Report/Rumor: Rock in Rio 2022

11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

https://whiplash.net/materias/news_727/334539-gunsnroses.html

Not 100% confirmed yet, of course, but looks like it’s happening. The festival is scheduled for September btw.

Thoughts?

I hope this will not be a disaster in Rio again, I hope it will look more like the one from 1991 with many new songs from the new album. :axl:

• GNFNR 1

José Norberto is a reliable source, when he says it's going to happen, it's going to happen, unless a lot of shit happens. He also said that they're going on the 2nd week (8, 9, 10 and 11 September), so, it's hard to tell if it's going to be the start of an south american tour or not. 

I can tell you guys, i've been to more than 50 concerts here in São Paulo and it always happens September to October, no way it happens in August, i don't know why, maybe weather or something like that, but outdoors concerts never happened here in August. So Rock in Rio seems to be their first or one the first stops here in South American Tour 2022.

Edited by FabioRoses
  • Like 1

RIR 1991: great cause it was the start of UYI, bad cause of tech issues

RIR 2001: great cause it was the (public) start of CD, bad because of Axl’s voice (lit was decent in hindsight though)

RIR 2006: Axl’s voice was getting better again (still not as great as it would be later in that tour leg), but there were sound issues again

RIR 2011: great cause we finally got estranged back, bad because LITERALLY EVERY FUCKIN OTHER ASPECT IMAGINABLE

RIR 2017: A joke…

let’s see what 2022 brings, I guess.

Edited by rocknroll41

2 hours ago, FabioRoses said:

José Norberto is a reliable source, when he says it's going to happen, it's going to happen, unless a lot of shit happens. He also said that they're going on the 2nd week (8, 9, 10 and 11 September), so, it's hard to tell if it's going to be the start of an south american tour or not. 

Indeed. Like I said in another thread, this guy José Norberto is working now for some friends of mine, he has pretty good history of scoops about GNR playing in Brazil. He is as reliable as a possible in this subject.

But this isn't exactly a wild prediction either. 

1 hour ago, TheGeneral said:

RIR is cursed. Those pro-shots always have incredibly shitty sound-quality, doesn't matter what band it is.

I can't agree more. It's valid for the 2006 Portugal edition too. 

• Like 1