Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

also, at the time matthew was written, there was no bible.

it was, back then, just a piece of text. It was preserved till this day because it was picked up for inclusion in the bible, among other ancient texts which are, arguably, full of shocking displays of whisdom

only a fool would dismiss all of that as "religious bollox"

there isn't an equivalent modern text of anything remotely of the same level. People were much smarter back then, than they are today. Frankly, people today are fucking stupid.

Edited by action
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, action said:

oh, absolutely. I agree with you, that it was important to quell fear at that time. It is the empathic / philosophical thing to do. 

it wasn't, by any means, a scientific statement though. And I told you then, during the initial discussion: absence of scientific data. Experts can't make scientifically sound statements yet. But you wouldn't want to hear about that. You kept referring to a supposed "scientific consensus" at a time when there was barely any data.

While that was, I repeat, an empathic thing to say in order to quell fear, it was also speculation, and not scientifically sound. The message itself was communicated "by" scientists, but it wasn't a scientific statement. Yet, the public accepted it as such, as the scientific truth. Because people are stupid and too trustworthy of scientists. To this very day, no less.

There was a lot of data already from the very beginning. It was quickly concluded what type of virus we were faced with and the entire sequences was shared by Chinese scientists early then. What wasn't known though, were details on how deadly it was and how efficiently it spread (or even how). Still, based on what data that was available and comparative data, epidemiologists were able to build theories that guided politicians' decisions early on. Some turned out to be accurate, some were revised, and some were discarded. 

1 minute ago, action said:

no

and you haven't answered my question, so I take that as a yes

I didn’t take your question seriously because it was coming from a man in his 40s who has spent so much time on another GnR forum talking shit about this forum, its posters and moderators, and now spends almost every day on this forum trying to convince people how smart he is. Honestly, if this place is so awful as you have pointed out so many times at that other forum, why are you posting here every day?

38 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I didn’t take your question seriously because it was coming from a man in his 40s who has spent so much time on another GnR forum talking shit about this forum, its posters and moderators, and now spends almost every day on this forum trying to convince people how smart he is. Honestly, if this place is so awful as you have pointed out so many times at that other forum, why are you posting here every day?

sorry mate, too busy spending time with my wife and son, preparing christmass, having a good time, to worry about your negative vibes.

I've had it all worked out in my life. I've absolutely, and utterly, achieved any goal I had ever set for myself; professionally as well as privately. I've got academic grades, a house of my own, my own office at work, wife and kid, a library stacked with books from the floor to the ceiling (most of which I've read), I can play the guitar, I can paint oil paintings, I'm a writer, I got the gold medal at a military contest, I can legally ride a motorcycle, in short I couldn't possibly be more confident about myself.

I'm sorry if that would make you jealous, since in the past you have told me that my success "makes you sick". But still, merry christmass EvanG :)

33 minutes ago, action said:

sorry mate, too busy spending time with my wife and son, preparing christmass, having a good time, to worry about your negative vibes.

I've had it all worked out in my life. I've absolutely, and utterly, achieved any goal I had ever set for myself; professionally as well as privately. I've got academic grades, a house of my own, my own office at work, wife and kid, a library stacked with books from the floor to the ceiling (most of which I've read), I can play the guitar, I can paint oil paintings, I'm a writer, I got the gold medal at a military contest, I can legally ride a motorcycle, in short I couldn't possibly be more confident about myself.

I'm sorry if that would make you jealous, since in the past you have told me that my success "makes you sick". But still, merry christmass EvanG :)

Wow… what a long post, what does this have to do with anything? Nor have I said such a thing about you making me sick. If anything, your utter stupidity makes me laugh most of the time. Kudos for that, I guess.
Btw, you didn’t answer my question, if you dislike the people here so much as you’ve said so very many times, why are you posting your nonsense on here and visiting this place every day? Trolling maybe?

Edited by EvanG

8 hours ago, EvanG said:

Wow… what a long post, what does this have to do with anything? Nor have I said such a thing about you making me sick. If anything, your utter stupidity makes me laugh most of the time. Kudos for that, I guess.
Btw, you didn’t answer my question, if you dislike the people here so much as you’ve said so very many times, why are you posting your nonsense on here and visiting this place every day? Trolling maybe?

yes you did :lol: I remember it clear as day, as it was the first time I had the pleasure to encounter mr EvanG on this board.

I was telling something about my family, and out of nowhere you went "oooh so you have a wife, YOU MAKE ME SICK!!"

I thought, who is this sad loser, lol

so, fuck off with your question. respect's gotta be earned kid

Edited by action

52 minutes ago, action said:

yes you did :lol: I remember it clear as day, as it was the first time I had the pleasure to encounter mr EvanG on this board.

I was telling something about my family, and out of nowhere you went "oooh so you have a wife, YOU MAKE ME SICK!!"

I thought, who is this sad loser, lol

so, fuck off with your question. respect's gotta be earned kid

Can you quote me on that? I bet you can't. I can be jealous of a lot of things, but some 40 something year old man child who spends so much time talking shit on a GnR fan forum about another fan forum? Uhm... no.

Funny how you always make such long posts, but when someone asks you a simple, straight forward question, you can never answer. Says a lot about you, I suppose.

Now go spend time with your wife and child and all your other grand achievements, you little troll.

33 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Can you quote me on that? I bet you can't. I can be jealous of a lot of things, but some 40 something year old man child who spends so much time talking shit on a GnR fan forum about another fan forum? Uhm... no.

Funny how you always make such long posts, but when someone asks you a simple, straight forward question, you can never answer. Says a lot about you, I suppose.

Now go spend time with your wife and child and all your other grand achievements, you little troll.

