023 as TRNSMT will surely be happening then?

Probably looks like that’s what’ll happen though I’m not up to date with how plans are next summer regarding GNR/ SMKC. I was just thinking the other day how the first 2 postponements were probably a blessing given how Axl has seemed this leg.