07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

Just now, 6lake sa66ath said:

To be fair, the couple of mainstream reviews I read for the London shows pointed any lack of enjoyment or blame squarely at the organisers and not Axl’s own abilities 

This. From an outsider's perspective, even the few reviews of these shows that mentioned the state of Axl's voice, they added the disclaimer that the horrible sound at the venue was likely a contributor. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'd have thought next summer too.....but another year, another summer Europe tour? Is there that demand? I can't see the folk of London rushing out to buy pricey tickets anytime soon in a hurry! 

By all accounts it sounds like bigger issues like Spurs ground plus Axls vocals. The Dublin gig was a cracker by all accounts just a week ago.

I really hope GNR make it here eventually….even if Scotland is the only UK stop.

• Like 1

as perfectionist as Axl is, I can't imagine his state of mind, his voice letting him down must be difficult and he is probably really pissed off

Edit; I bet, medias can't wait to tear him down, since its a funny thing to hate Axl Rose

Edited by Fanboy

The Use your Illusion tour was saved by Axl’s doctors and vocal coach. They literally cancelled gigs because his voice was messed up from singing over the PA and weren’t sure they’d continue. The important thing here is Axl is going to get a deep look at the state of his vocal chords from professionals. I’m sure it’s been a while since he’s had someone actually look at his vocal chords. I think in the past he’s put sore throats on being sick, but it’s likely it’s been a developing issue following AXL/DC. 

• Like 2

Just now, DTJ80 said:

By all accounts it sounds like bigger issues like Spurs ground plus Axls vocals. The Dublin gig was a cracker by all accounts just a week ago.

I really hope GNR make it here eventually….even if Scotland is the only UK stop.

I'm not sure the casual ticket buyer would see it like that though....they'd probably just think "that was expensive and a bit shit" and go watch whoever else is touring! 

I can't see them coming to Europe and not doing anything in England though...but is this touring just going to go on year after year? Much as certain elements might wish it to (a lot of people are making money out of them touring that wouldn't be making much otherwise) it seems that simple health and age are becoming an issue. 

That's where the major problem with GNR setting themselves up entirely as a touring revue and nothing else makes itself clear I think. 

And this isn’t an issue that is unique to Axl. Adele went on two tours and had to sit out over a year after vocal surgery because she messed hers up. It’s a sensitive instrument and with how much GNR have toured it’s shocking this hasn’t been a problem sooner. Likely Axl’s “Mickey” voice is what prolonged his career 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CAFC Nick said:

God you guys are so over the top. This is nothing like 2002.

Yep. This is more like 1992 when then postponed a bunch of shows on the Metallica tour because Axl blew his voice out in Giants Stadium. 

Now they just have to make sure the next show isint in Montreal

• Like 1

Just seeing some of the replies on the gigs in Scotland twitter account and they are shocking. Most of the either saying about the time of the cancellation or people saying Axl has probably thrown a hissy fit which is why they cancelled. It's fucking disgraceful imo. Axl seems like he wants to sound good again but he fucked himself up trying. He needs a break and hopefully when he comes back he'll be vocally strong and maybe even new music.

That's probably what axl wants he wants to lay down new vocals for songs or he heard how he sounds which he has tried to push. I noticed watching clips in groningen not to long ago his vocals sounding like he was forcing himself. He wants to sound really good and I hope he does but I don't want him to keep fucking up his voice every time he does

Edited by kingcanyon

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

Before the Dublin show there was that viral TikTok clip that made the rounds on Blabbermouth and the likes. That was really bad. Maybe Axl saw that and pushed himself too hard in Dublin, and then he blew his voice. That's just me speculating, of course, but it seems plausible.

Bloody TikTok….(this makes me sound like an old man shouting at clouds….) but it winds me up something rotten that folk get ‘famous’ out of shit like that.

10 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm not sure the casual ticket buyer would see it like that though....they'd probably just think "that was expensive and a bit shit" and go watch whoever else is touring! 

I can't see them coming to Europe and not doing anything in England though...but is this touring just going to go on year after year? Much as certain elements might wish it to (a lot of people are making money out of them touring that wouldn't be making much otherwise) it seems that simple health and age are becoming an issue. 

That's where the major problem with GNR setting themselves up entirely as a touring revue and nothing else makes itself clear I think. 

Well first let’s hope Axl gets it sorted (and doesn’t let his newfound fitness go to waste either). If this leads to a change in approach like we saw at the 2nd London gig then I’m all for it TBH….singing in a more comfortable manner has to be good for all parties.

If they are going to be off the road for a bit then a couple of new songs would be good to tide us over. I just hope it’s not the beginning of the end.

• Like 3

The guy is in the best shape that he has been in, in a long time. He obviously is trying his best to kick ass on this tour. Do people really think that it is just because he doesn't care and wants to cancel the show? If he needs rest, he needs rest, especially if it is because of his voice. I mean, he is a singer. People are so stupid and just like to bitch about anything.