I can not quote that post, so you win. I remember it clear as day though. You were probably drunk when you posted that, and seem to have forgotten. Or embarrassed, I dont know.

You were an ass, litterally from the first thing you posted at me. And you're still an ass. And yes, you are jealous of me. That "you make me sick!!" remark is a dead giveaway, and was very telling about the jealous, spitefull human being you are 

Yes, I'll spend time with my family, good idea. Now, crawl back in your hole

9 minutes ago, action said:

I can not quote that post, so you win. I remember it clear as day though. You were probably drunk when you posted that, and seem to have forgotten. Or embarrassed, I dont know.

You were an ass, litterally from the first thing you posted at me. And you're still an ass. And yes, you are jealous of me. That "you make me sick!!" remark is a dead giveaway, and was very telling about the jealous, spitefull human being you are 

Yes, I'll spend time with my family, good idea. Now, crawl back in your hole

It's funny you think that a stranger on the internet would be jealous of you for being married.
You seem to be quite edgy now, I must have hit a nerve!
Besides all the moderators and SoulMonster you constantly bitch about on the gnfnr forum, are you going to talk shit about me too now?
I have to confess, I am a bit upset that you haven't mentioned me, seeing as I am such a jealous and spiteful human being according to you.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, EvanG said:

It's funny you think that a stranger on the internet would be jealous of you for being married.
You seem to be quite edgy now, I must have hit a nerve!
Besides all the moderators and SoulMonster you constantly bitch about on the gnfnr forum, are you going to talk shit about me too now?
I have to confess, I am a bit upset that you haven't mentioned me, seeing as I am such a jealous and spiteful human being according to you.

b033496b2a4c68760beda58099451680b03ffd78

• GNFNR 1

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

Oh yeah...action's got a wife!

:lol: Just joking around of course.

I haven't been keeping track of the discussion but you could cut the tension with a knife lol. It's a busy stressful time of year afterall.

I have a wife, who looks like meghan markle

My goodness @EvanG what is going on with you? There may be some mean-spirited people on here, but I wouldn’t have pegged you for one! And as far as calling someone out for being on this forum they supposedly hate, you are obviously going to whatever other one you are talking about, just to spy or something I guess, in order to call them out here? Doesn’t seem very nice to me, but hey, what do I know. 

As for Covid, I don’t know whether it was the vax, or the virus that I did catch, or all the mask wearing or a combination of it all ..but my immune system has never been worse. Going to have to work hard to try and build it back up again. I wonder if anyone else has noticed anything similar. 

Edited by Whiskey Rose

19 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

As for Covid, I don’t know whether it was the vax, or the virus that I did catch, or all the mask wearing or a combination of it all ..but my immune system has never been worse. Going to have to work hard to try and build it back up again. I wonder if anyone else has noticed anything similar. 

it is my experience, that people around me certainly seem more susceptible to viruses and diseases. All of them were vaccinated. No surprise, as most people got vaccinated.

it's difficult to say something about the "non-vaccinated" group since they are so few and scattered. But for me personally, not having received the vax, and neither did my wife or kid, the three of us have not been sick during these last 2 years. Well, that's not entirely correct since I did catch covid pretty early on, was very sick at home for 4 days, but have not been sick ever since with covid or anything else, and neither did my kid and wife.

I'm sure, that when three unvaxxinated people live in the same household, and neither of them are immunity compromised, then I'd guess that's too significant to be mere coincidence.

if there is one thing that is crystal clear, it's that we need to make up our own minds, follow our instincts, and use the intellect we all received at birth. And don't trust anyone, least of all the government.

just my two cents

44 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

It is clear that having socially distanced ourselves for a long time, our immune systems have not been exposed to many of the circulating diseases and hence we get them now.

50 minutes ago, Whiskey Rose said:

My goodness @EvanG what is going on with you? There may be some mean-spirited people on here, but I wouldn’t have pegged you for one! And as far as calling someone out for being on this forum they supposedly hate, you are obviously going to whatever other one you are talking about, just to spy or something I guess, in order to call them out here? Doesn’t seem very nice to me, but hey, what do I know.

Exactly, what do you know? Not much it seems. I read a lot of GnR forums, so where does this ''spying'' nonsense come from? When Action said that I appear to have a negative aura around me, which was kinda funny to be honest, I couldn't help but think about all the negativity and insults towards this board and its posters he constantly expressed on other GnR forums. I thought it was quite ironic to see him of all people make such a comment. So asking him why he is here if he has such a problem with this forum, is a fair question. Very fair it seems, because he can't even seem to answer it. Maybe because he's a troll? I really don't know. If you bothered to read this forum, you would have known that Action has had ''issues'' with a lot of posters on here. Not just me. But good for you to stick up for him. Congratulations.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Exactly, what do you know? Not much it seems. I read a lot of GnR forums, so where does this ''spying'' nonsense come from? When Action said that I appear to have a negative aura around me, which was kinda funny to be honest, I couldn't help but think about all the negativity and insults towards this board and its posters he constantly expressed on other GnR forums. I thought it was quite ironic to see him of all people make such a comment. So asking him why he is here if he has such a problem with this forum, is a fair question. Very fair it seems, because he can't even seem to answer it. Maybe because he's a troll? I really don't know. If you bothered to read this forum, you would have known that Action has had ''issues'' with a lot of posters on here. Not just me. But good for you to stick up for him. Congratulations.

keep making this place better, @EvanG

smoke them all out, the trolls you find on other fora

Just now, EvanG said:

Shouldn't you be insulting me and everyone else on here that you don't like, on another GnR forum?

wait, I'm confused.

can you specify who I should insult, where, and on what grounds?

The information should be in the notes you are keeping on me and my posting style.