07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

From instagram:

292144345_569097027922128_8716335915421722817_n.thumb.jpg.9bf881c48c20ee21a4096ecbae34eead.jpg

There's only 4 or 5 shows left on this tour right? Honestly wouldn't be surprising if they all get cancelled.

Yes, 5 shows left.. but 3 this upcoming week, and 2 spread out over next… it will be interesting to see where we go from here 

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Problem with cancelling shows is it will cost a fortune. Likely why Axl had a panic attack is a lot of people are relying on him to pull through. They will do everything to reschedule or do the shows, if it was as easy as packing up and going home then they would have already made that call. 

I have no idea how that stuff works, but I assume (especially after covid) if they cancel on short notice, they have a window to reschedule the shows without getting too fucked over?

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Problem with cancelling shows is it will cost a fortune. Likely why Axl had a panic attack is a lot of people are relying on him to pull through. They will do everything to reschedule or do the shows, if it was as easy as packing up and going home then they would have already made that call. 

If it’s a medical issue that causes the cancellations (if that’s what happens) Insurance will cover that issue I’m guessing. 

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I have no idea how that stuff works, but I assume (especially after covid) if they cancel on short notice, they have a window to reschedule the shows without getting too fucked over?

I’m sure there is a protocol for that, but i can only imagine the massive headaches it entails.

The first problem would be tickets, as there is probably a high percentage of people who won’t be able to go to the rescheduled dates, or need the money back now in this economy.. so you’d have to deal with refunds, and there were already rumors that this show didn’t sell well.. not sure about the others. 

holds on the venues are a bigger problem.. the dates are set months, maybe even years in advance. Trying to rectify that quickly and make sure there are local crew to work is another mess in and of itself.

routing the new dates is even sketchier. When would these rescheduled dates happen?? They are booked from now until December, with no word on how Axl’s voice is even holding up.. 

Essentially the promoter will take care of tickets, venue, and refunds. However, if the band isn’t able to fulfill their obligation then it ultimately cost them money. GNR has such a large production that if they schedule 14 shows overseas then they don’t make money until about show number 10. So with 5 shows left on this tour GNR will likely lose out on their profit shows, insurance can cover basic cost but overall it’s going to feel like they just did a leg of the tour for free. 

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m sure there is a protocol for that, but i can only imagine the massive headaches it entails.

The first problem would be tickets, as there is probably a high percentage of people who won’t be able to go to the rescheduled dates, or need the money back now in this economy.. so you’d have to deal with refunds, and there were already rumors that this show didn’t sell well.. not sure about the others. 

holds on the venues are a bigger problem.. the dates are set months, maybe even years in advance. Trying to rectify that quickly and make sure there are local crew to work is another mess in and of itself.

routing the new dates is even sketchier. When would these rescheduled dates happen?? They are booked from now until December, with no word on how Axl’s voice is even holding up.. 

If they reschedule I'm sure it would be for next summer, and they'd tack on another 5-10 shows to make the tour worth doing.

• Like 1

Axl is well aware of the cost of a cancellation these days. Even when he covered for ACDC one of the first things he mentioned was wanting to help Angus knowing the cost of canceling a tour; as well as the lawsuits involved. That was more for the love of the music for Axl, but for Angus it was a multi-million dollar save by Axl. 

In this situation it’s more about business than the love of the fans. The shows will be rescheduled, but I guarantee you they’d be done right now if they had their money secured. 

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Before the Dublin show there was that viral TikTok clip that made the rounds on Blabbermouth and the likes. That was really bad. Maybe Axl saw that and pushed himself too hard in Dublin, and then he blew his voice. That's just me speculating, of course, but it seems plausible.

These Tik Tok video was the Sweden show.

I'm just saying, but Glasgow Green is not a kind of venue where you reschedule shows on a whim... It's a public park, so organising an event like GnR concert is a military operation with council permits etc etc.

My guess is that this show is good as dead - sorry Scotland... Glad to be proven wrong though

3 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Do you guys think they would ever hire someone else to fill in? I think GNR without Axl would be stupid but would be curious if they’d dare to try it. Maybe Carrie Underwood or something. 

I think for GNR, Axl is such a big part of the draw where it is Axl or bust

• Like 1

That reminds me of what Pearl Jam did during their first leg of their US tour in the spring. Matt Cameron got Covid with 6 dates left in the tour.

How did they cope?

on the fly they got Josh Klinghoffer who has been touring with them to step in on drums for some songs, then one of their friends to step in for the rest of the songs. In the spirit of Pearl Jam and to keep things interesting, they pulled up a fan to play one song, and even had their original drummer Dave Krusen come in to play on songs he originally played drums on.

all of this is funny because throughout pearl jam’s history, they haven’t had a stable drummer… so this is par for the course.

as soon as Bass player Jeff Ament, who has been the only bass player in Pearl Jam history, caught Covid, they cancelled their last 2 dates…

everyone is expendable except core members haha

8 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I’m asking a question. I’ve said twice that I think it’s a stupid idea/move, am moreso curious if they’d have the balls to do it.

It’s not a matter of balls, it’s a matter of paper work I’m guessing? Axl owns the name GnR so I think he’s the only one who can’t be replaced. (Someone in the know can state the facts of this, as I’m not 100%) 

Carrie Underwood is the first person you thought of if it were to happen?

Just now, Powderfinger said:

It’s not a matter of balls, it’s a matter of paper work I’m guessing? Axl owns the name GnR so I think he’s the only one who can’t be replaced. (Someone in the know can state the facts of this, as I’m not 100%) 

Carrie Underwood is the first person you thought of if it were to happen?

I don’t want to see it, I would assume they would do it out of convenience/she’s already been talking with Axl.

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

everyone is expendable except core members haha

Wheres-Izzy.jpg?w=980&q=75

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I don’t want to see it, I would assume they would do it out of convenience/she’s already been talking with Axl.

Carrie Underwoods gonna sing “turn around bitch I got a use for you” for a few gigs yeah? Maybe she’ll want to bring back One in a million. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3