Edited by Tourettes2400
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, kingcanyon said:

Just seeing some of the replies on the gigs in Scotland twitter account and they are shocking. Most of the either saying about the time of the cancellation or people saying Axl has probably thrown a hissy fit which is why they cancelled. It's fucking disgraceful imo. Axl seems like he wants to sound good again but he fucked himself up trying. He needs a break and hopefully when he comes back he'll be vocally strong and maybe even new music.

That's probably what axl wants he wants to lay down new vocals for songs or he heard how he sounds which he has tried to push. I noticed watching clips in groningen not to long ago his vocals sounding like he was forcing himself. He wants to sound really good and I hope he does but I don't want him to keep fucking up his voice every time he does

There is a total hatchet job already on The Scotsman website…..🤦‍♂️

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/guns-n-roses-glasgow-green-what-happened-at-the-london-gigs-and-is-the-glasgow-concert-cancelled-3755793

Some people are just thick as mince unfortunately and think this is the same band/Axl as 1992….RIOTS!!! HISSY FITS!!!

Im as gutted as the next person I won’t be there tomorrow….but what are you gonna do? 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DTJ80 said:

There is a total hatchet job already on The Scotsman website…..🤦‍♂️

https://www.scotsman.com/whats-on/arts-and-entertainment/guns-n-roses-glasgow-green-what-happened-at-the-london-gigs-and-is-the-glasgow-concert-cancelled-3755793

Some people are just thick as mince unfortunately and think this is the same band/Axl as 1992….RIOTS!!! HISSY FITS!!!

Im as gutted as the next person I won’t be there tomorrow….but what are you gonna do? 🤷🏼‍♂️

At least they will reschedule the show for the future and it will more than likely be a better show. It will give Axl the time he needs to get his throat and voice were it needs to be. 

• Like 1

It looks like Axl pushed himself too hard during this tour, the demanding setlists/song choices could've been one of the main contributors, but also deterioration of his vocal chords due to age/a lot of touring over last 6 years. I'm not gonna speculate about his vocal preparation (or supossedly lack thereof) for the tour, as there's no reliable info on that.

I was lucky enough to be at the show in Warsaw, which in retrospect, seems like the peak of this european stint.

Axl gave everything he had, I recommend everyone look at the performance of Shadow of Your Love, which was IMO 2016-level vocally from Axl.

Another example is the KOHD, specifically the last part when Axl sings "Knock knock knockin on heaven's door..." and the crowd responds. Play it back to back with that same part of Wembley '92 performance. Those 2 are not that far from each other, right ?! And we're talking 60-year old Axl here.

These are just 2 examples of Axl going super hard, to achieve certainly satysfying level of vocal performance for all of us.

They played that crazy 31/32 song setlist, and it seems like since then with every show the setlists only kept getting shorter. Definitely unusual (normally we see longer sets as the tour progresses, or when they reach a certain number of songs, they continue to keep it around this level).

Also by the Warsaw show they played only 2 shows a week, the week of Warsaw was the first week when they added a 3rd show.

Of course Warsaw was the longest, but like I said at the beginning, he's been pushing himself very hard for this entire leg.

Overall, here we are and it is what it is...

Edited by swirkh
  • Like 3

All these social media posts are fine and dandy but seriously, why the fuck is no one in the band, specifically Axl, writing a statement apologizing for cancelling? Do the thousands of fans who were going to go not deserve at least that? I hate how shady GNR management is, but also, this is on Axl, as he’s doing mini press releases on his social media before. Weird.

Im totally for him taking a break and healing up- I feel awful he’s damaged his chords and has anxiety right now, I just think the fans deserve to be in the loop.

Edited by AxlRoseCDII
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

All these social media posts are fine and dandy but seriously, why the fuck is no one in the band, specifically Axl, writing a statement apologizing for cancelling? Do the thousands of fans who were going to go not deserve at least that? I hate how shady GNR management is, but also, this is on Axl, as he’s doing mini press releases on his social media before. Weird.

Im totally for him taking a break and healing up- I feel awful he’s damaged his chords and has anxiety right now, I just think the fans deserve to be in the loop.

It's probably a bigger question of cancelling the rest of the dates in July, or just this one in Glasgow. The PR team is probably frantically dealing with that behind the scenes....

As some have already mentioned, It all really depends on how bad Axl has fucked up his voice. If it's a minor strain, i'm sure he can push himself through to Friday to continue the tour. We might get abridged sets, but at least the fire to finish the actual tour would be there, and we will remember how they made the best out of a shitty situation... 

If the problem is bigger, say he shot his voice and hes had a hard time speaking since the shows and his vocal chords have completely closed on him, or he's developed vocal chord Nodules, Polyps, or even something like a Cyst, the rest of the tour would have to be cancelled, with the rest of the year in jeopardy because Recovery time for that is usually 6-12 months of no talking.....   

Axl posting the picture of a cat might have been a comfort thing for him... all in all it really is a joke. A good PR team would have a show cancellation announcement at the ready, as well as a tour announcement..

Even Jarmo from HTGTH has made a statement on tomorrows cancellation :lol: 

• Like 3