Which UYI songs benefitted most from the remaster?

I think Dust N' Bones and LALD sound great to me. I mean they all do but in those two I can hear more than I could before. You can identify shit that was more buried in the past. Backing vocals for one. 

16 hours ago, WhazUp said:

They are more compressed so you can potentially hear "more detail" at lower volumes because everything frequency-wise is being pushed more to the forefront because of that

Honestly though, that can just mean it sounding a bit more cramped and induce ear fatigue when played louder - comparing a couple choice tunes with the original CDs, the originals are more dynamic and have just as much detail while played at a decent volume. 

Honestly the compression completely negates the potential benefits you can get from a new tape transfer and new EQing.  For me I am sticking with the originals across the board

Thanks for elaborating on the technical side. I guess that is exactly what it is, and what my problem with the remasters is;. I just mentioned in another thread that I think somehow the remasters are more "clean" -  to listen to, but somehow also more difficult as they lack warmth and energy to me. 

1 hour ago, James Bond said:

It does seem to make November Rain really standout as a result against the other songs. I really wish that, in addition to the remastered tunes, that all the remixed ones were included alongside them.

Wasn't it only an Atmos mix? Not an actual remix? It seems like NR was the only one that was actually "remixed" because it had to be due to the orchestra.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

15 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Wasn't it only an Atmos mix? Not an actual remix? It seems like NR was the only one that was actually "remixed" because it had to be due to the orchestra.

That's what I mean - by default, November Rain is the standout track since it's the only remix. The others don't really seem all that different under general listening. I would have loved to have heard the rejected remixes for all the tracks for something different.