06/30/23 - London, GB - Hyde Park

alfierose

Setlist 

It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Reckless Life, Double Talkin’ Jive, Pretty Tied Up, Hard Skool, Absurd, Estranged, Live And Let Die, Rocket Queen, Down On The Farm, You Could Be Mine, TV Eye, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Patience, Coma, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Nightrain, Don’t Cry, Paradise City  

Notes: Headlining BST Hyde Park. It rains a bit during the show.

From HTGTH

Edited by kingcanyon
  • Like 2

Just back to my hotel in London, a great show yet again from guns n roses. 3 hours, full on, didn’t even stop for an encore, Axl said they aren’t going to waste any time so they just rolled straight into Don’t Cry I think it was. Axl fell over a couple of times early on, but kept going, he seemed like he was in a really good mood kept interacting with the crowd, making jokes, it makes a difference.

The only downer as others have noted, the golden circle was too big so not paying the premium meant the view was poor especially as there was some kind of corporate stand right in the middle too, and for whatever reason the crowd was incredibly boring

Edited by dave94
  • Like 2

I was there (third show this week), I have genuinely no recollection of Jungle, I don’t know, maybe the strange setlist ordering has thrown me. Anyway, it was pretty phenomenal. It felt pretty epic, London always gets good shows (obvious exceptions) the crowd was pretty good in the most part (as I often find for GN’R in London, even near the back of the rather large Golden circle, lots of people around me singing along).

Axl for the first hour sounded as good as I’ve heard him in recent years, I was really surprised, I think Glasgow sounded strained, after Glasto, was back on the mark here. I thought the setlist was great, I wouldn’t have changed much, getting Coma and Don’t Cry was nice. The no encore thing was sweet, Axl said it was an insurance policy so they wouldn’t get cut off, and then afterwards said “we are Lloyds of London and we’d like to thank you for coming out tonight” :lol: and then straight into Paradise.

There was almost a whole crowd singalong to November Rain which would have been pretty cool, it’s so well known now everyone knows all the words it seems. Venue was great, and big. It felt like a big crowd. BST Hyde Park seems a like a great event. The stage was enormous, with a full wrap around screens, it was quite impressive visually.

And again, Absurd is a banger, it doesn’t sound out of place in a Guns set.

Edited by Carburetta
  • Like 3

best £38 ever spent - they played coma! i would have paid £38 just for coma alone..

unfortunately i was the only person singing it end to end and then I realised people around me were looking at me like im a freak for knowing coma's lyrics lol.. f them.

axl didnt take an oxygen break before or during the song which i thought was crazy.. somewhat suicidal even. laryngitis around the corner.

there were some mickey moments of course and i think hard skool absurd back to back was a mood killer for most but overall much better than tottenham concerts last year and probably better than the Nitl concert in the olympic stadium a couple of years back..

Edited by SL138
  • Like 4

9 minutes ago, DSTK said:

Loved it! Just back at the hotel,  not a bad track at all, shame the didn't play a couple more but absolutely brilliant 

who else does a 3 hour set without a pause? i think nobody.. i think this is the last thing you can complain about

2 minutes ago, SL138 said:

who else does a 3 hour set without a pause? i think nobody.. i think this is the last thing you can complain about

Straight through smashing it ,no break bar TV eye and slash solo...fabulous 

Plus the pretenders, god she's good

37 minutes ago, SL138 said:

Unfortunately i was the only person singing it end to end and then I realised people around me were looking at me like im a freak for knowing coma's lyrics lol.. f them

Me & one other man were doing the exact same - shouting every single lyric like a pair of crazies 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1