The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

25 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I didn't mention this at the time, for fear of not wanting to open Pandora's box.....but fuck it, it's opened! 

There were people filming Glasgow on stage for sure. They weren't filming for the screens, they were with different cameras and concentrating a lot on filming the members of the band. Totally different crew. It also looked to me like the stage was miked up for recording- lots of mics all around the stage that I hadn't noticed before. 

Now, factor this in with Axl and Slash in a studio listening to mixes.....and I think it wouldn't be outrageous to suggest a live album is being worked on. 

yeah I think this may be true actually. I did wonder if when Perhaps comes out (yes I said when not if) there would be Glasto tracks thrown in. But a live album/blu ray makes more sense to me. There's one with A$hba why would there not be one with slash?

2 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

I would be down for one.  I enjoy even just putting on Glastonbury's ripped audio on as of late, I think having a fully mixed live release would be cool.

Of course I would much rather them take new music as their biggest priority but I don't think it would be a bad move to release a live album considering Appetite for Democracy was the last live release and it features a long defunct lineup

Exactly this. Why not a live album if they can find the right versions where Axl sounds ok? Just today I bought two Stones live LPs off Amazon’s prime day deals and I can’t wait to get them in my hands. Sure, they’ve been milking the live stuff for a while but everyone knows they’re actually working on a new album. Why can’t Guns function like a normal band…

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

yeah I think this may be true actually. I did wonder if when Perhaps comes out (yes I said when not if) there would be Glasto tracks thrown in. But a live album/blu ray makes more sense to me. There's one with A$hba why would there not be one with slash?

It's very odd it has never happened with the NITL lineup yet. Another possibility of course is that they were filming live bits for a music video for Perhaps......

• Like 2

Wait, what?

They are thinking of releasing a live album and not release the many unreleased CD tracks or post reunion tracks?

Is this a live album of only the CD tracks because we already have a live album of the AFD/ Lies/ UYI era.

If they are filming them live, it might be live performance shots for a possible video for a new song...im.hoping

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Illusion1987 said:

Wait, what?

They are thinking of releasing a live album and not release the many unreleased CD tracks or post reunion tracks?

Is this a live album of only the CD tracks because we already have a live album of the AFD/ Lies/ UYI era.

If they are filming them live, it might be live performance shots for a possible video for a new song...im.hoping

Oh, we don't know, we're just speculating based on a few things. 

2 minutes ago, Spoon87 said:

I'd take anything to be honest. Even a live album, fuck yeah. Release a Blu-ray with it and I'm more than in.

Would anything include, an album of Greatest Farts by Duff, Slash and Axl. Bonus tracks of Bucket post chicken coop dinner...I dunno! Maybe I'd sign up to ANYTHING at this point too! Has that fanclub live EP dropped yet? Any artwork ?

33 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Hang on a second. Remember the KoHD practice they posted that sounded mixed before the tour started? Now we may know why it was mixed so well

Oh...on that tour short promo? Yep....in contrast to that recent Patience live mix, this was a fucking masterpiece!

38 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

It's very odd it has never happened with the NITL lineup yet. Another possibility of course is that they were filming live bits for a music video for Perhaps......

You know....it's still funny almost a month later, the BBC are still airing new trailers of their pride and joy, the bread and butter that they do get right, in-between scandals...Glasto and Wimbledon joint trailer....with Footage of Axl running blending into tennis players running, kinda cool to see it repeated everyday and that once reclusive "Howard Hughes" so visible....

5 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Documentary Crew? They have had people filming on and off for years. I recall an early episode of @Gambit83 podcast where a guest (I forget who, I think a journalist) had mentioned being interviewed for it by a british guy and that others had too. Hopefully he can remember and post if i'm not going mad. I remember thinking it sounded "Official" and not some crappy TV thing. I think this was around first reunion gigs.

I know Dale Resteghin was shooting in 2010 for South American tour, and there was the 2006 stuff by I think by Lush Productions. Obviously the most well known stuff is the Perfect crime doc. Perhaps they are filming again?

Wish I could remember! Art Tavana maybe? 

9 minutes ago, Gambit83 said:

Wish I could remember! Art Tavana maybe? 

Yeah I think it may have been, i think it was in the first 20 eps somewhere

25 minutes ago, BucketEgg said:

we haven't heard a large portion of The General being soundchecked have we? maybe the people at GnR know the reputation it has as one of the "grails", so they're keeping it a super secret surprise until it releases! :D

I think so! 

Anyone know which record label GNR are currently under? Universal? We need to do some snooping! If its almost ready for announcement, there might be trails to be found :P

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

I actually love OMG. I wish the whole album sounded like that.  I think it's a great industrial rocker.  And Axl's voice on it is great.

This article from September 1999 is fascinating knowing how everything played out  lol 

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/good-god-guns-255073/

Same. It was a direction I think GNR should have fully embraced at the time. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 2