Do you always buy the most expensive concert tickets you can afford?

ChristmasFnatic

8 hours ago, ChristmasFnatic said:

Golden Circle/VIP, etc, especially on your top 5 favorite artists or bands? Or these days, you are just happy that you are there?

These days, I don't bother at all. Better things to spend my money on.

Concerts are a rip-off. Plus most of the great people who were truly worth seeing are either past it or dead. 

Edited by Towelie
  • Like 1

Depends on the band, but usually no. For RHCP I wanted good seats, so I got expensive tickets but they were far from the most expensive. For Colin James back in September I got great seats at the front of the balcony - not the most expensive, but definitely one of the best views in the theatre. If the Stones announce a Vancouver show, me and some friends will be in the nosebleeds (still disappointed we missed them in 2020).

Whenever possible, I try to get GA. I usually move around during the opening bands set and find a good view by the time the headliner's on stage.

Yes. I usually only go to a concert if I know I can get a good seat/view. No point in going to a concert to watch it from a mile away, IMO. If I can't or don't think a good seat is worth buying, I'd rather not go than to go in a shitty section. Like the next Metallica concert here in Paris: When I saw the price for spots that are actually close to the stage, I decided not to go at all :shrugs:

• Like 2

When I go to shows alone, I usually try to be as close as possible or at least have a good view of the whole stage but when I’m with friends I don’t care where the seats are, I will have a good time regardless of the seats. Saw the Stones in Gelsenkirchen and GNR in Barcelona from row Z, both shows/experiences were great