The "New Album" Thread. Thanks to the long ass thread, I’m going home!

8 hours ago, betterman said:

I hope for at least an EP - maybe get the General out there at the same time. 

Imagine listening to the General this week - seems unbelievable and probably is. 

Regarding the General: I hope they still use the intro with a real orchestra and its a 6+ minute song, i really like the epics and Slash alluded some of the new songs as epic (but of course could be interpreted in other ways) HS and Absurd is a bit simple to my ears, we need those songs too, but what I really want is some epics like TWAT, Perhaps etc..

Yea...An EP would be great and why not? It would match what they did last time...Perhaps and...(I want to say The General like everyone but don't want to set myself up for disappointment) probably Atlas, since they seem to want to put out stuff that has leaked first, cancelling put The General on that logic currently. 

If we get a matching EP, we've basically got the sequel to Lies! 4 studio tracks and 4 "live" tracks! Woohoo. Between the two releases...

22 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Nah he's gonna stay and continue to troll and annoy to his hearts content 

His intensions were good....or perhaps his intensions were misunderstood....

Edited by colonizedmind

4 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

By the way, slamming anyone for simply not being thrilled with the band or for not being optimistic about if and when new music will be released is *also* trolling.

Are you talking to me? If so I'm not doing that. I think there's for some reason a bit of confusion going on between what you're describing and purposely trying to be as obnoxious and annoying as possible.

Edited by Jw224

14 minutes ago, Jw224 said:

Are you talking to me? If so I'm not doing that. I think there's for some reason a bit of confusion going on between what you're describing and purposely trying to be as obnoxious and annoying as possible.

I’m just saying, it really does feel like any time anybody tries to insert any degree of skepticism regarding new material - whether it’s the probability of it being released or the quality of the new material - there’s someone there ready to call them a troll or tell them to leave or, my favorite, “why are you here then?”

It’s happened to me here and it’s annoying.

Meanwhile, there doesn’t seem to be the same reaction when someone says, apropos of nothing, that new music will be released soon or there’s something coming soon.

I remember when the Spotify algorithm talk was going on and I tried saying that it didn’t mean anything, I was told to just shut up and “let everyone believe what they want.” But I was letting everyone believe what they want - I was simply stating what *I* believe.

It’s just a little aggravating sometimes how vigilant the ChiDem2 posters can be about knocking down any sort of skepticism towards this band’s creative output.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I’m just saying, it really does feel like any time anybody tries to insert any degree of skepticism regarding new material - whether it’s the probability of it being released or the quality of the new material - there’s someone there ready to call them a troll or tell them to leave or, my favorite, “why are you here then?”

Meanwhile, there doesn’t seem to be the same reaction when someone says, apropos of nothing, that new music will be released soon or there’s something coming soon.

I remember when the Spotify algorithm talk was going on and I tried saying that it didn’t mean anything, I was told to just shut up and “let everyone believe what they want.” But I was letting everyone believe what they want - I was simply stating what *I* believe.

It’s just a little aggravating sometimes how vigilant the ChiDem2 posters can be about knocking down any sort of skepticism towards this band’s creative output.

It's cult like behavior. I had a mod tell me this thread is a safe space for people that think a new album is right around the corner.

2 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

It's cult like behavior. I had a mod tell me this thread is a safe space for people that think a new album is right around the corner.

I think it’s fine if they believe a new album is right around the corner. More power to them.

Hell, I *hope* there’s a new album around the corner! I love Guns N’ Roses, why *wouldn’t* I want new music from them? I’d just like the new music to be good, and I don’t like anything else I’ve heard on the Village Leaks.

But what I *want* and what I *think* are two different things. So I can hope for new music all I want, but if I’m going to post on a message board about it, I’m going to post what I think: I think Perhaps will be released soon, followed by another single which I predict to be Atlas even if some of the General talk around here is slowly starting to seep in to my thick skull.

I just think I should be able to type all of this onto a message board without being told to leave because I don’t necessarily believe everything that Axl Rose has said in an online chat from 2008.

