Your favorite Guns N'Roses Albums? 😃

My favorite Guns N'Roses Albums are Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusions Part 1 Album. 😃 These are two solid albums from them and the best in my opinion. 😃  I love fast paced songs that can make me get up and dance and Appetite and Illusions Part 1 are songs like that. Only three songs on Illusions Part 1, Coma, November Rain, Don't Cry part 1 are melancholy and should have been on Part 2. 

What about you? 😃 What are your favorite Guns N'Roses Albums? 😃

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

1) Chinese Democracy

2) Appetite for Destruction

3) Use Your Ilusion I

4) Use Your Illusion II

5) GN'R Lies

6) "The Spaghetti Incident?"

You prefer Chinese Democracy over Appetite For Destruction?🤔 I think you're the only GNR Fan who prefers Chinese Democracy over Appetite For Destruction. For me, basically every song on AFD could have been a standalone hit(The only song on AFD I truly don't like is My Michelle) but with Chinese Democracy, I feel only about half the songs on Chinese Democracy could have been standalone hits (IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, There Was A Time, Sorry). 

Edited by Karice
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Karice said:

You prefer Chinese Democracy over Appetite For Destruction?🤔 I think you're the only GNR Fan who prefers Chinese Democracy over Appetite For Destruction. For me, basically every song on AFD could have been a standalone hit(The only song on AFD I truly don't like is My Michelle) but with Chinese Democracy, I feel only about half the songs on Chinese Democracy could have been standalone hits (IRS, Better, Chinese Democracy, There Was A Time, Sorry). 

That's just personal preference. My favourite guitarists are Robin and Bucket and that's how I chose CD as my favourite.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ToonGuns said:

Not really a huge body of work to choose my “favourites”!!!

In order, Probably:

UYI I

UYI II

AFD

CD

TSI

Lies

The top 4 are in no order / all interchangeable. Big drop away for SI and Lies.

I also don't like Lies all that much. I only really  like Reckless Life and Move To The City (Reckless Life and Move To The City  should have been AFD Songs). Also, it's one of their worst albums Singles wise. Only Patience even charted. One In A Million is a huge mess. The entire album as a whole seems off. But that's forgiveable as it's only  their Sophomore Album. There are lots of Sophomore Albums that are let downs after great Debuts. Use Your Illusions Part 1 and 2 is when GNR really found their way back. Although I personally don't like the melancholy feeling of Use Your Illusions Part 2, it's a solid album and much better than Lies. The Spaghetti Incident? Is just an inexcusable mess. I literally don't like ANY of The Spaghetti Incident? Songs.  The Spaghetti Album is a bad album and them paying homage to Charles Manson is a huge no no. 

Chinese Democracy is a solid album and showed how much Axl had grown and matured since AFD(He sounded like a mature man on Chinese Democracy whereas he sounded more like some angsty, rebellious, reckless hellion on AFD,  but Chinese Democracy was way too long in the making. Should have been released in 1998 and not 2008. Also, Axl should have released it under Axl Rose and not Guns N'Roses because that's basically what it is anyways. Axl singing with some random musicians. Axl is literally the only original Gunner on Chinese Democracy. Steven had long been fired, Duff, Izzy, and Slash had jumped ship on their own in the 90's. So Axl was literally the only original Gunner left. It would have done better had it been released in 1998 and Axl Rose was credited as the sole Person on the album cover. 

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Do people consider Lies an album or an EP? It was only 3 new songs and was meant as a kind of stopgap between AFD and the next album...

AFD, UYI I and CD are my top 3, and they're interchangeable. Then UYI II > Lies > TSI.

I have read Lies is an EP which is probably why it seems off to me. Lies is off to me, Spaghetti Incident is just plain awful to me.

• Haha 1

Just now, Karice said:

I have read Lies is an EP which is probably why it seems off to me. Lies is off to me, Spaghetti Incident is just plain awful to me.

TSI could've been a really good EP, there's some good songs and the production is great. Ain't It Fun is one of Slash's finest moments, his tone is fantastic on that.

• Like 2

people seriously putting CD as their top preference? Good album, no doubt, but above AfD? I personally like all of them minus that one song from Lies, and if I'd have to pick a number one album I'd say AfD with UYI I as a very close second. Gotta listen to Dust N' Bones now.

Edited by Sonic Reducer

We don't exactly have many to choose from lol 

1 hour ago, Gordon Comstock said:

TSI could've been a really good EP, there's some good songs and the production is great. Ain't It Fun is one of Slash's finest moments, his tone is fantastic on that.

They picked some absolutely garbage songs to cover lmao don't know what they were thinking with most of the choices