Your favorite Guns N'Roses Albums? πŸ˜ƒ

22 minutes ago, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

We don't exactly have many to choose from lolΒ 

They picked some absolutely garbage songs to cover lmao don't know what they were thinking with most of the choicesΒ 

Yep, I don't like any of the songs from The Spaghetti Incident. And them covering a song from Charles Manson himself was creepy, disturbing and a big no no. πŸ™„πŸ˜’

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Use Your Illusion II

3) Appetite for Destruction

4) Use Your Illusion I

5) the bunch of outtakes that have come out of the Chinese democracy sessions that didn't make it into Chinese SoG, Perhaps, Going Down, Atlas Shrugged, Oh My God, SilkWorms, Hardschool, Tommy Demmo N1, Eye On You, CitR with May, the Brain Mixes, etc.

6) Lies

7) Live Era

8) Appetite for DemocracyΒ 

9) Greatest Hits

10) TSI

3 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Β 

TSI could've been a really good EP, there's some good songs and the production is great. Ain't It Fun is one of Slash's finest moments, his tone is fantastic on that.

Totally agree, even though it's a cover, his tone/interuptation is incredible on AIF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Totally agree, even though it's a cover, his tone/interuptation is incredible on AIF

Massive fan of TSI since its release. Axl's vocals are brilliant throughout as well, Human Being in particular.Β 

Love Slashs tone and playing on the album too.Β 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hudsonsaul said:

Massive fan of TSI since its release. Axl's vocals are brilliant throughout as well, Human Being in particular.Β 

Love Slashs tone and playing on the album too.Β 

I'm listening to Human Being right now just as you posted this post. 😏 Is that coincidence or ironic? πŸ˜πŸ€”

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Damn you guys giving high praise to The Spaghetti Incident got me to willingly listen to The Spaghetti Incident again and give it another try! 🀣 Damn you guys! 🀣

Β Well, I finished listening to The Spaghetti Incident and it was not as bad as I remember it being. It's actually a solid album too. In fact, it might be better than Lies Album like multiple people pointed out on this thread. I listened to the entire Lies Album too just a couple of minutes ago. Lies still seems off to me whereas The Spaghetti Incident grew on me. There are only a couple of songs I don't like on The Spaghetti Incident whereas Lies I only like two songs on it. So The Spaghetti Incident is better than Lies Album IMHO.Β 

Edited by Karice

I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that I had insomnia when I first listened to The Spaghetti Incident? And didn't really give it a fair shake. I remember it being god awful.Β  Listened to itΒ  again wide awake, and it's a really good album. πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒ Axl bleating like a sheep at the very end of Down On The Farm is hilarious and something I didn't know I needed to hear! πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ It kept me laughing at my job! πŸ€£πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ I just laughed right now as I write this, thinking of Axl's "Baa!" πŸ˜πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£

Β 

If I Don't Have You is one of the best Guns N'Roses songs and I usually don't like their ballads. It's enthralling, captivating, soothing, good.Β 

Edited by Karice

On 11/5/2022 at 6:25 PM, SoNobodyToldYaBaby said:

We don't exactly have many to choose from lolΒ 

They picked some absolutely garbage songs to cover lmao don't know what they were thinking with most of the choicesΒ 

I think a lot of the album was Duff’s inspirations I think he talked about it a bit in his bookΒ 

3 hours ago, baldek said:

Putting Chinese Democracy as the favourite GN'R album is the modern equivalent to glueing hands to roads to make a statement.Β 

To answer the question, it really depends on the mood but generally it's UYI II.

In the Poster who chose Chinese Democracy as his favorite Guns N'Roses Album, Axl's voice had matured a lot and he sounded like a grown and mature man rather than the angsty, rebellious, wild, reckless,Β  teen vibe he was doing during the Appetite For Destruction Album

3 hours ago, Spaghetti4twenty said:

I guess at the end of the day it isn't a gnr album.Β 

its betterΒ 

That's a whole other debate/topic. It's got Axl. It's got Dizzy who whilst not being an original band member has been there longer than anyone except Axl. And whether or not some agree with it, it did come out under the GN'R name.

It's not my favourite Guns album. But if you forget how long it took to make and who from the old band isn't on it, it's actually a pretty decent album.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunner Gilby said:

That's a whole other debate/topic. It's got Axl. It's got Dizzy who whilst not being an original band member has been there longer than anyone except Axl. And whether or not some agree with it, it did come out under the GN'R name.

It's not my favourite Guns album. But if you forget how long it took to make and who from the old band isn't on it, it's actually a pretty decent album.

Yep, CD is a good album. πŸ˜ƒ It's better than Lies that's for sure.Β