1 hour ago, Jw224 said:

Nah he's gonna stay and continue to troll and annoy to his hearts content 

Ever heard of the ignore function? Your constant attempts to moderate people in the forum is beyond boring. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, 2020_Intensions said:

yeah it has nothing to do with you being unpleasent to anyone who doesn't share your Gn'R opinions. Must be everyone else and their "cult behavior". 

if you're bored, that doesn't mean you should be a dick to people, even on the internet. You said you were done posting cause you didn't find it interesting anymore, but it seems you don't have anything else to do irl that is more interesting for you than being annoying on a forum. 

I personally don't mind your online presence when you're not being an attention whore but lately it's much worse.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, GoodOlJohnnyK said:

I can only speak for myself, but I didn't take any issue on your position about the releasing of new material. It happens, there's a lot of people here who are very vocal about it. But being skeptic isn't the same as being negative. One thing is to be skeptical about a release, the other is to try to put people down when they believe on evidence. Not saying you did that, just that this is how I see it.

I did took issue with you about the song The General in particular just because it was a matter of common sense to me that the cell phone recording was real, because of all the reasons I already give. The same person (which is a forum member, BTW) who recorded it that also recorded Silkworms and I believe it was before the Bumblefoot version leaked. 

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

All this is fine. Who could disagree?

The problem is when someone participates in this thread only to say - on repeat - that the people who participate in a thread about a new album are idiots.

And to spam the reactions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

It IS The General. There's no doubt about that. But there's no reason to believe that it's an INTRO to The General. Rather than a 3 minute intro, it's more likely orchestral backgroundmusic in the song The General.

Aah... Now I understand.. Yeah, I guess you're right.

• Like 1

On 8/2/2023 at 3:58 PM, Zeppelin said:

I think he looks great for his age. I can only pray that I look that good when I'm 61. Just needs one of those old man beards and he'd be killing it.

I'm curious what Axl would look like in the beard now, but I suspect Axl already has gray hair and the beard would also be gray. Once there was a photo of him wearing a beard and you could see that he was dyeing it, because the gray regrowth was very clearly visible

36 minutes ago, Rovim said:

yeah it has nothing to do with you being unpleasent to anyone who doesn't share your Gn'R opinions. Must be everyone else and their "cult behavior". 

if you're bored, that doesn't mean you should be a dick to people, even on the internet. You said you were done posting cause you didn't find it interesting anymore, but it seems you don't have anything else to do irl that is more interesting for you than being annoying on a forum. 

I personally don't mind your online presence when you're not being an attention whore but lately it's much worse.

How am I being an attention whore? 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

I did took issue with you about the song The General in particular just because it was a matter of common sense to me that the cell phone recording was real, because of all the reasons I already give. The same person (which is a forum member, BTW) who recorded it that also recorded Silkworms and I believe it was before the Bumblefoot version leaked. 

Understood on the rest of your post. I did want to clarify this piece, though:

I wasn’t questioning the legitimacy of the recording. I was simply saying it had been sent to me and I couldn’t make out what was a vocal and what was ambient background noise. I think I replied a few pages back where I pointed out three parts that sound like they could be vocals, particularly the last 10 seconds or so of the recording which sound like a very high pitched and raspy Axl. I could hear the guitar just fine - especially the lead line. It was the vocal. Wasn’t questioning whether the music played was real - that’s Absurd at the beginning of the clip I have.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, UYI4 said:

Wasn’t Elvis assumed to be Monstrosity? I vaguely remember that but been a lot of years.

I can’t keep up with the various iterations of the songs as well as everyone else. I believe Axl at one point named a song called Elvis Presley and the Monster of Soul, which turned into Soul Monster (I think). He described it as Sabbathy.

That lines up with Me & My Elvis, which has a Sabbath-type of vibe to it. And it’d be just odd to have two different songs with Elvis related working titles.

Edited by GoodOlJohnnyK