How the UYI deluxe versions should have been

I, and other people believe that the deluxe versions of the remaster should have had a second disc that is a live version of each of the songs off that album but Live. Since they didn't want to release any demos what live versions and other songs would people have wanted included on the record? Lets say your version would have to be as many songs as the original album, so 16 for 1 and 14 for 2, including some bonus stuff like the Paris songs with guests, dead flowers, and other covers/live rarities played on the UYI tour to make up for the songs off the albums that were never played live like Don't Damn Me, Shotgun Blues, Get In The Ring and My World. 

Side 1:

UYI I (original)

Side 2:

UYI II (original)

Side 3:

UYI I remixed 

Side 4

UYI II remixed

Side 5

Demos - Mates Rehearsals, all 1987-1991 demos mastered

Side 6: 
Live: Indiana 1991 & Ritz 1991

Side 8: Las Vegas and Paris 1992

Side 9: Canada and Argentina 1993

Blu Rays: Ritz 1991, Indiana 1991, Paris 1992, Chicago 1992, Canada 1993, Argentina 1993 

Bonus features: Farm Aid 1990 remastered, interviews and news footage of band shot between 90-93

• Like 1

my perfect version would be 

a 3 concerts on blue ray or 1080 p from each year 91, 92, 93

5 shows on audio bootlegs full quality and mixed

all the officials videoclips remastered and with the making off extended full blueray 

the albums remastered and mixed by the guys who s supposed to do that

and an addicional disc with alt veriosns like the 14 years extended or the raws verisons slash said

• Like 1

1 hour ago, megaguns1982 said:

A demo of you could be mine would have been nice, if it exists….

at this point I think if a demo of you could be mine (with Steven) existed (or still existed) it’d have shown up by now. It’s very possible that a demo DID exist, but does no longer, or that no demos ever existed, just rough rehearsal tapes which have been lost to time.

We only have the Mates Rehearsal of 1989 in a recorded form which demonstrates the AFD band working on new material, and YCBM isn’t one of those songs.

Edited by AxlRQ93

15 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

at this point I think if a demo of you could be mine (with Steven) existed (or still existed) it’d have shown up by now. It’s very possible that a demo DID exist, but does no longer, or that no demos ever existed, just rough rehearsal tapes which have been lost to time.

We only have the Mates Rehearsal of 1989 in a recorded form which demonstrates the AFD band working on new material, and YCBM isn’t one of those songs.

I don't really care to hear the Steven version of YCBM, I have heard him play the song and it simply isn't as good as what Matt played. The song does date back to Steven though obviously, just like many of the songs on UYI. 

It is confusing though because Niven (or whoever) did say all that stuff about persuading GNR to hold back YCBM and some other song for the follow up album...which kinda made the suggestion that they may have recorded it? but I'm guessing is that they had discussed recording it and it never went further.

30 minutes ago, AxlRQ93 said:

There was a journalist in the UK whom GNR played a demo of YCBM for back in 87 on their boombox when GNR were there playing the Marquee.

Chances are also YCBM was also on the Mates rehearsal tapes, the full ones are not in circulation so we don't know. Years ago that hardcore GNR collector Kevin who was on GNR centrals podcasts talked about that he has them, and I remember he said there is stuff on there that's not out there like them also rehearsing Bad Apples and Coma (with Steven obviously, this being 89) aswell as some unknown songs.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 1

The 1987 YCBM demo, if it exists (meaning if it's in the band's/label's possession) should have been on the AFD box set (similarly to November Rain and other early demos of tracks that ended up on UYI).

According to an interview with Matt from 1991, at the time he joined they had done about 4-5 songs with Steven, including Civil War. I suppose Matt was talking about demos and completed recordings (in the case of Civil War), not rehearsals - unless he meant the demos of Don't Cry etc. from the pre-AFD and AFD sessions.

• Like 2

Fn demos and outtakes from UYI Sessions. Diferent vocal and band takes from the uyi songs and unknown ones.

Remastered and remixed albums. 

More bluray shows. 1 per year at least. 91-92-93.

Digital copy available for download with a code number like the metallica boxset.

At least some of these should've been included:

Locomotive - MSG 1991 3rd night
Breakdown - MSG 1991 3rd night
Live And Let Die - Orchard Park 1992
Don't Cry (Alt.) - Prague 1992
Back Off Bitch - Toronto 1991 1st night
Garden Of Eden - Austin 1993
Coma - Tokyo 1992 1st night
Knockin' On Heaven's Door (w/ Brian May) - Paris 1993
Out Ta Get Me - Noblesville 1991 1st night
You're Crazy (w/ Sebastian Bach) - Toronto 1991 1st night
Reckless Life - Boston 1993

• Like 1

I quite like what's included in the box, however I would've enjoyed some demos and another full show. A show we don't already have in soundboard and pro-shot that is, I don't understand why people want e.g. Indiana '91 or Chicago '92 included when we already have those in fairly good quality. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, gavgnr said:

Personally, I just wanted to hear the clearmount mixes 

Ditto - that’s what I really wanted from this too.

I do wonder if they decided not to include all the demos/rehearsals officially because there is so much available online that many fans already have in pretty much great quality.