12/03/22 - Melbourne, AU - Melbourne Cricket Ground

alfierose

• 6 months later...
7 hours ago, cineater said:

What is Cricket Ground?  I'm assuming the sport is played there but is it different from other sports arenas?

Just an oval-shaped playing field stadium instead of rectangular. All the Australian shows have been played on the same type of stadiums.

Here’s a photo from the 2017 show at the same venue.

• Like 2

Well it's a hot day at the G. But those two opening acts sucked. Pub bands at best and don't belong opening for Gunners. Been to many Gunners concerts in the past here and they have to be the worst opening acts I have seen. Didn't pump up the crowd at all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Aaron P said:

Well it's a hot day at the G. But those two opening acts sucked. Pub bands at best and don't belong opening for Gunners. Been to many Gunners concerts in the past here and they have to be the worst opening acts I have seen. Didn't pump up the crowd at all.

2017s openers were much better for sure

23 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

God. I really wish Axl would just use his lower register often. What was the show where he did that???

He only did that because he fucked his voice singing horribly and couldn't sing as horrible as he usually does, lol. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Aaron P said:

Oh boy Axl stopped You could be mine due to a spotlight. That was fun. Angry Axl rant!

thanks for letting us know! Can't wait to see that on playback :D

---

also someone is streaming: https://www.facebook.com/sangam.shrestha.319/videos/1346193259542743/  edit: just a short one, of You Could Be Mine, but not early enough for the Axl rant

edit: https://www.facebook.com/themelanierivett/videos/704040781350364/  has the spotlight rant :O

Edited by BucketEgg

At the venue and on the floor. Can barely see anyone on stage as there are no spotlights. It was already bad and then the one that actually seemed to be on was shut off once Axl stopped YCBM to rant.

Other that, sound is shit but Axl is much better than the 2017 show. Gone from a. slash show to co-billing today.

And yes, reception is shit.

• Like 1