07/05/22 - Glasgow, GB - Glasgow Green. To be rescheduled.

alfierose

I mean if we are strategically looking at this from a “what if…” perspective where you are financially trying to save this thing,  while also having a little fun with it;

cancel tomorrows gig, sure, start having Frank and 4tus learn VR stuff, fly Myles out literally tomorrow and have a fucking mini VR reunion set for the next 5 shows. Setlist half VR half GNR hits. Tell me you wouldn’t have at least SOME interest from people. 

tell me right now with the current state of this band endlessly touring the same shit over and over, the Euro fan base wouldn’t be like, oh shit lets go see what this is about. I gaurentee you with how professional Myles is, it would be less of a trainwreck then the current state of the band. And the band themselves could save the day. Don’t call it GNR. Give a refund if people want it. Whatever. Its weird times we’re living in, which call for weird answers to things.

we all know they will stay on the safe side though. At the end of the day I only forsee more dates getting cancelled and “rescheduled” than not 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, wyldie1978 said:

I totally understand the reasons but fk me .... the management should be releasing something along side ticketmaster ..... the PR side is rubbish.....just a statement is a minimum but an actual explanation from someone close the band or from the band would be good. 

Richard has been talking on his Facebook about it

Really feel for those who were going to the Glasgow gig. I was at the Saturday show and, whilst I was slightly disappointed by the shorter show and no NR, I thought the show was superb. Estranged in Axl’s lower register was amazing. I hope something gets sorted soon for the folks who’d booked the Glasgow gig. I fear the other shows scheduled for this week will follow the same course. 

Would be a perfect time for the band in an attempt to make up for peoples disappointment to release some new music.

I'm sorry for those of you who was planning to go the show, I can imagine your sadness. But I also imagine how serious it's gotta be with Axl's voice.

I hope he gets better <3 Hugs for Axl, hugs for you Gunners <3

Edited by Politania
  • Like 2
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

tell me right now with the current state of this band endlessly touring the same shit over and over, the Euro fan base wouldn’t be like, oh shit lets go see what this is about. I gaurentee you with how professional Myles is, it would be less of a trainwreck then the current state of the band. And the band themselves could save the day. Don’t call it GNR. Give a refund if people want it. Whatever. Its weird times we’re living in, which call for weird answers to things.

Some mad stuff in this thread. :D

Weird times tend NOT to call for weird answers, they call for normal answers. Assess the situation and see what can then be done. Until we know “the illness” there’s no point in daft answers. It could be fine in 2 days, it could be the end of the tour. It might just be postponed and filled after the next few gigs. Until you have information, you can’t have any answer. Just speculation. 

5 minutes ago, Dean said:
“I always check my facts”

Amusing

56083B32-98E4-485D-8050-4E6DE9E147CA.jpeg.8058155193c57458caacabcbe4cce964.jpeg

Sadly he is correct. 

They left it too late to cancel and people not be pissed.

I realise they were hoping they could perform the show but it’s left lots of regular people with big bills regarding travel & accommodation. 

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Sadly he is correct. 

I realise they were hoping they could perform the show but it’s left lots of regular people with big bills regarding travel & accommodation. 

The idiot is not correct. How is Axl a prima Donna after fighting through those bullshit concerts in London? He obviously tried everything to make it for Glasgow but it didn't work out. Fuck that douchebag complaining and calling out axl and I hope he never sees his money again

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's probably a bigger question of cancelling the rest of the dates in July, or just this one in Glasgow. The PR team is probably frantically dealing with that behind the scenes....

As some have already mentioned, It all really depends on how bad Axl has fucked up his voice. If it's a minor strain, i'm sure he can push himself through to Friday to continue the tour. We might get abridged sets, but at least the fire to finish the actual tour would be there, and we will remember how they made the best out of a shitty situation... 

If the problem is bigger, say he shot his voice and hes had a hard time speaking since the shows and his vocal chords have completely closed on him, or he's developed vocal chord Nodules, Polyps, or even something like a Cyst, the rest of the tour would have to be cancelled, with the rest of the year in jeopardy because Recovery time for that is usually 6-12 months of no talking.....   

Axl posting the picture of a cat might have been a comfort thing for him... all in all it really is a joke. A good PR team would have a show cancellation announcement at the ready, as well as a tour announcement..

Even Jarmo from HTGTH has made a statement on tomorrows cancellation :lol: 

It won’t have even been Axl making that post re his cat. For starters there was no Fns in it. 🤣

Just now, Stay.Of.Execution said:

The idiot is not correct. How is Axl a prima Donna after fighting through those bullshit concerts in London? He obviously tried everything to make it for Glasgow but it didn't work out. Fuck that douchebag complaining and calling out axl and I hope he never sees his money again

He probably saw a doctor the day after London shows who probably strongly advised not to sing until they can investigate/ease off it. Some artist battle through regardless but run the risk if forever destroying their voice. Given guns are still capable of filling out moderately large stadiums in many places seems like thats not a risk worth taking.

They probably would only have been told this yesterday so not much likely could have been done regarding timing, even if it does such.

4 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Sadly he is correct. 

At that level of show, I’m guessing a lot of boxes need to be ticked off before they can make a formal announcement. I’d imagine Axl would have been doing everything possible to ensure he was fit to perform until it looked as if it wasn’t possible. Worst case scenario, refunds will be possible on tickets and it’ll be up to them to liaise with accommodation that they booked to try and arrange for the stay to be moved to coincide with the rescheduled date.

24 minutes ago, Dean said:
“I always check my facts”

Amusing

56083B32-98E4-485D-8050-4E6DE9E147CA.jpeg.8058155193c57458caacabcbe4cce964.jpeg

Not believing the MSM...

Sat with the news on. Peter Sissons running a story about Axl being unwell and having doctor's orders not to perform.

"Lot of shite that. Don't believe it at all."

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

YEP! :thumbsup:I understand that someone may be upset that there will be no concert and that he will lose money for the hotel and transport. ok i understand that but you always have to take into account the risk of something going wrong; either they cancel the concert, or someone gets sick, or you just won't be able to go to it. the risk must always be included in the costs incurred.  the guy is sick.. Even if they canceled this concert, for example an hour after the concert in London, no one would get in any way  a refund for the hotel or airline tickets, because it would be already too late.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1