Best 93 skin n bones concert?

I'd say 1993-03-16 in Augusta, 1993-04-21 in Guadalajara, 1993-06-08 in Copenhagen, 1993-06-18 in Bremen or 1993-07-09 in Lyon. 

Sadly many of these haven't got great sounding recordings, especially Augusta which is a really interesting and awesome gig but the audio is REALLY bad. Bremen however has a great sounding recording so check that out. :)

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Swedish said:

I'd say 1993-03-16 in Augusta, 1993-04-21 in Guadalajara, 1993-06-08 in Copenhagen, 1993-06-18 in Bremen or 1993-07-09 in Lyon. 

Sadly many of these haven't got great sounding recordings, especially Augusta which is a really interesting and awesome gig but the audio is REALLY bad. Bremen however has a great sounding recording so check that out. :)

Thanks! What's the best source for audio/video quality available for each (every) gig?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jaknudsen said:

Thanks! What's the best source for audio/video quality available for each (every) gig?

When it comes to audio for the Augusta and the Guadalajara shows I'd go with their respective master edits made by @Nikki_Sixx. The Augusta show is incomplete though. The Copenhagen gig got a 2nd generation upgrade last year by Mats L which, as far as I know, is the best circulating version of that show. For Bremen I'd go with the 1st gen recording made by Huizinga and edited by Mats L and Nikki, and finally, for Lyon there is only one version as far as I'm aware so go with that one :)

As for video bootlegs, I'm not the guy to ask there. I mostly collect audio recordings :)

1 hour ago, ssiscool said:

Paris 13/07/93 blows paris 92 out of the water. Do yourself a favor and watch Jungle from that show

1993 in general is an easier listen vocally than 1991-92. Axl had better control of his voice and it didn't sound like nails on a chalkboard rasp but a much smoother sound.

8 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I know they Boston show I saw this tour was the best show I have ever been to in my life...

Yeah I thought they played Boston in 93, there was a good video boot of that about. Maybe it was an audio. It’s been years since I heard it but they sounded killer that night. (Time to look this one up) 

Lucky man to have been there. We were all lucky back then, we saw the best at their best. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah man... St. Patrick's Day.. People in Boston were partying all day.. A bottle was thrown on stage and Axl left for about 30 minutes after the third song.. The place was literally about to erupt.. His old body guard Earl addressed the crowd and told everyone to chill. The turned the lights on and we waited.. During that time Earl walked right behind my aisle and being the uber Guns fan I was,  I knew who he was and called him out by name, shook his hand and probably said a bunch of dumb shit.. He must have been like wtf?? Axl finally came out and everyone started booing.. He asked if the booing was for him and I thought it was over.. He then went on a little rant about the bottle and shit then they played the Garden.. That in itself was cool because it was at the old Boston Garden.. They proceeded to kick our ass for the rest of the night.. Never felt so much energy in one building. Reckless Life and a bit of Cornshucker were played. 

Random memory but before the show at a bar,  I remember trading some weed for a little line or something (I was like 18) and while I was doing it in the bathroom a little white wannabe rapper sang/rapped  Garden of Eden in its entirety while he was in line.. And it was awesome haha

man what a review!!!! amazing now i want to hear a good bottleg of that nighT!!!! epic shit right there 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, darkside259 said:

man what a review!!!! amazing now i want to hear a good bottleg of that nighT!!!! epic shit right there 

For Boston 1993 (audio), check out the St Patrick's Day Massacre bootleg, an Aces High production: https://www.discogs.com/release/8934500-Guns-N-Roses-St-Patricks-Days-Massacre

I have it somewhere in my boots drawers if needed, but I'm sure one of my fellow bootleggers around here can share it too.

• Thanks 1

On 10/22/2022 at 6:17 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah man... St. Patrick's Day.. People in Boston were partying all day.. A bottle was thrown on stage and Axl left for about 30 minutes after the third song.. The place was literally about to erupt.. His old body guard Earl addressed the crowd and told everyone to chill. They turned the lights on and we waited.. During that time Earl walked right behind my aisle and being the uber Guns fan I was,  I knew who he was and called him out by name, shook his hand and probably said a bunch of dumb shit.. He must have been like wtf?? Axl finally came out and everyone started booing.. He asked if the booing was for him and I thought it was over.. He then went on a little rant about the bottle and shit then they played the Garden.. That in itself was cool because it was at the old Boston Garden.. They proceeded to kick our ass for the rest of the night.. Never felt so much energy in one building. Reckless Life and a bit of Cornshucker were played. 

Random memory but before the show at a bar,  I remember trading some weed for a little line or something (I was like 18) and while I was doing it in the bathroom a little white wannabe rapper sang/rapped  Garden of Eden in its entirety while he was in line.. And it was awesome haha

Those concerts were awesome, you feel the rage, the danger in the room...the Energy I imagine were through the roof

• Like 1